Are you saying I’m fat?

I know I’ve gained an extra pound, but a BALLOON WITH MY FACE ON IT!? HARSH!

[claws deploy for popping purposes]

Icarus the kitteh was captured by Scott Pargett Photography who’s also on Flickr.

Comments

1. Marshmallowly Kitty! Mmmmmm!

2. renee in TX says:

Oh I have to do this!! LOL

3. OMG! That’s my Ziggy, ‘cept he has one blue and one green eye. And, yea, he’s kinda…..floofy, and it’s not all hair.

4. Lerrinus says:

What a beautiful kitty! :-)

5. kibblenibble says:

Beeyooteeful white keety! Funny balloon portrait. :o)

6. Re: Dreamspinner C

That’s “your Ziggy”? ;0D
    Whew ! For a minute I thought “my Smuge” sent in a pic of himself !
    (He’s such an attention …who..slu….HOG!)

7. Bummer…the photog’s link is broken. Very funny kitty pic here though.

8. Madame X says:

But it’s PHOTOSHOPPED!!!

There. Someone had to say it.

9. Madame X says:

Beautiful kitty, though…

:D

10. Miss Fluff prepares her submission for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade…

11. kibblenibble says:

Good one, Nik. :oD

12. I am not Fat I am Floofy… Really it is the hair.. What do you mean the scale never lies?

13. lol the kitty looks worried

14. We interrupt this thread with an announcement:

2 devoted C.O. peeps — anner and Katrina — met in person today for the first time! There were a lot of kids playing orchestral music, and a wonderful time was had by all. I’ll be sending in a pic soon!

We now return to your regularly scheduled squee-fest.

15. berthaservant says:

Wow! You people all exist in real life too?

Kitteh + balloon usually = loud noises.

16. Kitty does have his “Do I look amused?” face on.

17. awwwww. kitty looks perfect to me!

18. Anner are you gonna post on VOX????? YAy for you two meeting and yay for a fun time!!!

19. Yup. I’m saying you’re fat, tubby. Nah, just kidding, there’s more of you to love!

20. duck au vin says:

Let’s fill the balloon with helium and let it go
    up up and away! If kitteh’s name is Icarus, wasn’t that a character in an ancient Greek-whatever-
    about flying near the Sun?

21. Hon Glad says:

So,I amuse you do I, SLASH.

22. luvtockehs says:

luv it!
    Dawwww!
    Don’t.
    Pop Yourself!

23. Maybe not photoshopped, but I still don’t think that cat on the left is REAL.

24. Beautiful white kitty looks like my very first cat who escaped and ran away when I was 5. I cried for months…way to go CO for bringing up painful memories! Just kidding, but that is one gorgeous kitteh. And balloon-kitty is pretty cute too. I’d be hard pressed to find a tortoise shell balloon to make one of my baby though.Actually, she isn’t too far off in size anyway.

25. Even more threadjacking:

Yes, Anner is a real person! We had lots of time to chat and listen to the CCCYO and other kids play. Totalee puppy, Anner and I said your name out loud to the cosmos while thy musicians were playing. How was the concert you attended?

Back to the firvolity.

26. Annie — I’ll post on Flickr. It was so great to meet a fellow cuteologist/musican/grammarian/wise-ass! Got my mind going about how cuteology and community music-making could be merged…

This balloon reminds me of my kitty pre-diet. I was noticing last night that she actually looks like a normal cat from above now! From the side and when she’s sitting or lying down, though, that fluff-covered belly-curtain still makes her look huge.

27. bffthAAAHAHAHAHAA HA HA Lizzums.

28. Yo, who you callin’ a wise-ass? Oh, me? OK, then.
    Paws up!

29. “Fluff covered belly curtain” – ftw!