Shake a Tailfeather Behbeh

WHO teaches birds how to dance? Are there some classes I don’t know about? Reality shows I’m not aware of? TEACH ME HOW TO DANCE STEVE WOZNIAK!

//Video removed at the request of the owner.//

Josh N., I can’t wait to see Frostie on T.V.

Comments

1. I want to know what kind of birdy that is…he’s got some sweet moves. My Sydney used to dance too, but this guy is amazing, I love him!

2. Hahahaha! I have the sound turned off here at the office, so I have no idea what song he’s dancing to, but I can tell even without the music that he’s got more rhythm than I do. Ha!

3. Daww! look at him go!

4. I think that rhythym’s all natural……

5. Or rhythm, even!

6. That bird is a better dancer than most HUMANS I know… including me! ;-)

7. That parrot has some sweet moves!

8. Ok, I’ve seen birds dance before, but this just takes things to a whole new level. That was AMAZING.

9. Dang! That bird has more rhythm than I do! Too cool!

10. i said it before and i’ll say it again: birds are frickin’ hilarious.

11. First it made me smile, then after about 30 sec I was laughing out loud. Made my day.

12. Oh wow, birdie really rockin!! Love it

13. Just. Wow. I’m normally unfazed by bird tricks, but that is no mere trick. He is dancing like it’s 1999! I’m tempting to steal it and try putting some different music to him. :D

14. that little guy looks like a Goffins ‘too to me. Little guy is hilarious!

15. Baby got beak!

16. That was the funniest thing I’ve seen in weeks!!!

17. Looks like a cockatoo

18. Looks like a cockatoo…
    they love to dance

19. Wow. I didn’t even know birds could move in some of those ways!

20. Looks like a cockatoo..
    They love to dance.

21. This bird is seriously funny and a highly trained dancer. May he win in Dancing with Stars!

22. Gail (the first one) says:

“Breaks my heart, see a boy that young goin’ bad.”

Meanwhile, this is SO cute!

23. Hey, you try sittin’ still when Brother Ray starts bustin’ loose with a tasty tune.

Its unpossible!

24. Wow, he REALLY starts to Git Down On It at -2:13!
    And p.s. There are no classes. Boids just got the rhythm down in their soul.

25. He’s got some mighty fancy moves. Got good rhythm too. If I were a birdie DWtS critic, I would suggest more footwork. But I’m not, so I won’t.

26. In addition to the other-worldly dancin’, what’s amazing is that he didn’t “use the newspaper” even once that whole two and a half minutes!

27. His head movements at 1:17 just make me laugh so hard….I love this bird.

28. hells bells i just have a goose that honks when you call out her name. Daffy and I are gonna have to have a talk about expanding things she can do!!

that bird would make the blues brothers proud. Tweety Blues?

29. Naturally, he must shake his tailfeathers. And I’d dare anyone who listens to that song not to do the same . . . maybe not as well, but bet you’ll try!

30. bookmonstercats says:

Is it a war dance or a mating dance, or is he just a-rockin’?

31. Dang, birdie got balance!

With all that head-spinning, I’d be getting dizzy and falling off the perch!

32. That’s Frostie! He’s a bare-eyed cockatoo, and cockatoos do seem to love to dance. It’s obvious he’s listening to the music, and moving in time to the beat…amazing, and hilarious to watch! Boogie down, Frostie!

33. kibblenibble says:

Obvy that Frostie LOVES Ray! My friend’s yellow-naped Amazon loved the beach boys. He would dance whenever she played their music. He also sang along to “She’ll Have Fun Till Her Daddy Takes Her T-Bird Away.” He’d keep repeating “Fun-Fun-Fun” as he danced. Warning: Birds are amazing, but a lot of work, and a huge commitment. I say this because I love them. It’s sad when people get them because they talk, and “get rid” of them later when they realize the work, mess, and noise involved. But I’m not nuffin’ because this bird is obviously happy and loved. I’m just sayin’.

34. kibblenibble says:

Oh, okay, it’s the Blues Bros. My bad.

35. Pawnieking says:

Wheee, that’s a seriously happy ‘too! Sweeet moves!

Kibblenibble: Thank you for speaking up for companion parrots!

36. Mary (the first) says:

Here we go loop de loop!!!

37. Felicityanne says:

That takes Dad-dancing to a whole new level…

38. WOW.

I gotta take some lessons from a bird to learn some sweet moves, I see.

39. Throw your wings in the air like you just don’t care

40. Boogie on down boidy baby.

41. I am disappointed that we actually didn’t bend over and shake the tailfeathers.

Very fun. I love how he moves to the center of the pole to keep his balance.

42. When he flapped his wings, I thought of the image of Elvis Presley in a white jumpsuit. His next starring role: Conrad Birdie in “Bye Bye Birdie”. Obvy.

43. I just love how much joy he seems to be getting out of it. :)

44. Around here we call ‘em short-billed corellas. Corellas are awesome – they have a brilliant sense of mischief :)

I prefer the long-billed ones though :)

45. I’ll admit it, I was totally dancing along with this bird!
    Wanna go boogie with me on Friday night???

46. I’ve seen birds dance before, but damn, that bird has talent.
    He seems to be having a field day, too. Very cute. <3

47. somebody needs to teach that thing to do “single ladies”!

48. Yeah baby, shake up those remaining brain cells. Funniest thing I’ve seen all morning.

49. Gail (the first one) says:

RE: Megster’s desire to see this on TV:

This was featured on Good Morning America this AM!

If you post it, it will happen!!

50. Than you Meg! I sat at the perch in my cubicle and bopped right along…then sent it to all my cubical bound friends for their dancing pleasure. Dat a jiving qte birdie!

51. That bird knows how to party!

52. Yay! He’s got the Janet Jackson head dips.

53. (Or are they Stephen Colbert head dips?)

54. Woo! Shake that tailfeather. =D

55. charliewabba says:

Birds love to dance. And they’ll imitate whatever you’re doing, so I’m guessing there’s someone behind the camera doing some pretty serious shakin’ as well.
    I know someone with a green wing macaw named Saydee who does a pretty hot number to the Beatles “Sexy Sadie.”

56. I think this bird should be in “Dancing With The Stars” instead of Steve Wozniak

57. i’ve seen some dancing birds online, and this little dude is the best by far.

58. catloveschanel says:

I vote for “dancing with the stars” as well, nycat!

(I also want to see the folks that do my workout videos Denise Austin vs Paula Abdul on there, as well.)

59. Wow, I give him a 10 for sheer enthusiasm! That’s clearly one happy bird!

60. NY Cat — I think this bird should be in “Dancing with the Stars” PARTNERED with the Woz.

61. scooterpants says:

Super – flexie neck ax-shon!
    what moves! oh, to be so very flexible. :)

62. scooterpants says:

oh. I give him an 11 !

63. My boss just looked at me funny ‘cuz I LOL’d and was then shaking with laughter trying to not LOL again!

And Dale, “Baby got beak!” Good one!

64. i wish my hamster would dance to music :D

65. ZOMG!!! The cuteness! It blinds!!!

66. That was so freakin cute!!

67. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Bird Talk magazine recently had a series on teaching your birds to dance. Most of the moves start with the basic “step-up,” which is handy for getting them onto a perch, or onto a hand, only, instead of stepping onto something, they were illustrating how to get a bird to sort of “march” in place, then turn around, etc.. I was wishing I still had a bird to try it. …RIP Princess…

68. Boomer's Babysitter says:

69. Boomer's Babysitter says:

70. Boomer's Babysitter says:

71. Boomer's Babysitter says:

72. Boomer's Babysitter says:

73. Laurie: me too! we need to become Ham Whisperers and help them unleash their natural Jive instinct!
    This boid rocks.

74. Kristabelle says:

Awesome! Frostie is clearly having a good time!

Heck, even little cockatiels are work. Bigger companion birds require really good nutrition (not that other animals don’t!) and lots of hands-on time. If you don’t interact with them, you can’t expect them to be tame and obedient, much less friendly! Plus, birds will TEAR YOU UP if you’re not careful!

This guy looks like he has fabulous owners.

75. Michelle S. says:

Git dowwn!

76. What a little head-banger, un”bird”lievable.

77. I’ve known several birds that like to dance. My friend in high school had a Cockatiel that loved to dance to Fishbone. Not much else, but when we put on Fishbone she got DOWN!

78. littledogrescue says:

He’s a Bare-Eyed Cockatoo/Corella. Most parrots love to dance, but cockatoos are the Michael Jacksons of birds. Love them!

79. Fancy's Mum says:

Kibblenibble: Thank you for speaking up for companion parrots! (DITTO)

This is one happy little dude. Sooo cute – a must for Dancing with the Stars! Such a cutie-pa-tootie :D

80. Fancy's Mum says:

Kibblenibble: Thank you for speaking up for companion parrots! (DITTO)

81. Fancy's Mum says:

Kibblenibble: Thank you for speaking up for companion parrots! (DITTO)

82. Fancy's Mum says:

Kibblenibble: Thank you for speaking up for companion parrots! (DITTO)

83. Fancy's Mum says:

Kibblenibble: Thank you for speaking up for companion parrots! (DITTO)

84. Fancy's Mum says:

Kibblenibble: Thank you for speaking up for companion parrots! (DITTO)

85. Joelle Taschereau says:

Hahahahaha! He seems to have so much fun!! He’s sooo funny, cute!!

86. kibblenibble says:

I’m SO glad people didn’t think I was nuffing! I loved my little conure Scout, that I had for 20 years. He did some dancing, too, but nothin’ like this one! When he died after 5 years of chronic illness, including multitudes of doc visits and daily meds, my heart was broken. I made sure that he was happy, had lots of love, and didn’t suffer, and I almost never traveled for 20 years, because I hated to leave him. It’s also hard to find someone who knows how to properly care for birds, AND Scoutie would sometimes bite people who showed fear. They need special vets, because not all have the ability to care for birds. We are talking constant cage/floor/wall cleaning, and plenty of LOUD noise over a lifespan that tops many humans. It isn’t for the faint of heart or commitment-shy. But I repeat, *I love birds.* So thanks to all who know that my heart is in the right place here. :-)

87. Yeah I wish I could get a bird, but honestly, our dogs, cat, and fish are enough right now for me lol
    So I’ll just enjoy clips like these.
    That is one awesome bird with some sweet dance moves! Love that flapping of the wings at the beginning! So cute and hilarious.

88. That is the video I shot of my pet Bare-Eyed Cockatoo, also known as a Little Corella, and uploaded to YouTube on February 1, 2009.

You can learn more about Frostie at his official YouTube page as well as see other videos of him dancing.

If you subscribe, you will be able to watch new Frostie videos as they are released.

Frostie was on Good Morning America today and I do not intend to upload any more of his videos to file sharing sites any longer.

Here’s his site: http://youtube.com/onepickiechickie

Karla K. Larsson
    Agent/Producer
    Paradise/Magalia, California

89. Kirsten D. says:

Oh. My. GOD.

This is just what I needed after a massive freakout session. It’s 11:30 at night, and I am trying so very hard to muffle my laughter. I’m shaking with suppressed giggles here. I fully intend to bookmark this and send it to every single person who tells me that they’re having a bad day. Love.

90. I just love it when he spreads out his wings in the beginning and sways back and forth. Not many of us can pull that one off, I tell ya.

And his squawks seem to come right on que to the music. “Squawk” indeed my dance-loving friend. “Squawk” indeed.

91. Kirsten D.- I hope you are having a better day now. K.

92. Fancy's Mum says:

Kibblenibble: my condolences to you on the loss. I have a U2 whom I adore and YES she’s tons of work – but her dancining/singing moments make the mess worthwhile.

(I have my own little boogie bird – and she sings – American Idol here she comes!!!)

93. Fancy's Mum says:

94. Fancy's Mum says:

95. Fancy's Mum says:

96. Fancy's Mum says:

97. Fancy's Mum says:

98. my goodness, a tailfeather is indeed being shaken.

bravo, little one.

99. hahaha. I really started laughing when he started doing the bird version of the Carlton there near the end.

Oh… good stuff, good stuff.. hahaha.

100. HAW HAW HAW! That was great! I love it when the music says “let me see you shake yer tail featha” and boid is like “no no non non”

101. Before we get all ‘Yay that funny bird is so cool and makes laugh’ Remember this…

Dancing birds are often showing signs Psychological stress and the beginnings of madness. That may not be true in this instance, some birds can be trained and we all need to aware that it’s not all beer and skittles.

102. I had a parakeet that danced out of pure joy. you could really tell she loved it, so I believe completely that birds like this are having a good time and not going mad or hating the noise… but I must say, this bird is one amazing dancer! where’s the exemption for getting it onto a reality show? or is that a show itself?

103. haha I wasn’t feeling good but this made me feel better! Cute! Thanks!

104. BlackKittiesRmyfriends says:

I LOVE that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

105. That is my parrot Frostie. I shot that footage. I’m extremely disappointed the person who uploaded it didn’t have the courtesy to use Frostie’s name when she titled the video!

Frostie has an official YouTube Channel where there are more dancing videos:

106. haha. This bird has some moves. Wish I could dance like that. WICKED JEALOUS! :) GO FROSTY!!

107. BlackKittiesRmyfriends says: