Finish Your Taxes in a Breeze!

I used to dread tax time.  All that figuring and scribbling, just to please the mean old IRS.  But all that's changed now, thanks to the revolutionary tax tool, SkunkWorx™!

It's like a breath of fresh air!

Just put SkunkWorx on your books, and relax.  Only SkunkWorx uses the exclusive AroMath™ System, so that your numbers look good — and smell bad.  So give Uncle Sam a little something extra this year, with SkunkWorx!

Watch me sniff out those hidden deductions!

(I)t's (R)eally (S)norgleable, Sarah W.

Comments

1. Von Zeppelin says:

Skunk accountant: “Some of these deductions aren’t going to pass the smell test.”

2. Stealth Qte™. Heh.

3. Bebe Le Pew!

4. What a cute lil stinker!

5. PS — I know those desk phones; my old work uses them. Very easy to install/move/maintain.
    We never had a skunk, though, in the accounting department or anywhere else.

6. We use those phones at our office now. But dang – what did this girl do to her walls?!

7. Chanpon — you mean the barely-painted cinderblock? I kinda doubt either she or her striped pal are responsible for that.

8. Looloobelle says:

No wonder lady has a massive smile on her face – how could you not with that lil warm fur bundle in your handies?!!

9. Karen in Toronto says:

Chanpon: there were shelves there. Or those handcuffs on chains.

10. snorglepup says:

Looks like moldy basement walls.
    Cute lil skunky McStinkypants!

11. Ooooh! WANT!!

12. LOL, Karen!
    I’m so relieved that the new administration has moved to shut down the actuarial dungeons of yesteryear, and re-purpose them. The mascots are an especially nice touch.

13. Goodness. There are few things cuter than skunk kits.

[Sure, agreed, but better still are the ones that come pre-assembled... - Ed.]

14. Looloobelle says:

Omg didn’t even notice before – SKUNKLES IS THE SIZE OF THAT CALCULATOR!

15. If desented skunks are cool, if not stinky but cool. actually, skunks don’t smell much different then any other rodent.

Now the real question, will this post disappear as well?

[Enough. Cut it out. - Ed.]

16. Mary (the first) says:

Those two are both adorable but I also noticed the walls.. that looks like mildew or mold.. poor girl and skunk! :(

17. Look at how proud she is of her skunk!

18. Preferably a DOWNWIND breeze :P

19. When I volunteered at a wildlife rescue group and fed all the baby animals, I discovered that a baby skunk is the softest animal I have touched. Even softer than a bunny.

20. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Forget the calculator, the skunk is almost the same size AND shape as her computer mouse! Office rodent romance?

I do hope the little furry dude (dudette?) is de-scented. I don’t suppose the human would be smiling, if not, though.

21. Boomer's Babysitter says:

22. Boomer's Babysitter says:

23. Boomer's Babysitter says:

24. Boomer's Babysitter says:

25. Boomer's Babysitter says:

26. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Crystal T – Really? That’s interesting! I figured they’d have sort of wiry fur. Yet another fact gleaned from CO I never even knew I wanted to know. SWEET!

27. Boomer's Babysitter says:

28. Boomer's Babysitter says:

29. Boomer's Babysitter says:

30. Boomer's Babysitter says:

31. Boomer's Babysitter says:

32. OOh OOh, does the skunk with the calcyulator or the the way around?

She is very proud of her skunk, nismo, I would be too!

33. MMMmmmm….. mountain dew!

34. NotAnotherMIlo says:

Please don’t send any skunkly aromas with your taxes, ’cause they only go to the poor seasonal mailroom workers like me. On the other hand, sending in baby descented skunks like this little guy (or any other small furry healthy cute cuddly animals) would be greatly appreciated.

35. Yea, I’ll wait for the AUDITOR to ask me to mail him something! Then the skunk will update the document! Hah, funnier than when my dog jumped out of the neighbors hedge with one of these in his mouth! I wasn’t thinking, should’a saved him for tax time!

36. Embedded product placement in the 2nd photo!

37. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

Skunkelet & mouse = matchingks?

38. SqueesqueeeeeeeeeSQUEEEEeeEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

{jumping up and down squealing helplessly with my hands flapping ridiculously)

OMG I may have wet my pants

39. How does Sarah come to have a baby skunk?

40. metcalfe2068 says:

Believe it or not, I really AM a tax auditor. I can assure you, if your tax return smells like skunk, you WILL be “skunked” by some of our Finest. However, if you bring the baby snuggly skunkums to the audit you might JUST get away with those deductions…

41. Gail (the first one) says:

Hey, I did my taxes online and I didn’t get a skunk review!!! I’d have paid extra for that!! Are you listening, TurboTax?????

42. She should take that skunk into her boss’ office and negotiate a raise ;-)

43. So, Mr. IRS Auditor person, you say I owe a couple thou in back taxes, eh? Well, let me introdoose yew too my leetle fren’.

44. Is it just me, or is that Mt. Dew can HUGE?

45. Folks, this is how all of Tom Daschle’s problems started.

46. Looks like she completed the 50 pets achievement.

47. I never knew baby skunks were so cute! My dad had a pet skunk when he was a kid and he says it was just nasty and gross.

48. Skunkworks was a real entity. It was a design area at Lockheed Martin back when they were working on the first ever “flying wing” They had one, but since there were no computers in that day & age, it was a b!tc4 to fly. They got the head of that department (nearly 80 by that time) and took him to the unveiling of the B-2 bombers when they were unveiled. His comment: “if we’d only had computers back then…..”

49. @ChrisTucker – that is an adorable picture! I never knew that baby skunks were so adorable! When I was little we had a Mr. and Mrs. Skunk couple living under our back porch–and they sprayed (really saturated) our West Highland White Terrier, Tinker. My mother had to give Tinker three baths in tomato juice before the smell finally came out. (And she was a lovely shade of pale pink for a few days–shampoo couldn’t get the pink out!) We’ve got pictures somewhere…

50. eternalcanadian says:

awww, that is just too fricking cute, a baby pepe le pew! :-D

51. I’m a wild skunk rehabber in Los Angeles, California if that is an orphaned wild skunk. Let me know if you need help. Click the link above for pics of baby skunks

52. CPA? C P.U.!

53. totalee puppy says:

Either mouse is tremendouse
    or skunk is shrunk.

54. This cute little skunk is a reminder that tax time
    stinks.

55. For nine years I had a pet skunk wich I was fortunate enuf to save from certain death like it’s brothers and sisters in a unfortunate mishap with a cars tires.
    From the litter of five and the mother this one survived.
    I never had it desented nor did I have it declawed and in nine years it never did spray inside our home.
    It did however sprayed our neighbors dog who went after one time and one time only.
    Wonderful pets and if the oppertunately arose I would have another.
    Stinker her name fell victim to another dog 3 years ago and it was truely a sad day in our lives.
    Stinker you will always be rememberd.
    Yes at the eary age thier fur is exceptionally soft and like cats they keep themselves very clean and easy to litter box train.
    The biggest problem with having a skunk is DOGS for they all go after them.
    If you want a adorable pet thats going to be inside your home always SKUNKS rule.
    Far more affectionate than cats by far and very playfull.
    Loves Skunks

56. FYI, It wasn’t my skunk, nor is it me in the photo…it is a friend of a friend!

57. I’m currently living in a house with a roommate who is extremely allergic to cats. A friend suggested getting a skunk. Looking at these photos, I’m thinking I should seriously consider it.

58. Meoowmom =^..^= says:

Oh what a sweet pic!
    The lil face on the lil
    stinker is adorables, who
    knew they could be so cute. I guess I never
    hung around to see the lil
    adorable face. Now, after reading ‘tugs r us’ post
    I want one…..ummm

59. LisaHoneychan says:

There was a Nature episode I recorded about a month ago. I fell in love with them by the end of the hour! I really wish I could get one for a pet, but apparently almost every state BUT Ohio has made it illegal to have one for a pet. They interviewed a woman who had over 12 skunks in her house! I was floored by the fact they COME IN DIFFERENT COLORS! Like lavender! They are almost with points, like a Siamese cat. Trouble is, I just don’t think they are as cute as the traditional black and white ones.
    Skunk kits -are- the most adorable things, after little piglets to me!
    (PS: a quick Google search under domestic skunks/pets have alot of info, plus pics)

60. LisaHoneychan says:

It might be helpful to point out that I suck, without letting everyone know I was speaking of skunks, right away. The Nature program also mentioned they are more friendlier with humans then ferrets (they said it, not me!) and yes! They can be litter-box trained. Need I mention they make -reaaalllly- cute sounds, as well?

61. Okay that woman is the CO. Look at her adorable face and smile! Love that, so cute.

62. Ooohh, a multifunctional pocket skunk–it does your taxes, it’s handy when you need a snorgle, and it serves as an alternative to pepper spray or mace. WANT!

63. Those walls remind me of my days in state government… my office was in the middle of the building, no windows for miles… I might not have minded a baby skunk then, either. ;-)

64. @Jeep: I think you’ve confused Jack Northop with Kelly Johnson.

Northop designed the first US flying wing (which is now in the Smithsonian), which evolved into some 50′s bomber prototypes, then ultimately into the B-2. The company bares his name.

Skunk Works was part of Lockheed (now Lockheed-Martin), lead by the great Kelly Johnson. It developed the P-38, P-80 (the first operational US jet fighter), F-104, U-2, SR-71 (nicknamed “habu” after a cute snake), F-117 (stealth fighter), F-22, and the F-35.

Cute Skunk Works logo, on the Habu in DC:

65. Von Zeppelin says:

@jeep, Mr. Guilt–For the sake of completeness at the nexus of aviation history and skunkiana, the Lockheed-Martin Skunk Works also developed the P-175 Polecat unmanned aerial vehicle. The name Skunk Works, by the way, comes from the Skonk Works, an unlicensed distillery conducted by the beverage entrepreneur Big Barnsmell in the Li’l Abner comic strip back in the day.
    By the way: young woman in skunk pictures: attractive. Office: horrible.

66. That is a sweet little McSkunkerpants – and soft too, who knew? I loffs heem!

DumBunny, skunks are not rodents, I think they are Carnivores like cats and dogs.

tugs r us – very brave not to have your Stinky descented! But interesting to know you never had problems (except with dogs).

67. Anon – lolz! I haven’t even reached the 15 pet one yet.

We need an EXTREME CLOSE UP of teh leetle paws!

68. Cute skunkito! Craptastic office though!

69. I hope you’re gonna get some free cases of Mountain Dew now

70. Nice product placement there with the Mountain Dew

$$$ ka-ching! $$$

71. @ LisaHoneychan- I’m really glad I live in Ohio, then! I’ve always wanted to get a pet skunk, and when I looked a few years ago I remember that other states allowed them, but you have to get a license for them. Have they changed the laws for all the other states? :0

72. Both are equally as cute!
    They both made me smile.

73. anon and Pandsocks-I’m at 14 pets! I think i need a baby skunk to get my achievement.

74. I’m less surprised that Bjork owned a skunk when she was young than by her apparently having worked as an accountant early in her career.

75. berthaservant says:

If only they’d given Milton a skunk when they banished him to the basement. He probably even would have stopped asking about his stapler.

76. Julia (the one in BC) says:

For those who missed the Nature program (“the first ever devoted to skunks!”), the ENTIRE program can be viewed online.

Prepare to “awww”, ’cause baby skunks do appear:

P.S. Have fallen in love with Jerry Dragoo.

77. shortperson210 says:

too cute! i want one – my dad’s friend had “petunia” she was beautiful and sooo soft! your skunk is soo precious…i’m jealous :)!

78. @Amy J.
    Dogs are actually omnivores. That’s why my late great Cherry was crazy about carrots, apples, and peanut butter.

Skunks are omnivores too. They’ll eat just about anything, from lizards to berries.

79. @Jeep and Mr. Guilt. For the sake of clarity, Skunkworks is alive and well at Lockheed, still developing new and cool aviation ideas and products. And Von Zeppelin is right about the origin of the name… for the full story: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/aeronautics/skunkworks/name.html. The actual skunk (picture) is very cute. You can see it on the “Skunk Works Today” page from the link above.

Both the girl and the skunk kit are indeed cute, but I, too, want to put a coat of paint on that wall!

80. Rob Coover says:

I had thought skunks were mustelids (in the weasel family) but in looking this up to provide a link I found out that DNA tests have now placed them in their own family, Mephitidae. They’re still technically in the order carnivora, but actually there are plenty of omnivores in that order.

81. Rob Coover says:

Oh, and the skunk is adorable and I love the look on the woman’s face!

82. Noelegy says:

My dad had pet skunks as a kid. He gave that as the reason why he got all “squee” over my ferrets many years later.

83. Pepe ! It’s Pepe !
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

84. Glinkus Meerkat says:

Very cute. Skunk’s not bad either. ;)

85. I remember reading that there are “skunk shows” like dog and cat shows. I’d love to go to one.