You’re Kind Of New At This ‘Stowing Away’ Thing, Aren’t You?

"Excuse me, flight attendant, if there will be a choice of snack then I would like pretzels instead of peanuts because I have allergies, and I also need to know if the in-flight movie will be age-appropriate for myself and my traveling companions, and I noticed that the gentleman across the aisle did not return his tray table to the full upright position during takeoff, in direct violation of FAA regulations…"

Nice going, loudmouth.  So much for the free trip to Costa Rica.

Cat Apartment by richard_b

Comments

1. Close the bag! You’re letting all the cold air in!

2. *Inspects up close* Hmmmmm… looks like that tooth is chipped… hopefully it’s just the lighting. Why can’t my cats be this cute? All they do is pee on my carpet.

3. DreamspinnerCheryl says:

He’s probably yowling about that airline that’s making folks PAY to use the restroom! Uhm, in his case, make that the on-flight litter box…..?

4. I’m not allowed to pack a suitcase without this scenario happening to me. And as tempting as it is, I think I’d have to kill someone if I had to listen to “mrowr, mrowr, mrowr, mrowr” incessantly for the duration of the trip!

5. Jezebel says:

Imagine being the person at the airport who runs that bag through the the x-ray machine! Awkward!

6. Hon Glad says:

Pipe down stripey, you’ll blow our cover.

7. Looloobelle says:

Sorry Honglad, hovertext says what you said but funnier.

8. chanpon says:

Stripey: Why do I have to take the middle seat??

Black cats to each other: *rolls eyes* It was this or the seat next to the crying baby. Pick your poison.

9. Bag-o-cats all packed and ready to go. (Snatches bag and makes for the nearest exit.)

10. Theresa says:

I flew down to Florida with a whole family like that in January! And when I say family, I mean an extended family– three generations plus aunts, uncles and cousins. They had about half the plane.

11. Theresa says:

I don’t know, I liked “Pipe down, stripey.”

12. Hon Glad says:

Looloobelle, I frequently forget to read the hover text, untill peeps start saying how funny it is.

13. WANT sleepy cutie on the left!

14. Von Zeppelin says:

Are those cats legal in carry-on luggage? They look bigger than three fluid ounces apiece to me.

15. I love the way the Tuxie on the right is looking like, “I could have been flying first class with Ermine Flufferson, but Noooooo, I had to listen to you saying let’s have an adventure….”

16. Mrs. Capers says:

Aaavvaaaaay Maaarriiiiaaaa!

17. Mrs. Capers — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgvJg7D6Qck
    (Yeah, it’s Bobby McFerrin. Bear with me.)

18. Gail (the first one) says:

My Philly souvenir kitteh, Helen (one of my fosters, 6wks old at the time), didn’t make a *peep* during our flight home….I was worried she would be meowing, but she just enjoyed looking at everything and being fawned over by everyone, LOL!!!

19. My boyfriend and I have 2 of these carriers for our 3 cats. When we took all of them to the vet this past summer, he convinced me to try to jam the two who actually like each other into one bag together (it helps that one of them is a tiny little 8-pounder).

We were both pleasantly surprised that they made the trip to the vet with no complaining — highly unusual for these two. I guess it was comforting to have a warm buddy to cuddle on the way.

Now back to my snow day (they’re just as exciting for teachers as students)!

20. scoobie says:

I didn’t notice there were three cats in there

21. Moooooooom!!! He’s pulling my tail again!!!

22. Charlie says:

A lovely picture and the rest of the flicka is nice too! Roo is such a beautiful cat :D

23. Noelegy says:

Can’t you just hear the above monologue said in a voice like Milton from “Office Space”?

24. Noelegy says:

OMG. I literally did NOT notice the other two cats in the bag until I scrolled back up again! All I saw was Mr. Stripey McLoudmouth.

25. Northern Tigress says:

I’m pretty sure that all cats are hardwired to find the one place they aren’t supposed to be, and stay there. I think that’s why boxhab is doomed to failure.

26. HI-larious text. Some of the kids I teach are like this. :D Ahaha.

~Meg~

27. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Did they make you pay to use the lavatories? I’d yowl about that, fer shure.

28. Oh good. I’m not the only one that didn’t notice the other two cats!

Jeez, are there really pay-toilets on planes now?

29. The kitty on the right is sooo not amused…

30. AWW. Looks like the striped kitty is saying “When are we going?” GIGGLE I bet your “Philly souvenir kitteh, Helen” just LOVED all the attention she got from the entire plane, Gail (the first one). I bet it made the entire trip a lot enjoyable for all of the passengers. I just want to know if you were one of the first off the plane with your little fur baby?

31. that’s legal? i have two kitties and i’m afraid they won’t fit into one carrier, and i can’t bring two carriers when i travel by air..

32. Kallisto says:

Well, this airline is definitely thinking about it, but this would be on our side of the Atlantic. Since they only fly short haul, you guys would not be affected. Me and the guys at my office are boykotting them now. This goes to far (we’ve endured so much from them, but that’s it).
    And those kitties are just adorable and I want them all and, and…

33. OK, I just have to repeat myself here — it’s just too tempting.

34. OK, I just have to repeat myself — it’s just too tempting.

35. Ruh-roh! Didn’t mean to repeat myself THAT many times! *blushes and hides under the tuxie in the bag*

36. Mary (the first) says:

Why has no one said anything yet about letting the cat(s) out of the bag?
    Are y’all asleep or something?? Let them OUT!

37. Gail (the first one) says:

@Teresa: Luckily there was no one beside me, so I could put her carrier up on the seat….the flight attendant just thought she was the cutest! The worst part was the hour-long drive home from the airport, where she ‘yelled’ the entire time! Poor thing!!!

38. @Gail (the first one): I understand completely about the yelling thing — my Zora does that when I take her in her carrier in the car (usually to the vet, so maybe that’s why). I had never heard a cat actually say me-yow before!!

39. My Stinky Cat rode home for the first time in a Barnes and Noble bag on the subway. He entertained the other passengers, too. He kept popping his head out of the bag and looking around like a periscope.

40. berthaservant says:

Worst. Wack-a-mole game. Ever.

41. I am glad that the flight attendant allowed you to put your dear kitty and her carrier on the seat next to you, Gail (the first one). Sounds like you made that flight attendant’s day with your little sweetie who was probably really tired from the flight.

42. GIGGLE Your kitty must of made those subway passengers’ day with his head popping up and down like that, Theresa. Why did you call your kitty “Stinky Cat”?

43. Gail (the first one) says:

HeeHee!! I can just imagine Stinky and the blase’ subway riders…

44. cachorro says:

All right…who’s been
    talking students into
    smuggling kittehs into Costa Rica?

45. kibblenibble says:

Noelegy: regarding the Milton Office Space Voice….That’s *exactly* what I heard! It’s ’cause NOMTOM is such an amazing writer that you can hear the character’s voices inside your head…or…am I the only one who hears voices???…*shifty eyes* Never mind…:P

46. Katrina says:

That middle kitteh is singing “Exultate Jubilate” in cat. Mo mean feat!

47. MCR fanatic says:

ugh. you can almost SEE the pink ribbons and neon converses…

48. Kristabelle says:

Sullen cat on the right looks like, “WHY does he ALWAYS have to be so LOUD?”

49. ThreeCatNight says:

Associated Press:
    “The Katz Brothers were caught at JFK International Airport yesterday in another unsuccessful attempt to flaut the travel laws. When questioned at the Security Office, Stripey Katz said that as the mouthpiece for the brothers, they were only trying to be good Americans, and economize. Nothing illegal about it. Smokey Katz said something in a strange Italian accent, and Blackie Katz said nothing, but just pulled out a horn and blew it in the Inspector’s face
    with an evil leer! At that point, Smokey told the authorities, ‘Ey, he no say-a much, but when-a he speak; he no-a say nothing!’ When the authorities tried to contact their lawyer and spokesperson, Mr. F.E.Lyons by phone, their attempts were not successful, as they received a recorded message stating that the phone had been disconnected, and Mr. Lyons had left the country.
    Further news at 6:00.”

50. That’ll be $15 to check this bag plus an additional $10 handling fee for the extra weight.