Bedtime for Igor

“… and bless Dr. Fronk-en-steen, and the Monster, and Inga, and Frau Blücher, and Abby Normal, and…”

What hump?

… and Susan B.  [Plus all respect to Ellen van Deelen – Ed.]
rat with tiny teddybear

Comments

1. deeeep looooove~

2. I always kiss teddy goodnight.

3. and Frau Blücher… *horses going wild in the distance*

4. sooooo cute lil rat wif his teddie. Wish i cud kiss him on his lil tiny head

5. oh gosh that is precious!

6. Does he shop at the same little bitty teddybear store that Bug the Rat shops at?? Ratties with tiny teddybears are just too cute!

7. Oh My Goodness! A star is born. Igor is adorable! can’t wait to see more pics. such a sweet baby. little rat kisses on his little rat nose. awwwwwwwww!

8. Well, I’d say that just has to be the cutest thing ever, but it’s a rat. Still cute, though. :)

9. I love how he his holding the teddy bear’s hand! So adorable.

10. “Igor, help me with the bags.”

“Soitenly. You take the blonde, I’ll take the one in the turban.”

11. Neigh-eigh-eigh-eigh! Not Frau Blücher!

12. *faints from de cute!*

And I am a professional cute-ologist. I takes a lot to make me faint!! Another reason to want a rattie. (Now if they would just live longer!)

13. *Where* are these rats getting these teeny-tiny teddies? So anerable!

14. Is he even real? His little nose looks suspiciously stuffed to me. So cute!

15. I can just picture the rat saying the ole “Please sit may I have another” line…. so cute w/ the teddy!

16. er.. please SIR

17. “Pardon me, boy. Is this the Transylvanian station?”

18. Von Zeppelin says:

Are you sure that’s Igor? His eyes appear to be focused in the same direction.

19. you forgot to say .. “bless teddy!!!!”
    :-P

20. Werewolf!
    Where wolf?
    There wolf!

21. Aw, he looks just like a guy I went to school with! j/k What a cute little rat, but I agree with Shannon — if only they would live a little longer! And hamsters, too.

22. OMG! Had to hold my bref so as not to squee out loud in my cube! I so want to snorgle this rattie and micro-snorgle his teddy.
    May need that brain transplant from Abby.

23. Aaah sweet mystery of life at last I found yoooou!

24. Oh, I sender-innered these too, espeshe the ones playing musical instruments :

Glad one got posted anyway, more ratties with teddybears if you follow the link.

Credit goes to Ellen van Deelen, rattie photographère extraordinaire !

[Thank you Pooh; post is updated... - Ed.]

25. OMG, thank you Pooh. Those are amazing!!

26. Rats are awesome! They’re smart and inquisitive and very personable, once you get to know them. I’m totally in love with this picture.

27. Taffeta darling!

28. cheesybird says:

It’s pronounced “eye-gor.”

Igor is my newest desktop wallpaper. I love how his ears point off to the sides rather than upward, like most rats.

29. Looloobelle says:

Why is it pronunced eye-gor?! Surely ee-gor…if we’re going with the original Russian…
    However his name is pronounced, what a CUTESTER!

30. Dig that 360-degree whisker action!

31. To be viewed as slideshow, almost infinite rattie cuteness :

32. Looloobelle, get yourself out to a video store and rent “Young Frankenstein” immediately!! Starring Gene Wilder, Madeline Kahn, Cloris Leachman, etc. (Hint: it will _not_ be in the Horror section…)

33. That’s Frank en stein!

34. Looloobelle, have you seen “Young Frankenstein”?

35. Put – the candle – back!

36. OOOOOH sweet mystery of life at last I found you!!!

37. Sorry for the double-post. I’m having some is-sues….

38. What hump?

39. A rriot is an ugly thingk. Und I sink it ISSS CHUST ABOUT TIME WE HADT VUN!!!

40. Gail (the first one) says:

“D__m your eyes!!!!”
    “Too late!”

41. Gail (the first one) says:

@Theresa: WHAT????

42. AuntieMame says:

This is my financier.

43. (snerk!)

44. This makes me miss my girls, Lucy and Ethel. I would get a new pair, but as mentioned above they have a heart-breakingly short lifespan.

However, I do believe there’s a dumbo in my future.

Cutie pie, Igor is.

45. Another one for the calendar!

46. Who else out there is loving the turned-out feet?

47. Ok, who makes a french horn the size for a rat? I’ve seen 1/8th sized violins, but this? A new one for my collection! What a dear photo.

48. Annie, you’re getting an effelant?!?

*Roll, roll, roll in the hay!*

49. Those back foots- O!

50. I’m in love. LOVE, people. Love.

And, Theresa, the giant back feet are definitely part of it.

But mostly, it’s that earnest, trusting little face.

Waaaah!

51. scooterpaants says:

is this a special breed of rat?
    the photos on the link are so cute, them with their little ears sticking out all horizontal from their wee heads.
    and where doews one purchase teenie tiny sutffed animules? there is nothing not cute about this, he’s adorables!

52. Blucher!

53. charliewabba says:

Wait! come back! I was going to make espresso!

54. Juniper Jupiter says:

Hey, mercfoot, wasn’t the hump on the other side? :D

55. Nighty, night already? Taken one too many sedagives?

56. By far the cutest picture you’ve ever posted here.

57. superboymom says:

O-VAL-TINE???

58. No Tongue!

59. I’m trying so hard to get over my fear of rats and this place is helping a lot! This is one of the cutest animals pics ever. I cannot seem to get over that huge hairless tail that rats have. I’m okay until I see the tail, and then I involuntarily shudder and want to scream. By the way, how long do pet rats live?

60. he needs a Vincent Price voice.

Adorable!

61. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Sweet little dumbo. (That’s not an insult; that’s what they’re called when their ears on the side of their head like that.)

62. cheesybird says:

Annie, thanks for cluing me in! I had no idea that such a thing as a Dumbo Rat existed. I just thought little Igor (EYE-gor) had funny ears!

Looloobelle, like KBinTo and Theresa said, if you haven’t seen ‘Young Frankenstein’, get thee to a video store! You won’t be sorry! :D

“You know, I’ll never forget my old dad. When these things would happen to him… the things he’d say to me.”

“What did he say?”

“What the hell are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don’t you get out of there and give someone else a chance?”

63. wannadance says:

i thought that was one of those little chocolate teddy cookies and igor was nibbling it.

how do we know it’s not?
    anybody?

64. Oh dear. Most of those photos are adorable, but this one (http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5781240 ) worries me a little.

65. (Take the final ‘)’ off of that URL.)

66. fish eye no miko says:

Every time I think you guys have posted the Qtest thing ever, you come along and prove me wrong… [SQUEEEEE!!]

Abby Normal?

67. Yay! CO needs more ratties! XD

68. AWWWWWW

garwsh thats sweet!

69. Puttin’ on the Ritz!

70. It’s pronounced “eye-gore!” :P

That’s a wonderful pic.

71. Looloobelle says:

*clicks on the link Theresa handily posted for me*
    Ohhh I see. Sorry guys – I am an eeediot!
    Should that be eye-diot…? (Yeah probs not) :) x

72. I’m trying…but no spank you!

Cannot find the cuteness. Yet.

73. “What the hell are you doing in the bathroom day and night?”

If it’s Theo, he’s flex-ing!! (singsong)

74. Risha, no need to worry about that picture…

that rattie found the babie in the Mardi Gras King Cake!

He’s buying next year!

75. neigh! How cute! and it’s eegor.

76. he vass my boyfriend!

77. Sunnymum: not long at all. :( Three years old is pretty elderly.

I wonder what it is about the tails that bothers some people. Do you find them less freaky if they’re coloured? Some black rats have black tails, for instance.

Oh yes, and I do declare this is the cutest rat pic I did ever ever see. <3

78. That is the cutest little McRatterson I’ve ever seen… In combination with the tiny teddy, McRatterson is raising teh Qte to a potentially lethal level. We’d best hope that this picture does not fall into the wrong hands!

79. That is seriously just about the cutest thing ever.

PS Look closely at the little teddy; you will see he is clearly not a cookie. Where DO they get these tiny rat-toys? Maybe they are for dollhouses?

80. yay i love dumbo rats! and rats live an average of 2 years as pets, 6 months if they’re wild.

81. Gail (the first one) says:

“My grandfather used to work for your grandfather.”

“Oh, how…nice.”

“Of course, the rates *have* gone up!”

82. Is there a Mr. F nearby waiting for that tiny teddy?

83. OMG. I’m dead from the absolute adorable.

84. bookmonstercats says:

Dam’. Haven’t seen YF for years – they keep re-running Blazing Saddles here endlessly. To the DVD rental with me. Marty Feldman’s Igor is THE funniest creation evah.

85. *splode*

Wow. This photo and the rest on that website are dan-ger-ous!

I can’t get enough of those tiny grasping hands…

86. Ratties…lurve the ratties!! I’m so glad to see people learning that rats are sweet, gentle, intelligent and loving pets. We just lost our dear Petunia last week, she was just shy of three years old. I do wish they lived longer as well; I just can’t take the heartbreak of losing them so soon!

87. totalee puppy says:

NT Mel…”micro-snorgle his
    teddy” lol lol lol

88. kibblenibble says:

*sing-song* “Roll, roll, roll in ze hay!”

89. DO YOU WANT ME TO BRING MY TINY TEDDY?

90. Cutest picture posted here, ever. I had five pets rats and yeah, they die heartbreakingly young. They’re so smart and adorable though, hard to say I won’t raise more… that dumbo cutie is making me change my mind!

I’m pretty sure that for the pictures the photographer puts a little bit of tasty stuff on the instruments (honey maybe? ratties love honey) which prompts the rattie to lick it and fumble with it to find more. Couple that with a very, very, very talented photographer and you get the cutest pictures of ratties I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen lots!

91. AWWWW, I love dumbo rats!

92. And Holy Crap – how TINY is that teddy bear?!

*dies*

93. Martha in Washington says:

Why don’t ratties play trombones?–Not a joke. I’m just asking. Trombones are considered by band instructors to be an endangered instrument. Maybe if ratties played them more kids would play them too. Just a thought.

94. Loooove.
    Now I must go home and keeeess my own little ratties *leaves work at 9.25 am*

95. The ‘My Saxophone’ picture is the absolute best of all of them, the way it shows off their fabulous whiskers is breathtaking.

1. That is a dumbo, a breed with their ears on the sides not top.
    2. The minute they turned their backs, those props were chewed to bits! :D
    3. Rats tails are not completely hairless, but do not have proper fur on them because rats regulate their entire body heat through their tails. Sometimes when people learn their purpose, their tails don’t freak them out so much. There are tailless rats, but they are a horrible mutation that causes deathly health issues. That is why you rarely see them.
    4. Rats are super, duper AWESOME creatures – you just have to get to know them. Please always have at least two, and adopt them from local shelters and rescues. There are tonnes of homeless rats out there looking for families to love!

96. Kristabelle says:

This is a cute photo, but I love CO for all the YF references. Made my day!

Puttin’ on the Ritz is now on a loop in my head…

97. rubber duck says:

Tee hee! Great picture. And beautiful mini teddy! I have a brooch a friend made for me of a similar miniature teddy.

98. oh DEAR! what shall i ever do? the smeeshed up face on dee rat just made me LOL!

99. Fancy's Mum says:

OK – before I read other comments – I want to snuggle this little one! Did a really loud “awwwwww” when I managed to scroll down to this post. (Now off to read other comments!)

100. Fancy's Mum says:

101. Fancy's Mum says:

102. Fancy's Mum says:

103. Fancy's Mum says:

104. Fancy's Mum says:

105. Fancy's Mum says:

AND I miss my (at the time) new Husband’s rats: Duke and Earl – well Duke not so much (we just didn’t connect). Earl was a sweetie. I cared for him his last few months before he too went to the Bridge. I think he died of heartbreak (missing Duke). Both boys were just over three when they passed away.

106. Fancy's Mum says:

107. Fancy's Mum says:

108. Fancy's Mum says:

109. Fancy's Mum says:

110. Fancy's Mum says:

111. Love the Abby Normal ref…

112. I vill vishit him und zee if he iss vollowing in his grandfaddahs vootshtops.

113. Now I must watch YA…glad it’s on my shelf and not in some far away video store!

This picture made my head splode. ded.

114. “What knockers!”
    “OH, sank you, doctor!”

115. kibblenibble says:

Nanette: THAT is my fave YF quote! Oh yeah, AND :”He vood haf an enormous schvanstucher” “That goes without saying.”

116. I think this is my favorite CO post *ever*. Adorable picture? Young Frankenstein references?? WIN.

117. That crooked muzzle is my favorite part. Makes him/her look extra distinguished. Or old. This must be a teddy from a dollhouse, or else that’s one BIG rat.

118. Has anyone considered that this might be a normal-sized teddy bear with a GIANT rat? Not so cute then…

119. cheesybird says:

*ponders Kathy’s suggestion*

Nope. Still cute. Just cute on a Mega-scale!

120. Blossom Kat says:

This is the Qtest photo ever. And he is a great ambassador for ratkind.

121. omg this lil guy is completely ADORABLE!!