We Take You Live to the 2009 Staring Championships!

… and if you’ve just joined us, it’s been an inaction-packed afternoon as we enter the ninth blink-less hour of the showdown between Zeke, the young challenger, and Karma, seasoned veteran starer.  And it looks like neither of these determined dogs are giving any ground as… wait a minute, I’m told there’s been a ruling from the line judge…

Your lips say no, but your eyes say yes, yes, yes!

… and… ZEKE HAS BLINKED!  Yes, it’s been confirmed, Zeke has blinked, and that means that Karma retains the Championship Staring title, and it looks like Zeke may be out for the rest of the season to undergo eye adjustments…

Daaaah, how come there's two o'everything?

Back to you in the studio, Stacy W.

Comments

1. Boxer pups!! Those are some super big puppy paws!

2. Mary (the first) says:

I love those pups! I would stare too if my “opponent” were as handsome as they are!

3. lucy's mommeh says:

Zeke is obviously staring down TWO other dogs at once.

4. Beep that nose, I say! Beep it!

5. Beautiful dogs!

6. Zeke is sporting some pretty ginormous toe beans there.

7. Nik…lolol

8. These boxers have already scored a knockout. Check out their victim sprawled on the couch. Nice work, guys.

9. Karen in Toronto says:

I think that toy is the prize for the contest.

10. lucy’s mommeh, that made me laugh so hard!!!

oh boxer pups, is there anything better?? my boxer is almost 10 but still acts like a silly little puppy :) what beautiful dogs!

11. Von Zeppelin says:

Zeke looks like Marty Feldman after inhaling some serious weed.

12. Boomer's Babysitter says:

At one time, the boxer was my “dream dog” to own… or be owned by. I’ve since broadened my horizons. I just want a DOG. But first, a place to keep him or her, with space to run and play. Anyone seen the house fairy?

13. balamuthia says:

@Boomer’s Babysitter– I say we track that house fairy down and take what’s OURS!

I want a place for puppehs too.

14. Zeke’s one intense little puppy with dreams of domination — d’ya see his little throat tensed in mid-growl during their ‘this rubber toy’s not squeaky enough for the both of us’ standoff? Silly puppy didn’t realize that big bad Karma could turn him into a boxer-skin rug. ;)

15. chanpon says:

Whoa, it’s like looking into a mirror! I call matchingks!

16. I totally have that couch!! Those pups are adorables!

17. berthaservant says:

Willie McGee eyes FTW.

18. scruffylove says:

In the second pic, Zeke needs some tweeting birds and spiral over his head because (in a sing song voice) he has been totally KO’d.
    Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a little Scruffy guy demanding attention. G’night!

19. Theresa says:

Willie McGee!!!! ET!!!!

20. Theresa says:

PS @B-Serv, I don’t remember if I turned you on to this guy:

21. berthaservant says:

Thank you Theresa! I haven’t seen him, he’s my new hero!

22. Hon Glad says:

My eye yeems are broken.

23. scooterpants says:

“NOT FAIR!
    Dad touched my butt and broke , my concentration. I’ll eat your shoes later buddy”