( Sung to the tune of "The Addams Family" theme song )

♫ In Spring, the snows’ll thaw out / Then all the creatures draw out
♫ And soon you’ll see a paw out / The raccoon in the floor.

♫ He’s hunting for some kibble / To nosh and have a nibble,
♫ But only gets a dribble / The raccoon in the floor.

Comments

1. oh! i WANT!

2. horror meets cute! AAAH, funny though!

3. Squirrel? That was no squirrel giggling at the end…

4. that was definitely something from a weird indie horror movie!

5. momof2kittiesandapuppeh says:

HAHAHAHA!!! That’s hilarious! Creepy, but hilarious. Bravo to whoever thought to film that!

6. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Racoonzle!

Omg hide me I’m scared.
    (not rly tho. lurve the thumb. LURVE IT!)

7. hi-larious.

living in an urban environment, i can testify that raccoons are the supreme opportunists when it comes to food. a lot of energy is spent trying to protect compost bins from their clever and determined little fingers.

8. i dont even wanna know what is that lol

9. Hilariouslycreepyoverload.com!!!

10. LOL(said in siskel/ebert voice) Two Paws up for this thrilling drama of the poor starving coon overcoming adversity and using his amazing agility to get a few tidbits to stave off his nawing hunger. And once again Rocky Racoon has hit a home run as the finest actor to ever hit the stage and screen… A must see epic the whole family can enjoy!

11. Poohbear says:

Heeeee !!! Keeble ! Gimme !!!

12. *snort* Don’t we have a “weird” category on here by now?

13. Ink Asylum says:

Watching it without sound first makes it a lot creepier.

14. Funny but still kind of creepy.

15. Hon Glad says:

Jeez, I think I’d pee myself if that hand appeared through my floor boards. It has an almost human look.

16. LMAO!! “Thank you, Thing!”

17. That. Was. Terrifying. I HATE RACCOONS! They are demons. No, really.

18. I know raccoons are a menace, but I love listening to the babies in the spring. We have a big maple in the backyard that split and grew in two directions about 80 years ago (no, i wasn’t here to see it) and in the spring/early summer the mama raccoons bring their babies out and leave them in the tree while they are hunting for food. So they chatter at each other and scold the cats who sit around the base but have learned not to climb because mama is never that far away.

19. Amazing! We have a Halloween candy bowl in the office that works JUST LIKE THIS.

20. Chinchillazilla says:

Both creepy and adorable.

21. apotheosis says:

Raccoons are evil, but they’re cute evil. So it’s okay.

22. GingerBean says:

If I didn’t know that was a raccoon before I saw it it would have freaked me out. Knowing it is a raccoon, however, makes it cute! Funny how that works ;)

23. I'm just sayin' says:

I’d rather watch this than any amount of Winston or Winston-san.

24. It’s like a hungry golem o_o;;

25. Poohbear says:

THING !!!

Did anyone else have one of these as a kid ? Hours of creepy fun…

26. Dammit, where did I put that Nuff-B-Gon?

27. katiedid says:

so thats what’s under the bed at night.. humm.. not as scary as I thought….

28. Auntie Meme says:

With those clever paws, what’s stopping raccoons from driving? This one probably has a Barbie car parked in the woods.

29. its no creepier than winston or winston-san, lol.

30. Made me laugh. I always liked raccoons, even if they do have a bad reputation.

31. reminds me of those movement-activated candy bowls with the hand that they sell at halloween, kwim?

i wonder how this raccoon activity came about – how/why/what/where!!???

32. This reminds me of a story I read about a guy who was not familiar with raccoon tenacity after he bought a house in the woods. After the first mistake of feeding one, he was subjected to the horror movie nightmare of little raccoon paws reaching into every orifice of his house in search of food, even thru the heating grate in the bathroom next to his toilet…can you imagine? LOL!

33. fish eye no miko says:

Ink Asylum said: “Watching it without sound first makes it a lot creepier.”

Heck, even if you watch it with sound, then watch it again without sound, it’s kinda creepy… O_O

34. Took me a moment or two to realize that the hand is not a human hand.

35. Ooh this gives me the willies!

36. Lerrinus says:

Nice work, I really gotta *hand* it to you NTMTOM! ;-)

37. Argyle Donkeypants says:

@Robin: Which willies? Nelson? Winky? Wonka? Loman?

Next night: Tiny periscope pops up through the hole and does a 360 before disappearing. Creepy ‘coon hand reaches up and goes straight for the kibble. (Or were those Froot Loops?)

38. Von Zeppelin says:

How the heck did the raccoon even know the kibble was there in the first place? Smelled it? Heard it being spread around? Had a spy in the building? Used a little periscope?

39. holligans says:

Yay opposable thumbs!!!

My Basenji is sooo close to achieving this level of dexterity…

40. Von Zep: SMELLESCOPE.

41. So I went cruising through the related videos on You Tube and found this one which is pretty funny too. The raccoons are cute and chubby chasing after the laser pointer. Plus there is a drive by kitty tail!

42. Jimbeaux says:

Vaguely creepy, although I’m biased: When I was 9, our next-door neighbor shot a racoon that had come up on our doorstep. One second later and I would’ve been opening the door to a body full of bucksot!

43. Raccoons are teh awesome! So cute and so amazingly smart and resourceful. We had two babies saunter into our garage once when I eating crackers. They find food wherever it is.

It looks to me like someone put that food there for the raccoon, in which case I hope they don’t end up like the guy in Gwenny’s story…

44. Raccoons aren’t the menace – we are, btw.

For some reason I thought it looked like a zombie hand! I consider myself reasonably knowledgeable about most things wildlife, but if I saw this for the first time at nite by myself, I know I would scream hideously. Creepy/cute is the best!

45. Von Zeppelin says:

Theo–So, the raccoon is down under the floorboards, wearing his white U-Boat commander’s cap (with the bill pointing backwards), and orders, “Smelleskop!” The instrument rises from the lower deck, he snaps down the handles, and puts his nose in the nosepiece, while a raccoon snout projects from the top of the scope. A quick sweep of the horizon, the target kibble is spotted, and the scope retracts. Then out comes the hand.

[Sounds about right, yeah. Option the movie rights? – Ed.]

46. Allie Catt says:

Am i cruel because i would have grabbed that paw for a moment – just to give the little fella a scare? ;0)

47. Raccoons are sneaky! At the family cabin, we have a doggie door for all the dogs… one night, a six pack of beer was halfway dragged through the dog door with what looked like raccoon scratch marks on the wood floor… we think the raccoon stole beer!

48. kibblenibble says:

The video is so creepy/funny, the comments make it even better…love CO!

49. I think raccoons are cute (although this one made me go “eeek!hahahaha!eeek!hahahaha!”), but I’m still puzzled by the fact that they were in the 101 (or was that 102?) Dalmations film, even though that’s set in England, and they don’t have raccoons in England.

50. not cute. alas. once you’ve had raccoons break into your house in search of cat food (and find it, and eat it, and refuse to leave despite you throwing things at them), they become monster bandits of hell. i think of them like that old urban legend about the hook scratch..scratch…scratching on the roof of the car. someday, i KNOW a raccoon will just scratch through into my kitchen.

51. heh, people just don’t like racoons because they’re smarter than us, and will rub our noses in it every chance they get :P

this one’s already got her human trained to leave kibble where she can reach it through the deck. next she’ll be training it which brand she prefers :P

52. cobratoes says:

This is just silly….I <3 eeet!

53. Kind of creepy. In general I avoid videos with appendages through …

Never mind. I kind of wonder at the kitty’s reaction to her food being scooped up by a mysterious hand.

54. eikoleigh says:

OMFG! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!

55. Subhangi says:

It’s the REAL THING! ;)

And I have that song stuck in my head now. Thankyouverymuch.

56. Quite a skeletal-looking hand but cute since we know what it’s actually attached to.

57. LOL!!! Needs music put to it! :D

58. People only hate raccoons because the raccoons are obviously smarter than they are.
    There are ways to protect yourselves from unwanted wild visitors. Do some research and make some effort and learn to live in peace with wildlife. People make it so easy for them, with their sloppy ways, and then complain about it.
    Remember, we’re the ones encroaching on their property, not the other way around.

59. At first I was like eeeeek! but then I lol’d. Super cute. :)

60. Linda H. says:

What the . . .

61. OMG! He’s so clever! How did he know there would be food in that hole?? ^_^

62. Adams family parody FTW :)

63. Gah! Mike, you’ve got Nosferatu living under your porch!

64. What. The. Hell.

65. They should be careful. My parents had a family of raccoons living under their house, and then it got into a fight with a skunk down there. ‘Nuff said! But cute, though!

66. Bamboo_rose says:

I don’t care how cute that is
    I would scream at it until it went away
    D:

67. Raccoons scare me!! [Even more than this. Without the description, I would be convinced this leetle hand belongs to a gremlin of some type.] I was camping once and I got out of the tent in the middle of the night, swung my flashlight beam around and there was a raccoon ten feet away from me that was, I swear to you, the size of an eight-year-old boy. And they don’t go away if you make noise!! T_T Creepy.
    But the Addams Family reference makes me happy =] Yay for the 60s TV show.

68. earlybird1 says:

EWWWWW! Creepy, not cute! Oh why did I watch this right before I go to bed? WHY??!

69. Cute :3