Greg Rutter’s Definitive List of The 99 Things You Should Have Already Experienced On The Internet Unless You’re a Loser or Old or Something

We’re #27!

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

Yay! I’m not an old loser after all…?!!

2. Congratulations! But Meg, I personally think you should have ranked higher than mentos and diet coke!

3. I run my own company (or I just live under a rock) haha

4. Well, other than this site and a couple of other things, I’ve never heard of these things. Since I’m not old, I guess I must be a loser.

Meh.

5. WickedWendy says:

Don’t worry Elena, I’m not old either and I only knew about 10 of them. We can be losers together!

6. That’s a relief. I was a bit worried about being a loser alone.

7. Mary (the first) says:

Who is Greg Rutter and why do I care what he thinks? (And if he doesn’t have C.O. as number one, what is wrong with him??)

8. momof2kittiesandapuppeh says:

I’m disappointed that Moskau didn’t make the list. Everyone knows porcelain is the surest plan!

Congrats to CO!!!!!!!!!!

9. Well, it says “in no particular order” under the title, so I guess CO tied for #1 with 98 other things

10. YAY!

11. i’m surprised by the omission of “engineer’s guide to cats” from this good tho arbitrary list. i’m NOT surprised by the inclusion of TEH C.O., so they must be doing something right! ;)

12. Does it mean I’m old if I think that most of these videos, while interesting, go on for about two or three minutes longer than they really need to?

13. “Daft Hands” (#90) was funny, but there’s a much better use of Daft Punk’s “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” in this video, at least I think so:

14. For the person who asked, Greg Rutter is best known as a former Jeopardy champion who won their Ultimate Tournament of Champions (defeating Ken Jennings and another top player in the finals), which made him the biggest winner in Jeopardy, and second biggest in any game show.

15. Am I the only one who was EXTREMELY uncomfortable with the NSFW links at the very bottom of that list? Meep.

16. kibblenibble says:

Poshcat: Me, too, but at least they are tinier and therefore can be ignored if you wanna.

17. tracyflick says:

If this is the Greg Rutter I used to work with in advertising in New York, and I do believe it is, I am high-fiving you from LA. I knew all your internet searching would make you famous one day. Xoxoxo. Sunita.

18. I can’t believe that they didn’t include the classic “Viking Kittens”

19. Hon Glad says:

Well Greg Rutter, I have never heard of you.

20. 90% of the things on that list are godawful

21. Second and third the people that wonder where Weebl is. I mean, the Badger song, how could he miss that out? Good meme list though.

22. Well, I guess CO and one or two other links make up for this person’s apparent lack of taste… There. I’ve used up my harrumphing quota for today.

23. snorglepup says:

OK. I’m old.
    Love Charlie the Unicorn though.

24. Meep is right, Poshcat! Whatever you do, do not watch 2 girls, 1 cup.

25. I don’t spend much time on youtube. Does that make me a loser??? I THINK NOT! HMPH!

26. Well, now that I’ve caught up on the ones I had previously missed, I am no longer old and/or a loser. How cool is that? (Not nearly as cool as the best wedding toast ever, matrix ping pong, or the treadmill dance. But I’ll take it.)

27. Mary (the first) says:

I’m happy to say I don’t spend my days cruising YouTube looking for something to watch. If that makes me a loser, great. (Only time can make me old, and I hope it does, since the alternative is ..well .. you know.)

28. Anna in PDX says:

Yeah, there is other stuff on the Intertubes besides YouTube for god’s sake. What about XKCD, not even on there, and he is responsible for a goodly percentage of internet memes all by himself. Or “we are aware of all internet traditions.” Or Godwin’s Law. Or….

But at least CO was on there.

29. Fair warning (I wish I’d gotten one): Do not visit this list if you are a sensitive person. I visited this list of 99 things, and the first on the list (Grape Lady Falls) deeply disturbed me. I can’t fathom how people can get enjoyment from watching someone suffer in pain.

[Actually, I'm with you 100% on that one. Yikes. - Ed.]

30. You MUST watch Best Wedding Toast Ever! Make sure you have nine minutes to do it. Dear, sweet and memorable for those qualities only.

Anner, Theresa, totallee puppy, Berthaservant and all others who are singly-inclined, you must watch!

31. This list is no great shakes, C.O.’s inclusion notwithstanding.

Two things that should be pointed out:

It states at the top that the list is in no particular order which would make CO’s 27th rank irrelevant. (Would it be post-worthy if CO were, say, number 100?)

Secondly, for the non-internet weblingo savvy among us NSFW means ‘not safe for work’. Given the truly repulsive nature of the links Mr. Rutter chose to include in the ‘NSFW bonus’ section it should be understood to mean, ‘not suitable for anyone!’

In all honesty, I’m a little disappointed to find this list posted here.

C.O. is where I come to get away from stuff like this.

32. Some of these are disturbing. See number 96. Child is freaked out, and whoever is filming, presumably a parent, keeps filming, presumably because he/she finds it enjoyable. That looks like psychological abuse to me.