Post bath daze featuring… WINSTON-SAN

The Japanese Winston is giving us an unblinking, creepy staring post-bath haze! Enjoy!

“Japanese Winston” discovered by alert reader Josh N.!

Comments

1. This cat-bathing trend really must stop. This poor kitty looks traumatized.

2. OMG the poor thing is in shock!

=-O

3. You do know that you shouldn’t bathe Mogwais, it’s dangerous.

4. OH GOD I CAN SEE FOREVER

5. Carolina says:

This kitty and Winston remind me of Muppets. Oscar the Grouch with pointy ears. I love the big blue eyes.

6. I know that look! That’s the look of a cat waiting for the right moment to bolt. All he needs is for his owner to loosen their grip ever so slightly…

7. oh dear. he is beyond pissed off.

8. maralisil says:

“Gods, this day just keeps getting worse!”

9. scooterpants says:

ah poor pissed off kitteh.
    mom is lucky she still has eye balls / skin / in-tact nostrils.
    “i shall keel you later in your sleep”

10. Hon Glad says:

Winston San. “Oh, the indignity, I must plot revenge”

11. I’m not taking a stand on the washing of cat. But our new friend seems ‘special’.

Not casting aspersions, or, or, oh, I can’t do it. Somebody else has to do that pun. Have at it Peeps!

12. My God, it’s full of stars!

13. The video with him and the stuffed seal is the BEST.

14. My kitties look the same way after a bath, like they’re contemplating the meaning of life. Or how to kill me in my sleep, one of the two.

15. “the horror….the horror!”

16. balamuthia says:

Oh man, I thought he was going to do a flying arm attack when he leapt from the towel!

17. He has the unblinking gaze of “Spaghetti Cat.”

18. Definitely in shock – he’s thinking “I can’t believe you did this to me – and then filmed it! I shall keel you slowly!”

19. Thanks for these links to beautiful Tomo. He reminds me of my beloved Tashi, a flame-point Himmie who died seven years ago. I still miss him. (My mom used to call him “Winston!”)

20. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Is this cat brain-dead? comatose? drugged? beyond mellow? I need to know.

21. If that cat was any more laid back, he’d be a sloth.

22. hahaha he’s fine. Crabby and stoned looking but he’s fine LOL

23. Wow, Tomo actually has EYES!! (And what lovely eyes they are.)

If he was my behbeh, I’d give him baths, too, just too see those peepers.

24. HE so looks like Brain in this video now all he needs is a pinky.

25. My persians stare at me like this when I try to bathe them, cut their nails or comb out a mat – it’s pathetic, guilt-inducing and hypnotic at the same time.

26. He’s cat-atonic! :P

27. temperance says:

really? is no one going to say he looks ‘catatonic?!

28. kibblenibble says:

BEEEEG EYEZ!!! O.O

29. temperance says:

well, rika- guess you beat me to it by a couple minutes…

30. Hard not to notice his gorgeous eyes when they’re so stoned looking like that. Like he’s looking into the after-life.

31. michelle says:

He has the same look people have when their house burns down.

32. oneeyeddaruma says:

He looks like a Jim Henson creation.

33. MediocreDeity says:

It’s always been my understanding that cats come with built-in baths called tongues.

34. What has been seen… cannot be unseen.

That being said… hehehehe!!! Back foot twitch of indigniteh!

35. starling says:

The problem is, that people bred cats in such a way that a tongue bath is no longer enough, and evolution is unlikely to catch up.

*ponders cats with really big tongues*

36. Oh, the plotinks that are going on inside that kitteh’s head. Will it be poop in your shoe? A face-slashing while you sleep? Whatever it is, it will come when you least expect it!

37. berthaservant says:

I’m just gonna say this and it’s going to be controversial:

Winston is the the American Tomo. We should call Winston “Mr. Tomo.”

38. But Mr. Tomo is already my cat. ‘Tis true.

39. katiedid says:

some would say he’s in a “catatonic state?”

40. Dexter Fishmore says:

Winston-san banishes kibble to the land of wind and ghosts.

41. NOT cute. Sad. Cats never need to be bathed. Ever. People can be so mean.

42. Ohh, somebody woke him from his nap and he’s confused. He wants to go sleepies again.

Also, did you see the one where he is next to a baby seal stuffed animal and they’re matchinks? Too cute!

43. Rofl… poor kitty still thinks he needs to be in his happy place :P

44. And Erica…. you have absolutely NO idea what you’re talking about.
    Yes some cats actually DO need to have a bath b/c they just can’t clean themselves properly.
    Nuffing on this is just sad….

45. PTSD, awww

46. The look in his eyes says one thing.

HATE

47. Eric….my cat requires occassional bathing, as per my vet. Would you like to have a conversation with my vet? I could arrange it. You’d get a sorely needed education on the subject of cat bathing.

48. my cat gives the evil eyes and yells at the top of his lungs but he gets over it soon its only twice a year and hey cats do need baths! you can look it up ‘grooming’ is more of a pleasing habit not for them to clean themselves.

49. Just because cats can clean themselves with their tounge it doesn’t make them smell any better. Nobody likes a smelly cat.

50. 猫はシヤンプ好きじゃない。

51. Vampy, my vet would back you up, since I’ve always bathed my cats on occasion with my vets’ approvals. Shampooing in flea/tick shampoo was recommended when I first rescued them, and ongoing, it helps keep my allergies at bay. I think better than a life on the street, no? The vets and I seem to think so.

でも、私の猫はヤンプーが大好きです。
    我的小貓很喜歡洗澡.

52. I’m not sure if that cat’s horribly traumatized, or intently plotting his revenge.

My guess is that you’re going to want to check the sheets before you go to bed tonight. And your shoes in the morning, and the fresh towels in the linen closet, and the potted plant in the living room…

53. Chanpon, your cat is weird ;P
    You won’t tell anyone I misspelled “shampoo”, right?

54. Megan Beecher says:

He refuses to meet the bather’s gaze!

55. AuntieMame says:

He’s measuring the distance from his claws to his bather’s eyeballs, and weighing up whether it’s worth the effort to make a swipe. Ultimately, he decides not. Lucky for his owner…

Dun dun dun…

56. Subhangi says:

Now that’s what I call a catatonic state.

57. I LOFF him!! *Slightly* less than regular Winston though.

58. LOL! He looks totally traumatised. *giggles*

59. I has a simmering ANGREE. I gichu latr.

60. Starling makes a good point. This kitty has such long fur he prolly does need a baff sometimes. My vet is vehemently against them for my cats, but they are both shorthairs.

I apologize for my original comment.

61. Paunchie says:

kitteh is freakin me out man

62. @Patito – so did I! I lost my “sh” somewhere in the typing (which is why I hate typing in Japanese or Chinese – my eyes tire out in 5 seconds).

My cats are weird – true that.

63. IT CAN SEE FOREVER

64. The Japanese, they know their creepy.