Cheer Up

cheer biz gain bold duz era dash surf wisk fab arm & hammer bonus rinso bounce

Sure, you were feeling Bold, so you went for a Dash in the Surf.

Be gentle (cycle) with me; it's my first Tide.

Eliot G.

Comments

1. nicely done, ntm!

2. The dog says” Please not another bath”

3. TShout out the error of your ways puppy as you whisk away all the mud.

4. photogirl says:

Oh Cheer up pup.
    Go out and play in the Sunlight!

5. Dear NTMTOM,

Puns are not funny. But you don’t have to take my word for it: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/opinion/28Tartakovsky.html?ref=opinion

6. The bun is the lowest form of wheat.

7. 260Oakley says:

(dryer) Sheet happens.

Signed,

a glutton for PUNishment

8. I want to Snuggle that pup. Sorry, that’s All I could think of.

9. superboymom says:

Very punny! I LUV it!

10. Puns are the best form of communication intended or on accident.
    I myself am usually an accidental drive by punner but I do love trying to think them up it is good mental exercise.

11. Christine says:

I’m giving you a “Shout” out for all the puns!!!

12. Mary (the first) says:

That poor pup has a sheepish look on his face.. like he’s been sent to sit in the corner for being bad.
    As for the puns, I’m not really familiar enough with laundry product names to join in but kudos to the rest of you!

13. CoffeeCup says:

I’d race to do the laundry if there was a chance I’d find this pup!

14. @bev: I see what you did there. ;-)

15. CoffeeCup says:

I think this pup gave his All to do the laundry.

16. bijaydi says:

Hmm… nope, still not funny. :) But I realize I sound like a hater leaving a comment like that without further comment. I love and subscribe to Cute Overload; puns are evil. Take notes from Meg’s posts, please! They’re the real funny, and the reason I subscribed in the first place.

17. catloveschanel says:

I’m certain that lil’ doggie will Perk Up & get a Bounce in his step when he gets to the dryer.

(you out-duzzed yourself ntmtom)

18. Bravo, NTMTOM.

You’ve really got the ABCs of detergent pun down pat.

19. *groan* Look at what you started Mike!

Seriously, that boy needs boxhab stat.

20. beezlebub says:

I just love it when people come on this website and presume to tell Meg, NTMTOM or Theo how they should run it and what they should post.

21. metsakins says:

that puppers looks soft and Downey to me.

This Cascade of puns is terrible.

22. Word. The caption! I am seriously impressed!

23. AuntieMame says:

Me, too, Bryn. Mostly that a guy knows that many names of detergent. :)

24. Paunchie says:

grooooooaaaaan

25. Miss Tara says:

Looks as if you got just about ALL the good detergent puns. Apparently you & I both grew up in an ERA when puns were appreciated. CHEERs!

26. Does anyone know what kind of dog this fella is? He’d be perfect to Snuggle with my laundry!

27. Desdemona says:

@Mary(the first) — assuming by your name that you are female, your comment that you don’t know enough names of laundry products, and thinking about laundry as one my least favorite chores, I have only one thing to say: Can I have your life, — please?

28. catloveschanel says:

A little club soda will get that right out.

29. Alice Shortcake says:

Aww…I’d be so much more keen on housework if I had one of those to help me.

As for puns – they were good enough for Shakespeare and James Joyce and, by God, they’re good enough for me!

30. Theresa says:

Q: Why do Eskimos wash in Tide?
    A: Because it’s too cold out-Tide!

(Joke my dad cracked me up with when I was four)

31. E Z Reader says:

NTM, love that DRY humour! Hang in, or out on the line…

32. “[...] Like they say — no pain, no Gain.”

Aren’t we all related to someone who’s EXACTLY like this?

33. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Puns are really okay, really.

34. Theresa says:

JT, yes, yes, we are. The question is do rebel or embrace it? Ahh, acceptance.

35. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Don’t tempt NTMTOM to come up with more laundry puns. I’m sure he’s got LOADS of them & can crank ‘em out until you dye.

36. dawgpup says:

cute dog! but hes giving you the please get me out of here look…

37. @Keeno:

He’s my little guy. His name is Atticus, and when I adopted him, I was told he was a Schnauzer-Shih Tzu mix, but everyone has a different opinion. I’m pretty sure he’s Schnauzer-Havanese.

And, for the record, he LOVES snuggles!

38. Just keep him away from those harsh detergents with their noxious fumes and harmful chemicals. Go green, people, if not for you then for your pets. Sorry to lecture, but I’ve had personal experience with this.

On another note that doggie is so prey-shus!

39. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

Someone got there 1st… http://www.americanpoems.com/poets/Randall-Jarrell/2989

H.e., I much prefer NOMTOM’s poetic skillz over Jarrell’s! Ehn!

40. Mary (the first) says:

@Desdemona, I do plenty of laundry but seem to be sensitive to many detergents so I just stick with Tide which I know is ok .. and don’t even look at the others. That’s all I meant to imply.. ignorance of names, not of detergents/laundry. But thanks for the thought, no one who actually knows me would ask for my life, I think! :)

41. I LOVE this dog! Atticus is the coolest, most adorable dog I have ever encountered. You need to post pictures of him in his little outfits (particularly the owl sweater). I never knew a dog that could be so chill! SO jealous!

42. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:
  43. Raemie L. :D says:

Enuff to make me scream ‘n Shout and deter(gent) the dog from foaming at the mouth.

44. Gail (the first one) says:

No doubt this little guy will be back to being a Dynamo of energy when he’s done with the laundry!!!

45. Golly GEe, KenMore puns be possible? I MayTag this on my blog.

46. Puns sweet puns

Blows Keeses to Nomtom and all the punny peeps.

47. omgggggg atticus looks so adorable!!! I’m currently seizing and having a cute overload!!!

48. All of these puns have sent me aDREFT.

49. Hon Glad says:

I hear a soundtrack of Persil, playing over this post.

50. librariorama says:

I really thought this was a guinea pig.

51. snorglepup says:

Make sure you wash him on the gentle cycle.

52. His eyes and his lower jaw….[*splode]

53. @Eliot – Isn’t that the joy of having a mixed breed dog? EVERYONE knows EXACTLY what he is.

I had a big, double-coated doggie who had distinct black and tan markings. Collie? Shepard? Husky? Lab? Yes.

But total strangers saw everything from Doberman to Dalmation (well, not really.) I just saw a big smiling guy with a penchant for digging in the yard.

54. @Mary (the 1st), my dermatologist says Tide is the WORST thing you can wash your clothes in. We all have sensitive skin and use All Free and Clear. I’ve never had a problem since switching over.

Also, as a shout out to the Go Greeners…I see there was a Method to NOMTOM’s madness. :oD

55. PS. That is a REALLY cute doggie!!!

56. Eliot, I’m so glad you mentioned that he’s a mix! My mom has a “cockapoo”, Andy, that looks just like this! She refuses to listen but I’m pretty sure they lied to her about what he is…

57. All these lines have gotten me agitated. Oh, hang it! I guess I just like a dryer kind of humour.

58. Laura S. says:

Kudos NTMTOM!

59. temperance says:

i’d like to ecos the others here on the green products- i’m sure my granny mrs. meyers would approve. i’d say that pup is a seventh generation of the breed ‘cutie pie’. do you think he’s a california baby? i can just see him running through the mountain green fields…

(dang! those ‘green’ products are really hard to pun with.)

60. scooterpants says:

iz a ‘seventh generation’ laundry man.
    uh huh, punz are too funny.

61. scooterpants says:

oops, sorry temperance, didnt see that you had made the attempt directly above. my bad.
    that’s ok it doesnt really clean very well anyway. :)

62. It looks like he has some wirehaired dachshund in him. Either way he’s awfully prosh…

63. Here is a pic of Atticus in the aforementioned Owl Sweater. The best dog ever!

64. @Eliot
    Thanks for the intel! And Atticus is probably among the best dog names EVER!

65. YEY LOVE him in that sweater.. so cute!

66. What a cutie pie in his sweater!!!!

67. berthaservant says:

I came too late to this pun party. (No there is no pun in that sentence, it just sounds funny…pun party).

Well done, NTMTOM. As per uzh.

68. brighterdays says:

outside the scope of the puns, but as a supporter to the greeners – stay away from detergents, none of them are anything but detergents. Tide included. Use soap. go green. Read the labels. If it contains phospates or warnings of any kind, it will go back into you groundwater, and end up back into, yea, your ground. So better not put it there in the first place. Use environmentally safe products that are inert. It’ll be safer for you, your pets will adore you for it as their skin won’t itch, their coat will shine, and slowly the air around us will become cleaner. Sorry, had to say it. I hate the detergent pics and feel strongly so have to voice it. the puns are funny, but the detergents and what they do in the long run are not so funny. Ask why you need fabric softner. We didn’t used to need it. Towels can be soft without it if they are washed with soap instead of detergent. If you don’t understand the differene between the two, research it. Soap is made from soda ash and lye and detergents from byproducts of petroleum. One is inert and acts differently on the surface of a textile fabric. The other roughs it of. We need another chemical product, a “softening agent” to counter the detergent”.

Read the back of that tide bottle and then think about how much of that petroleum byproduct ends up in the water table and has to be filtered out during water treatment. Then ask yourself where all that crap they filter out ends up? Do you know? Would you want to live where they put it?

69. christi luvs pixie says:

Your puppy is an amazing spitting image of my 1 yr old rescued dog Pixie! We’ve been trying to figure out what she is for months – we’re thinking she’s a Tibetan Terrier – in case you want one more breed to add to your list! Atticus, meet your twin sister: http://picasaweb.google.com/puddlejump/PixieDogAndBjornKitty#5301559404939479874