Casablanca, Penguin Version

Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Betsy B.

Comments

1. Hon Glad says:

Like Websters Dictionary were Morrocco bound.

2. “Of all the icebergs, in all the towns, in all the world, she slides onto mine.”

3. Waacka waacka waacka. The sound of NTMTOM’s brain working. ;-) (I say this with great affection and appreciation.)

4. Von Zeppelin says:

“I came here for the waters.”

“Waters? This is the ice continent of Antarctica!”

“I was misinformed.”

5. Hon Glad– Pattycake pattycake baker’s man!!

6. Round up the usual suspects! :P

7. Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
    Rick: I’m a drunkard. …

8. Penguinlover says:

Oh Oh, coming to a fork in the road dear-which way do we go? “Take the road less traveled I say”.
    True love at its best!

9. catloveschanel says:

Now that’s just wacky!

Wait a minute …. is Ingrid Bergman in a nun outfit or a tux?

10. Gail (the first one) says:

@Nancy: And that makes Rick a citizen of the world!

11. This reminds me of another movie – The last scene of “Wuthering Heights” with Cathy and Heathcliff reunited and climbing the moors once more. Heathcliff!

12. lady ann says:

The line is, “I think this is the beginning of a beauiful friendship.”

13. You must remember this,
    A fish is just a fish,
    A squid is just a squid,
    on this you can rely.

Come on! You all know the words. Sing along!

14. ezreader says:

NTMTOM -you are a genius! Yahoo for you…and for the great comments also. Enlivening a dull day at the desk.

15. AWWWWWWWW.

16. I am shocked, shocked! To find there is gambling going on here!

17. PS Captain Renault rocks!

18. Refresshing!!
    Beautiful!!
    Thank You!
    Any chance you can find that Red Panda pic?

19. “If that iceberg leaves and your not on it, you’ll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.”

20. Whoops, gramatical error. Should be “you’re not on it”. Hey that’s why I majored in Psychology. Now if you want to talk about the fact that you’re hearing penquins talk….

21. I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore black and white.

22. “I’m shocked, SHOCKED to find fish eating going on here!”

“Your herring, Sir”

“Oh thank you very much.”

23. I loev this! So romantic!

As soon as I saw the “translation” I KNEW it was NOMTOM! :D

24. Von Zeppelin says:

Distraught penguin orchestra leader: “The Ross Ice Shelf has fallen!”

(Hateful fascist penguins rise and begin to sing “Die Wacht am Rhein.”)

(Brave freedom fighter penguin cues the orchestra. Democracy-loving penguins all sing loudly:)
    “Puttin’ on my top hat, tyin’ up my white tie, brushin’ off my tails. . .”

25. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

“Remember, we’ll always have the West Antarctic Ice Sheet.”

26. **KRAKK!**

“…OK, the West Antarctic Iceberg.”

27. Alright, who’s up for a bunny version? In a very short period of time?

And Gizmo, I’m totally singing with you! In penguin!
    “Waak Waak WaaWaaWaaWaak,
    Waak Waak WaaWaaWaaWaak,
    Waak WAAK Waak WAAK WaaWAAK!”

28. Favorite picture on CO, lately. :)

29. Plaid-Shirt Pyrate says:

… still laughing at Von Zeppelin’s brilliant redux of the musical confrontation scene.

Gad I love this group!

30. berthaservant says:

Believe it or not, the part of Rick was originally intended for Ronald Penguin, who later became our 40th Emperor.

31. Von Zeppelin says:

Hollywood rumor has always said that another, alternate ending was filmed, in which Rick flew off with Ilsa. This is impossible, of course, since penguins can’t fly.

32. duck au vin says:

Von Zeppelin, this is your
    post! I have had so much fun reading all your comments. Von Z and NTMTOM…just brilliant, guys.

33. OK, let’s see: we have an awesome pic, an even more awesome caption and the most hilarious string of CO comments, um, ever. thank you all for the giggles

34. that’s some dirty snow! for a minute I thought they were Morocco, and was wondering why are two penguins wandering in sand dunes?

35. gooeycenter says:

Wack: “You still owe me ten thousand fish.”

Wacky: “And that ten thousand fish should be enough to pay our expenses!”

36. The look like they are going off to find Aughra, to learn the secret of the Dark Crystal.

37. Now me, I immediately think of Stargate Atlantis fanfiction. For some reason, there is a popular subgenre in the fandom of stories where characters (usually Sheppard and McKay) get turned into penguins. Mostly Adelie penguins.

38. ThreeCatNight says:

“I think this could be the beginning of a slippery friendship.”

39. If ever oh ever a whiz there was….

40. Starring Ingrid Icebergman and Humboldt Bogart

41. RobAGabor says:

I don’t mind a sea lion. I object to a cut-rate one.

42. Strangely cuter than the movie with that near fin touch.

43. That’s what penguins do instead of the fist-bump.
    My guess, anyway.