Say Aaaaahhhhhh…

"Well, those back molars look all right, but I'm seeing a little abrasion on the gums.  Let's switch you to a soft-bristle toothbrush and see if that helps."

cheetah-dog_1376324i

UPDATE: The source of the photo has been located heee-yah.

Comments

1. Yipes. Cheetah bref.

2. kittyadventures says:

Run Puppy it is a trick.

Remembers Little red riding hood story!

3. Aww it’s like Eden! Oh wait, the snake’s gonna show up :-p

4. I can’t believer pupper’s little tongue is out and he’s actually assisting “Kitty” in the dental work. Wow. That there is a brave pup.

5. What is going on here?! Still cute, though.

6. doctor/patient relations…?!

7. Are they FRENCH KISSING!?! Get a room you two!!!

8. berthaservant says:

This is a classic. Although I don’t want my dentist licking me. The hygenist, on the other hand….

9. Pup seems to be a JRT. They are brave pups, indeed! It certainly looks like these two are pals, though. I’d love the backstory here.

10. Annie J. says:

Lol Lizzy, I wanted to say the same thing!

11. OMGOSH!!! DE KE-UWT WITTLE TONGUES!! DE R TOUCHING! DIS PICKTURE EES TOUCHING!! KE-UUUUUUUUUWT!!! *ahem* forgive the caps… got a bit carried away. lol ;)

12. Awww, I call interspecies! Love can be found in the most unexpected places ^^

13. “Doc, can you do anything about my wildebeest breath? I didn’t used to have this problem, so it must be from something gnu that I ate.”

14. Mary (the first) says:

I gotta say from the looks of the kitteh teefs that he’s already had his cleaning. Look how sparkly white they are! I think the pupper is just looking for some teeth whitening tips…

15. kallisto73 says:

Remember to floss after every kill?
    ROFL

16. Don’t forget the interspecies snorgling tag!

17. Sue Kelly says:

Hi,

I am wondering what this little dog’s name is because it looks so like the one I sadly had to part with some time ago.

I live in Perth Western Australia and woiuld love to know where this photo was tken,

Best Regards,

Sue Kelly.

18. Whoa … like. Whoa! Is that a cheetah or a leopard? I love it!

19. All the goggie needs is a little red bonnet (a la Little Red Riding Hood)….
    Said in canine falsetto: “My, Grandma, wut big choppers you has!!!! :shock:

20. :-o Oh my god it’s so cute! (<— geez, could it be any more general? :-s)

My dog, who’s name is…indy (hence the name), pretty much likes to smell my breath from time to time. “*snif snif* mm, what’d you had for diner? Any left overs??” Good thing she never fell unconscious ;-D . Although she often tries to dig for left overs :-s. loll

Interspecies love is… love…. simply. :-))))

21. I love this but it is a little skeery. 8O

22. Am I the only one who thinks this looks totally fake?

23. Trabb's Boy says:

Right with you indy1110. My dog nearly tackles my 6-yr-old after every meal clearning his face (which is much less of a treat than it was three years ago) and trying to do anything he can to ensure the boy doesn’t get any cavities. Often the kid is laughing hard enough that the dog does get a good dental slurp or two in. Fortunately the pooch doesn’t try to pull this stunt with guests or me, or I’d have to try and train her out of it.

24. Von Zeppelin says:

“Yeah, I can make you a platinum grill with a coupla diamonds, no problem. Man, you’re gonna be the baddest predator on the Serengeti. Be sure and tell your friends that Doc Beagle will fix em up. Payment plan? Yeah, we got a payment plan. Just leave a gazelle haunch with the receptionist on the way out.”

25. But what’s the backstory!!! I wanna know!!!!!!

26. This looks like the dog I saw once on the show “Dogs with Jobs” (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/dogs-with-jobs ). He lived at a cheetah rehab sanctuary in South Africa and helped socialize abandoned cheetah cubs. His name was Tokkolos.

27. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Hey, peeps! I’ve updated the post with a link to the photo source, which has as much of the back story as I can find.

28. Hon Glad says:

Hello ooo ooo ooo!

29. *groans @ John E’s joke* :-D

30. P.Erasmus says:
  31. Lol Trabb’s Boy ! Nice to see it makes your kid laugh ^^, must be cute, also a little bit disgusting but well… :-D They get their informations the way they can, they don’t have hands so they can’t touch to analyze. ^^
    What I love the most about my dog when seeing her looking in my mouth (my this sounds weird lol), her eyes point in the direction of her nose and it makes her look like Daisy from Disney when they make a close up of the eyes with the eyelashes and all. (she’s a cavalier king charles) ^^ She’s so lovely!
    But then I can see it coming when she’s about to try to taste lol :-D. I’m faster than her, Ha!
    If only she could inform me if my breath is deadly or not :-D.

32. Thanks to the link given by Not that mike the other mike, I’ve made a search over the woman’s name and found the official link to her association to save cheetahs from extinction: http://www.cheetahexperience.com/

Good thing there are people like her. But they have to do so much because we are not enough helping… :(

33. Sorry for the third post in a row, didn’t know I was gonna comment again, but you have to see the pictures on the website! There are “I shall leeck you” part 2, 3, 4… Lots! of Qte pictures! And many caption possibilities! Squee alert people!

34. It’s like the cutest possible 1-800-DENTIST ad.

35. That dog of yours is super cute.I wish i had a dog like that one. Do you have a cat?

36. Amazing.

37. platedlizard says:

Wildlife Safari in Oregon has a cheetah/dog pair! They raised them together so they’re best buds. It was for education, the dog is a breed that’s used to protect livestock from predators in Africa and they were raising money for a program to support the breed there (so that farmers use them rather then shooting or trapping the cheetahs, the dogs drive away the predators, they don’t hurt them).

The pair at Wildlife Safari apparently play too rough to be allowed together unsurprised, however, so now they’re only together when a trainer is there. But still, very cool.

38. Gail (the first one) says:

Lavas tus dientes!!

(belatedly) I’m loving all you guys’ new avatars!!!!!

39. Why wouldn’t it be true, I see living here in Oregon wildlife with domestic animals. My little dog 4 lbs. does this to my big dog 100 lbs all the time.

40. Antsmasher says:

nuh, uch, uck….your breath is atrocious!

41. Thanks P.Erasmus for the awesome link! The “family” looks so loving together! It’s sad to know they are on the verge of extinction.

Lovely kissing photo btw. XD