Hmm, An Amusing Vintage…

"… full-bodied, with subtle overtones of strawberry and a charming effervescence that tickles the senses.  A worthy accompaniment to an appetizer of mild cheeses covered in ants, or perhaps a spinach and arugula salad with a rosemary and basil vinaigrette dressing covered in ants — well, just about anything covered in ants, really."

(PS:  That’s not wine, but apple/cranberry juice, according to the notes at YouTube.)

Comments

1. nose!

2. carnegie says:

LOL what a super-bleeny snout!

I thought you were meant to sniff the wine to get a feel for the nose!

3. Oh God! It’s tooo beautiful! I love the nosicle wipes.

4. Hee. Slow down there Mister or you’ll get a SaWI (snorting ants while intoxicated)!

5. Whoa… who has an anteater as a pet??! (shakes head in disbelief) At least they have an in-house exterminator!

6. I always put my juice in goblets or snifters. Doesn’t everybody? Fortunately, neither my nose nor my tongue are that long!

7. Mary (the first) wishing she was named Mel instead says:

I’m glad the video ended before we saw the glass-holder drink any remainder.. but it seems clear this sharing is nothing new.

8. Mary (the first) says:

woops.. kept long name from previous post .. sorry

9. Monkeylina says:

I didn’t know you could keep anteaters as pets??? Anyone else REALLLLLY want one now? Lol!

10. Think about how often an anteater gets to taste something like apple-cranberry juice! The guy’s all like “WOW NOT ANT FLAVOR!”

11. Whoa! Slow down there buddy!

12. biscuithead says:

That’s some really frothy wine!

For more adorability of anteaterness…

I think CO posted some of her pics a zillion years ago.

13. Von Zeppelin says:

He looks kind of snooty, like all these wine snobs.

14. Hehe. I want to see how Pua handles sparkling pear juice in a champagne flute. I mean, she’s just the right shape…

15. biscuithead says:

Oh!
    Didn’t know the video was from Tamanduagirl!
    How cool!
    Her critters are insanely cute.

16. biscuithead says:

@ Theo

Are you saying the champagne flute is ergonomically correct for Pua?
    Form-fitting glassware?!
    That just sounds wrong!

17. Hey, it worked for Cinderella. At least, until midnight.

18. David (the first one) says:

In other words NTMTOM, this is a quaffable hedonistic fruitbomb.

19. Anteaters have always struck me as terrifically dignified creatures. This guy’d look right at home in a tux and a martini don’t you think? (not that I condone the dressing up of animals for our selfish amusement)

20. Oh, come on, a Pilsner glass would have been perfect!

Is that a giant Anteater, with the big, floofy tail?

21. Nope but the pix are a-dorable!

22. thicktortiethintabby says:

Anteaters make me think of Kingdom Hospital. *shudder*

23. An anteater as a pet? How cool is that? Somewhere up there, someone mentioned who this clip belonged to…is it another CO poster?

I want an anteater now, BTW. Have a great day, all!!

24. Argyle Donkeypants says:

I, for one, am shocked that nobody’s come out and nuffed this post into the stratosphere. And I envy the anteater the wicked buzz he’s going to get. *sigh*

25. Argyle Donkeypants says:

Doh! Didn’t read the fine print. I was too busy watching the amazing anteater claws. They remind me of The Penguin.

26. balamuthia says:

@thicktortiethintabby-

Same here! Aaaaagh!

27. GingerBean says:

Teho…you must have missed this on their Flickr page…Pua drinking from a champagne glass

28. Tee-hee, I love how it seems to hate the foam on its nosicle, but still sticks it right back in there.

29. Snorfycakes! I like the Person’s sympathetic comments when Pua doesn’t like the foam on its noseington.

30. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

laplaplaplaplaplaplaplaplaplaplaplap

31. “Did you just ‘Happy New Year’ me? Are you still doing that?”

32. berthaservant says:

“Bartender, there’s no ant in my antini!”

33. WANT!

34. GingerBean —
    !!!!!!!!!!

35. Hmm, full body, BIG NOSE!!

36. Wait, I recognized that anteater. Is that a little scary?

Thats our old friend Pua!

37. apotheosis says:

I’ve kinda wanted an anteater as a pet since the first time I saw the “FU I’M AN ANTEATER” pic.

But that ginormous claw kinda creeps me out.

38. Ha! Ha!

39. The Dutchess of Cupcake says:

Love eet! I need a pet ant-eater.

40. Wow. With a pet like that, you’d save a fortune in Q-tips!

41. Hon Glad says:

Strawberry daquiri,mmmm,

42. Subhangi says:

Hey! It’s Tamanduagirl’s Pua! I remember her well.

43. gravyboat says:

I want an anteater with a cranberry cocktail!

44. ZOT!

45. Bless!!! But who has an ant-eater as a pet???

46. is it just me, or does it seem like anteaters are sloths with their noses and ears all steeeeretched out? also in fast motion.

she’s so proper holding her giant clawed fingers up whilst she drinks. adorable :)

47. Awww, sweetness! How about a dish of termites (like bar peanuts) to go with his drink?

48. Oops I meant “her.” I gather from the comments she is a lady anteater named “Pua”

49. I want to take an anteater into a bar for a cranberry cocktail!!

50. To the person that thinks the anteater looks a bit sloth-like: I think anteaters and sloths are also sort of related. like they both share an ancestor on the evolutionary tree.

Anyway, I’m a huge fan of sloths. And that anteater is pretty cute too.

51. I really really hope that’s not wine. That would be cruel to give an animal and unhealthy!

[If you'd bothered to read, you'd know that it *wasn't*. - Ed.]

52. bucky- me, too. Just tell me where and when.

53. soo cute! :)

54. Very cute. I seem to remember reading somewhere that anteaters aren’t exactly lovable, sociable pets. They’re much more interested in searching out food than hanging around getting their ears scratched. I’m not sure if they’re even able to form what you might call a bond with humans.

55. This was supposed to be “Read the comments before commenting Day” – Oh, well I’ll try again next year! One isn’t so bad!

Yeah, Redbone I read the same thing- maybe it is just “two ships passing in the night” kind of thing.

56. katsnake says:

I remember back when Tamanduagirl was still researching and researching (we’re talking Years) before starting to get ready to bring Pua home. A person this dedicated to making sure everything is done right for their pet is an awesome human bean!
    Fingerpokes to Pua for me.

57. ….to NTMTOM:
    (with all affection, NOT snarkiness)….
    could you be, just a TAD, MORE specific in your description of the beverage’s bouquet??

[just askin' -- w/ luuuv]
    Leslie [smooch]

58. [oops] & could I be just a tad, less prone to doing a clumsy double-posting???

Mea Culpa. Mea Maxima Culpa.

59. NOMTOM, can we give John E. the ‘win’ for “ZOT”? John E., you get my prize for the thread.

60. Sorry, but you’re just asking for trouble by having a drunken anteater around the house. You never nose what they’ll get into.

61. Bamboo_rose says:

I love how in the first 10 seconds it pretty much punches the glass
    loll
    “ooh ooh ooh. tickles your nose.”