Oh, Towel Boy…

“… ah do believe ah aym finished with mah bay-thin’, so if you will be evah so kind as to hand me mah towel… and be sure to avert your eyes, you wicked thing, you!”

Yes, Miz Tallulah...

From sender-inner Jessie S.: “We’re watching a bearded dragon for a friend this week (her name is Toast, by the way…) and our furry kitty monster (Neko) has been on 24-hour lizard surveillance since she arrived.  He supervises her eating, sleeping, and her bath time.  Also note – check out Toast’s posh tail in the sink – can’t get the end of it wet!”

Comments

1. I wonder if Neko’s every seen any geckos? I’d start off with those before upgrading to the bearded dragons and ultimately the Komondo babies.

Love those little paws and intent stare! Toast would prefer bubbles next time by the way.

2. Truman Capote lizard is ready for his “orange drink”..

3. brinnann says:

Toast, honey, I hate to break it to you… but I don’t think the spa treatment is working. You’re still looking a little rough. Maybe you should try an exfoliating session next time you go. And a massage. Because massages are great. Just sayin’.

*eyes spa gift card & wonders when I’ll have a chance to go*

4. shonasquee says:

I are cute lizard yarr!

5. brinnann says:

Inquisitive kitteh would like to inquire as to why there’s a bebeh dragon in his bed/water fountain.

6. Allison U. says:

Toast = awesome name

7. Paunchie says:

that kitteh wants to eat some toast.

8. kittyadventures says:

Toast will be toast if Kitty has her way

9. skippymom says:

Brinnann, what IS that in your avatar picture? An actual tiny dragon perched on your hand? Where did you get it?

10. Awww… my beardie died a few weeks ago, and I miss him terribly. :(

11. brinnann says:

Skippymom, you’re right, it’s a wee tiny dragon, but that’s not my hand. I, aherm, “borrowed” it from a ‘shopping site. I’ve been trying to change it over to my other favorite, but Gravatar isn’t cooperating. It’s a nekkid kitteh (sphinx?) that has tattoos, piercings, etc. – also “borrowed” from the ‘shopping site.

12. brinnann says:

@Risha: {{{HUGS}}}

13. skippymom says:

By the way, I’d like to get myself an avatar, but when I go to the place to change it, the page is too big and I can’t see enough of it to do anything. Theo or somebody, help? Or maybe it’s related to my computer having some other “issues”, sigh….

14. va_cat_mom says:

Toast is so lucky Neko isn’t a TINY BIT taller…

15. kittyadventures says:

Skippys Mom which browser are you using .. try changing browsers that may work and also your view can be changed at the top of your browsing page is a tab that says view try zooming out that should do it.

I hope on of those helps.. I will be back with more instructions afgter I go do a trial

16. kittyadventures says:

Okay Skippies mom log into word press and on the top left click on my account/ then click on edit my profile all on the left side of the page
    then when you get into the edit my profile page you go to the top right hand side of the page to change your gravatar. Then click on Change my gravater give it plenty of time to load and then browse for your avatar and up load.

17. kittyadventures says:

This concludes our lesson on WordPress Gavatars.

18. brinnann says:

Annie, when you say “give it plenty of time,” are we talking a few minutes or like 30? ‘Cuz mine is still misbehavin’. :(

19. kristabelle41 says:

Kitteh is all, “Get in mah belleh!” :D

20. starlinguk says:

Our George always hangs his tail out of the sink. He’s a cat. No, he doesn’t mind getting wet, as long as his tail doesn’t. Weirdo.

21. starlinguk says:

*points at avatar* That’s George the Weirdo, AKA Pretzel Cat, Long Cat, Cretin, Katze, Katzenschwanz and Dimwit.

22. After Toast’s bawth, he’ll be wanting a stint under a sunlamp; he would like Neko to set up his teeney-tineey deck chair; and after that, Neko can fetch him a mint julep, preferably with a liddel parasol stuck on the top of the straw; (If you would be so kind, Neko…..but pleeze to hurry it up….!)

23. Addendum: Ahem…..; so sorry—- Toast is a girl: (I kept saying ‘he’);… blush..!!

24. foxyinbanff says:

Starlinguk – I though your avatar was a sheep until you explained, and even then I had to turn the computer around to see the smiling cat.

*lol’s at herself*

25. foxyinbanff says:

THOUGHT

26. “24 hour lizard surveillance”– I love eet!

27. issshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (the Bengali way of expressing amazement and wonder) ….how sweet

28. skippymom says:

Testing…testing…I think I got it! Let’s see….

29. my kitten’s name is Neko too! =]

30. Neko, “Me thinks I see a snack”

31. i love beardies! i have a little girl named Fievel (thought she was a boy at first..)

i have some supercute photos of her sticking out her tongue and grinning up at me, but none of them have been put up :(

32. skippymom says:

It worked!!! (does little victory dance in office, looks furtively around to make sure nobody saw)
    Annie, thanks for your help; I actually managed to do it through a different route, though.
    Hey everybody, that’s my beautiful angel boy Skippy looking at you!

33. alwayscataddict says:

For some reason I can’t see the avatars on my work computer. I have to wait until I get home and look at everyone’s. :(

34. dewicasgwent says:

Just a test as hard job setting up this photo

Theo please delete this comment

35. But NTMTOM, does Towel Boy have proud buttocks? I can’t see them.

36. @Skippymom, love your creamsicle kitty.

37. dewicasgwent says:

Another test

38. PS I once saw a description of a healthy bearded dragon as having “meaty legs.” Now I wonder if it was Neko who wrote that description. >:D

39. berthaservant says:

I have nothing to add, but I like to post a comment on every posting. I do think the kitteh is being protective and curious, though, not predatory. Forgive me it’s opening day in baseball and I am distracted.

40. Oh I want my own Toast!

What great and caring friends these people are. They are obviously taking such loving care of this sweet liz, spa treatments and all! Wonder if they’ll be able to give up the toast.

41. I heart Toast!!

But PLEEEEEEEEZE get the RSS feed up and running again!!!!

42. @Berthaserv, you are not distracted. You are merely readjusting to what life is supposed to be. :D

43. Neko needs a stool for better viewing. And I agree with Berthaservant that Neko isn’t being predatory: it sounds like Monsieur le Chat has had ample opportunities to eat Mademoiselle Pain Grillé (Toast) and has not done so.

44. Ohh. Sweet lizards’s name makes me sad. A beloved cat I knew named Toast passed away recently. =[

45. victoreia says:

Good thing I don’t have any friends with lizards as pets; I’d never be able to lizard-sit. My two monsters would say “Oh, thanks for the edible toy, mom!”

46. firepikachu says:

I don’t think I could babysit a lizard. But I’m sure if I had to, my kitteh would hide not help. :)

47. firepikachu says:

Love Skippy’s pic, too cute!

48. burvegas says:

Hey, folks, Maru’s biographer won a YouTube award! Maru can be seen admiring it on his blog:

(Hope that link works, I’ve never done one here before…)

49. kibblenibble says:

Burvegas: Success! I reached Maru’s link! Congrat’s to his biographer/human! Well-deserved. BTW, Toast and Neko are darling! Are there any other animals in the house? Perhaps if Neko is normally and “only child,” he might like a friend of some kind! :-)

PS My Isabella is to the right. Camera doesn’t do her justice at all.

50. Patito, I don’t see the meaty legs there. o_O

51. Oh. Sorry.
    [rolls trousers up to the knee]

52. kittyadventures says:

Brinn It took a good three minutes or so for mine and five tries and three different avatars before I found one that would work. And Skippymom I am glad you got yours to work your kitty is beautiful

Theresa I am thinking that kitty does have quite the proud buttocks .

53. I suppose it’s rather silly and dorky of me, but…
    one of my first thoughts at the dragon not wanting to get the tail tip wet was “oh my goodness ees charmander!”
    -insert facepalm-

54. hon glad says:

Well Miss Tallulah, your just a skinny old broad, towel boys has no designs on you.

55. What kind of cat is that? It’s adorable!

56. I think my kitty would like some seafood for dinner…

57. miltoncat says:

Leeezard!

58. (her name is Toast, by the way…) … Yes, i fear she will be living up to her name if Neko gets his hands on her. Good name for a cat by the way, japanese for cat, i believe.

59. Bearded Dragon? Looks like something from genus Sceloporus.
    As kids we’d go out on the desert and capture the local Sagebrush and Western Fence (S. Graciosus and Occidentalis spp.) and feed them up for a few months before letting them go again. My brother had one on his hand one time and a glass of soda in the other and the silly lizard decided to leap– straight into the glass of pop. Had to wash him off. One unhappy lizard…

60. Josh N. says:

cute dragon :)

61. Trabb's Boy says:

Patito Gigante — that is the most deeeelicious pasickie I have ever seen! Nom, nom, nom!

62. Toast! Yeah, Toast!

63. HAH! I had a dragon named Zippo and i thought it was strange that he liked baths in the sink! Some bearded dragons hate water, but he actually would go swimming in my parents’ pond and play in the sprinkler in the backyard. He really liked baths, especially to, uh help him go to the bathroom and shed.

64. chanpon says:

Neko: “Looks crunchy.” Hahaha…I keed, I keed.

65. william hunt: that is Pogona vitticeps

66. eternalcanadian says:

rofl! the cat watching the lizard having a bath. lol. too funny!

67. I love cats!!! and I love your blog too

68. Oh my goodness this picture is so funny and so cute all at the same time. I just love the look on the lizard’s face “haha i am relaxing and you are standing there hovering over me. this is the life”

69. Yay! He’s still here!

I can’t believe how much this liz has charmed me. Please can we have a Toast(er)day? Pleeeeze!

70. Paaaaaasickie!

(That guy’s genus is phrynosoma. No, the legs aren’t as meaty as Toast’s species. But if you google “baby horny toad” images, your head will explode. And there’s plenty of meat in there to go around, don’t you think?)

71. brandorf says:

@William Hunt

Bearded Dragons are Pogona Vitticeps, from the Inland and costal regions of Austrailia. I have one, mis-named Orson (Though it’s a she). They are great fun, though they can become spoiled little brats. They can be surprisingly cute for a reptile, especially when they are younger.

72. Soooo cute!!! lol. I love the way the cat is just so curious! Not even a bit afraid! KEEEEEWT!

73. i loooooooooooove baby horned lizards! we have two at the Audubon zoo, and they are such little brats. I completely lose all of my credibility when I go in the same room as them, because all I can say is “AWW wOOK AT THE WITTLE CHUBBY BABIES!!!”