Scoop o’ turtle

Doesn’t it look like someone took an ice cream scooper of behbeh turtle and plopped it upside down on the table?

Blorpsville:

Img_4775

Leg… not… WORKING!

Ehn!

Img_4773

Bess H. says this is a 2-day old box turtle.

Comments

1. NOM!

2. superboymom says:

I’d “shell” out the big bucks for a teeny tortoise like that! Anerable bebeh eye capsules . . . plink! plink!

3. There’s some serious “ehn” going on.

4. Enormous eye capsules.

5. “We gotta get the best shot for CO. What’s my best side, right…or left?”

Is it more or is he really striking a pose in the 2nd shot?

6. Michelle S. says:

oh mah gawd. I’m dying of the cute here.

*stuffs turtle morsel in mouf*

7. I want to kees its teeny clawsicles!

8. Laury W. says:

Strike Pose!:

Style lunge Huzzah!

9. photogirl says:

mmmmh. I love Turtles!

The size of eyes relative to the the size of the head is mindboggling!

10. !!!

Ehn!

I just imploded! I cannot handle it! Everything abbout it is oozing cuteness!

11. DumBunny says:

The stuffing in the mouth reminded me of the turtle my (then about 2) older sister had. Mom only found half of it, with teeth marks.

12. oh god i think turtles are so cute. ack!! kiss kiss

13. May I have an entire bebeh turtle sundae, please?

14. biscuithead says:

Toidle!

Looks sleepy!

15. kibblenibble says:

Do their leetle eye capsules even open at two days old?

16. Breakfast says:

Those proportions are unforgivable.

17. Och, someone save me from the wee turrrtle!

18. DumBunny, that sounds like your sister ate the other half! I’m guessing it was something else….

19. *facepalm* Posting after lunch-induced food coma..
    that’s supposed to read “Is it me..”

20. Scoo–oop of the e–e–evening, Beautiful, beautiful Scoop…

21. Katrina says:

Where do you put the batteries?

22. BabyOpossum says:

(Sing to Juicy Fruit theme)

Got my egg-tooth on,
    Filled my shell with lotsa cute,
    My leg don’t wanna move meh!
    Twist it up…
    Strayche it out…
    I must get out of here before you pop me in your mooouuuutthhhh!!

23. spikedcolor says:

Erm… @DumBunny I really hope you aren’t saying what I think you’re saying.

24. never really thought turtles were cute until now :)

25. balamuthia says:

*dies of cute*

26. Add me to the list of peeps who have officially died of cute.
    I love his teensy, delicate little claws.

27. Annie J. says:

So cute!!!

28. i want to eat him. he’s so cute that i honestly just want to eat him up. how do you explain that feeling?!

29. Kristen says:

My what big eyes he has! All the cuter to be cute with.

30. DumBunny says:

Foxy, you are right on, the family story was she ate the other half, I don’t know for sure, as I wasn’t born for another year and a half.

31. Bunn’s have nothing on turtles for disapprovings!

32. totalee puppy says:

Would love to have a circle…of tiny turkles.

33. Samantha says:

Eye capsules!!!!

I feel like eye capsules should be a tag by now…

34. omg look at that little bebeh beakersons!

35. Judy Woodfill says:

Actually, even though he/she is adorable and terribly cute, he/she is in fact a tortoise, not a turtle. Turtles have flippers and live in the water. Tortoises have claws and live on land.

36. Christine says:

Box turtles actually are partly aquatic- they aren’t strong swimmers, but they need to be close to water and in a humid environment. So, they go with both tortoises and turtles, but they are called turtles because they can’t have the dry habitats most tortoises thrive in.

37. berthaservant says:

wow, ntmtom, a charles lutwidge dodgson reference. nicely done, sir, as always.

as for the toitle, i believe he’s doing jolson’s “mammy” in the second pic.

38. Lorel J says:

Well the way I heared it back when I was an all-turtles-all-the-time kind of gal (President and Founder of my 3rd Grade Turtle Club) was that there are turtles (sea turtles, living in salt water, your loggerheads, your greens, your leatherbacks); then you have your terrapins (living in fresh water but hanging out on nearby land, lounging on rocks and logs – your painted terrapin, your snapping turtle, blandings, soft-shell, etc.); and thirdly there’s your tortoise (land loving, higher domed shells, will puddle around in water and drink it, but please don’t submerge them and expect them to like it – your box turtle, your greek tortoise, etc.). And the umbrella term for all these three groups is: turtles. Now. I have to go and see if any of that has changed since 3rd grade. I mean, Pluto is no longer a planet, right?

39. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Loved the mini-lesson on turtles. They’re so cool. Their spine and ribs are attached to their carapace. Very cool design.

40. Katrina says:

I just bought my husband a lovely tie with tiiiny turckles on it (from the Philadelphia Flower show)- now let’s see if he wears it!
    I do so like this picture- if I could have it as wallpaper, I would.

41. catluvr says:

That thing has giant eyes.

42. Hon Glad says:

Ultimate eye capshules.

43. REEEEDINKILYDONK!

44. I’m going to stuff one of these under each of my eyelids so I can always be looking at it. Forevers.

45. I hate it. HATE IT! does not count AT ALL

46. He still has his egg toof!

47. This is a baby box turtle. I’m not sure, but it is most likely an Eastern Box Turtle…sooooo cute!

48. Lorel J, thanks for the tiny turtle lesson! I feel smahhteh already!

49. AuntieMame says:

“I mean, Pluto is no longer a planet, right?”

It is in MY universe, Lorel J. :P

50. Subhangi says:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

[splode]

51. eikoleigh says:

just adorable!!!

52. turtles are just so full oh “ehn”

53. Kristabelle says:

I love turtles! I had 2 red eared sliders for 6 years. Stinky, but cool. Not the friendliest of creatures, but what can you expect?? Eat, poop, bask in the sun light…

54. yup its a baby eastern boxie, oh sooo cuttteee

55. since it’s an eastern box turtle, brown eyes means it’s a girl

56. It’s so shiny and new!

57. I’ll invent a new word to describe that: tisfc!
    (That…. is so friggin cute)
    Hee Hee