Purple and Brown, Adventures of

Part Mr. Bill, Part “I Love You Man,” meet: Purple and Brown! First up: Next it’s: Then, crowd favorite: And what post would be complete without: And last but not (huh huh) least: Via Zombie Girls Online! Purple and Brown are another brillo creation from Aardman. But you already knew that.

Comments

1. Maybe I’m just not getting it? Not very funny to me, kind of stupid actually.

2. um, woah. I think I just felt our collective intelligence as a species go down.

3. They also remind me a bit of these Muppet gals

And the Philly Phanatic. It’s the mouth.

4. I like their little clay faces. I’ve been trying to figure out where they came from for ages. Thank you.

5. Also reminiscent of Wallace and Gromit (as least the dog is!) and Beavis and Butthead!

I think they’re cute.

6. firepikachu says:

The snowman video was the best. I laughed for that one, but not so much for the rest. They’re cute though.

7. I think the Irish Jig one is my favourite. I found it after watching the trampoline.

8. binky-mama says:

I don’t know why but their laughter kinda creeps me out. (hee-hee ho-ho) As well as the lack of dental hygiene. In all fairness claymation in general creeps me out as I was terrified of Gumby as a child.

9. charliewabba says:

They are so easily amused. In such a benign way.

10. Beth (in NC) says:

:-D I *did* know that. Because when I was watching, I was thinking “I need to watch Creature Comforts again, because it’s so awesome.” Looooooooove them. And Wallace and Gromit. Sigh.

11. I like this post!! These guys are silly and funny in a little-kid kind of way. I always have had juvenile sense of humor….

12. brinnann says:

A cow-orker and I just watched about 15 of the episodes. I, too, loved the Irish Jig!

BTW, should this be tagged in “Cartoons?”

13. I liked it :D
    It’s cute, kinda stupid, but it’s funny.

14. I think these are the two guys from Nikelodian(I know I spelled that wrong, sorry) They were the cut scenes between the shows and the commercials right? Or am I just losing my mind?

15. CoffeeCup says:

They’re from Nickelodeon, for heaven’s sake. They’re for kids, who will find them funny. I laughed a little, but since I’m not the target audience, who cares whether I like it or not? I’m just happy it’s less Ren and Stimpy (kind of violent and disturbing for kids), and more like Wallace and Gromit.

16. All I could think of was ‘primitive humor’ (which I rlly need anyway because I am having a snarky day)……..Ooooo, ha ha, hee hee, wooo hooo; nope: still doesn’t quite cut it :roll:

17. Is this…supposed to be funny? I thought it was rather silly…I miss the cute animal pics that are usually on the site.

18. brinnann says:

PT, if ya just scroll down a few inches….VOILA!

Also, one of the cool things I’m likin’ about the WordPress set up is that you can click “Blog Info” in the very tippity-top right corner and check out a random post.

19. miaouxme says:

they are so cute! I started watching and then I found Shaun the Sheep and Timmy Time, also aardman producsheeons!

20. YItzysmommie says:

OK color me stupid, silly & primitive. I Laughed. Out loud. All by myself! And I’m sending the link to my kids who will no doubt be too sophisticated, like ya’ll, to laugh out loud.

21. I prefer the animals, of course I am not the target audience. I also find most clay animations kind of creepy. Generally, I love your site. Keep up the good work

22. Annie J. says:

I admittedly didn’t find this quite funny either, but I can see why a 5 year old might be amused by it :)

23. harmlesslittleflea says:

The grown-up in me loves how a few lumps of clay can be made so expressive.

But it was the little person in me that made me laugh out loud. Then forward it to my equally juvenile, silly friends. :D

24. chanpon says:

I found that very cute, and it being silly I thought was the point.

25. I think it’s stupid and annoying.Why do little kids like these
    i don’t and I’m 12 years old

26. Mingcat says:

So, if we’re not the target audience, why post it on this site? It is pretty inane, something that a 6 year old might like.

27. lol the bumblebee one is funny XD

28. i agree with mingcat…=)

29. Welshcake says:

Well, I’m 37 and I thought they were hilarious.

30. I agree with Mingcat and Dianna, how many 5 & 6 year olds come to the site?

31. Thanks, but no thanks. Next!

32. Noot nooot!
    Anti-silliness claymation haters frequent the CO? Seriously? There’s only one thing that can cheer me up after reading these comments, and his name is Pingu.

33. Pingu not nearly as creepy as purple and brown.

34. Checkmate, Damama. Mwahahahaha!!

35. Meh… not cute.

36. Marianne says:

I liked it :o)

37. claudemarie says:

weeeeeird, lol

38. Back in the infant days of the internets (Hamster Dance and Dancing Baby), there was a site called “Easily Amused” (not the present one). I loved it. I’m certainly way too old to care if a twelve-year-old thinks I’m immature! :wink:

39. kibblenibble says:

I love claymation! Rather comforting and nostalgic to me. This is pretty juvenile, but a great mental escape, which is what I come here for. Snowman and Spaghetti are my favorites!

40. momof2kittiesandapuppeh says:

Patito- I thought of Pingu, too! We love him!!

We’ve seen these purple and brown guys (I live with 3 Nickelodeon watchers) but I never thought of them as CO material. Not my thing, but then again, it’s not my blog. I’ll stick to Monty Python quoting kittehs.

41. berthaservant says:

Meh. Not terrible, but not much to write home about. Aardman has done much better animation (W&G, Creature Comforts, the gasoline commercials). I can see how some would be amused, but it’s not terribly profound.

42. Subhangi says:

Meh here too, but I LOVE Aardman otherwise. Claymation is teh awesome.

[sniffle]

I miss animating. :(

43. Hampster Dance! I LOVED that. It always made me smile, just like CO…silly or not. I, too, and too old to worry about whether anyone else thinks something is funny. Purple and Brown made me laugh. Don’t care why. Thanks for posting something I’d probably never run into anywhere else. Go CO!

44. donkeyinawhitecoat says:

I am 100% in love with purple and brown. Don’t miss the Irish dancing a la riverdance one, or the bubble gum. THEY. ARE. AWESOME. And adorable, and a good lesson: whatever comes your way…just laugh and move on.

You folks with the sticks in yer butts who only think embroidered kitty sweaters and precious moments figurines are cute: take a hike.

45. Ahh! I remember these!!! Back in the good old days of Nickelodeon… *nostalgic sigh*

46. Was anyone else strangely grossed out by watching these?

(The joke in the snowman one was funny, though.)