More C.O. Gardening Tips!

It’s an age-old question: "What kind of kitteh is right for my plants?"  Ask a dozen gardeners, you get a dozen theories.  Here at CuteLabs, we go for a simple formula:  With seedlings and other young plants, a loose kitten cover promotes rapid plant growth and friskiness;

I'll just leave you to ponder the concept of friskiness in plants.

Once plants have matured, they’re ready for the additional coverage of a full-sized kitteh.

Just TRY transplanting me, and you are SO scratched.

Yep, them’s some nice pics you dug up there, Diane D.

Comments

1. One things for sure, cat crap don’t make good manure. Stinky.

2. AuntieMame says:

I thought the orinj ones were poysin?

3. Those have been posted before. YAWN.

4. biscuithead says:

Kitteh as plant cozy.
    Niiice.

5. David (the first one) says:

I’m always surprised to see kittehs lying comfortably on top of dirt or gravel, because I thought they were fastidiously clean.

6. Too Cute!

7. The second photo is hilarious.

8. in these cold winter months, it’s important to cover one’s plants! smart gardeners prefer “kitteh-blankies”. the “kitteh- balnkiy” not only provides fashionable ground cover for your plants, “kitty blanky’s” self generated heat setting provides additional warmth when tempreatures drop to record lows. so contact your local retailer & get your “kitteh-blanky” today!

9. AuntieMame says:

Layla, did someone hold a gun to your head and make you look?

I didn’t think so.

[Also, only the top pic is a repeat. - Ed.]

10. This is a repost. Plz shape up

11. I don’t mind if pictures have been posted before. I new here, so they’re new to me.

12. “Someone warm them from below, till the rain comes tumbling down.”
    [clumsily hiding watering can behind back]
    [evil grin]

13. biscuithead says:

@Theo!

The Garden Song!

[Yep! Now hold still so I can water you... - Ed.]

14. Juniper Jupiter says:

Kittehs: GREAT Plant cozy!

As Miracle Gro? Not so much!

They’re kinda like Linus’s blanket around the pathetic Christmas tree…they’re just giving it a little luv! :)

15. Aye, Hon Glad, the neighbour cat has ruined my little garden and the crocus bulbs all look distinctly ill.

16. awww… how can i get my kitties to sleep in my plants? :)

17. I was reading this entry and thought to myself, “Not that Mike must have written this, it’s so clever.” Nice work, my friend.

18. “Frisky” plant, NYMTOM? That would worry me. Make me think of “Feed me, Seymour!”

19. PS I was just through cold snaps in Florida, and these days, they water the plants and let a layer of ice form on them. Sounds counter-intuitive, but the ice around them keeps them at 32F, doesn’t get lower, and they’re fine.

20. Awwww, couldn’t we PLEASE have a little lip-hance for the marmie on the left? I theenk I see leetle peenk leeps.

21. This may just be the cutest post I’ve ever seen on here – and I’ve been an avid follower for a year or so now! :) LOVE EET!

22. Riolinda, it’s not hard, just leave them on the bed. Oh, you said PLANTS.

23. What kind of kitten makes a good deer repellent?

24. Janet in Cambridge says:

Layla, sweetheart, I’ve never seen these before and I’m not yawning.

Only a kitty can be comfortable wrapped around a plant. I know, I have a kitty.

25. Its adorable, and the kitteh is comfortable…but has anyone asked the plant if he likes it? ;)

26. Anne Boleyn says:

David (the first one). Most dirt and gravel are not dirty,

27. Gail (the first one) says:

@BabyMamaHeather: It’s scientifically proven that plants with kitteh blankets grow 47 times better than plants without (as long as there’s a “This Is Not Your Litter Box” sign).

28. David (the first one) says:

@metsakins – Oh, a fluffy white one will do – http://www.rodharrison.com/Bucks/images/interestingPics/cat_chase_deer1.jpg

@Anne Boleyn – That’s right. Thanks for reminding me, I believe dirt was a regular part of my daily diet growing up. Although I never intentionally licked them off my hands.

29. scooterpants says:

juniper jupiter
    if they are anything like cats i have had, they wore themselves completely out ripping the crap outta that plant and EATING it, then they plopped themselves down in the dirt and are giving each other congratulatory kissies for a job well done.
    then, nap time.
    oh, and i havent ever had a cat that didnt like potting soil, yummy!

30. Hmmm…so what is it about the black mulch that makes it double the potency of the marmie mulch?

31. I looooooooove when cats curl up like that! How can you look at those pics and not love cats?? Aw.

32. berthaservant says:

Marmies needing pothab.

Someone saw into my dreams again.

I love you C.O.

33. Jennie Mello says:

My plants look a little raggedy after my cat “tends” them. It involved chewing off the leaves and ingesting.

34. @Jennie Mello
    Then pucks the plant parts up on your bed

35. Maybe these kitties are just protecting the plants against the crazy digging puppy in yesterday’s post…

36. Do you see the person in the bottom right corner of the screen? Made of a water droplet? Cool!

[Wait a minute, you mean on the second pic? That's no droplet, that's somebody's watermark. Looks like a cartoon piggy to me. Also makes me wonder where the sender-inner got this photo. Anyway, good eye... - Ed.]

37. That’s some good purr-tilizer you’re using!
    He he he.

38. I didn’t know that kitties and gardens could work together. But they sure do look cute. :)

39. Wow very cute kitten. Can I have one?

40. Wow very cute kitten. Can I have one?

41. Wow very cute kitten. Can I have one?

42. Wow very cute kitten. Can I have one?

43. Wow very cute kitten. Can I have one?

44. Wow very cute kitten. Can I have one?

45. HRHQueenCat says:

awwwwwww, so cute and so furrrrmiliar …

I have a potted kitteh, too – it’s Angel in Brisbane, Australia :)

46. i wish i had a kitty to sit in my houseplants and keep them warm and make them grow so big and beautiful.

47. wannadance says:

without you, NOMTOM, those would just be pics.

with you, they are life.

we luv heeeeeeeem….

48. I saw some of this action at my place this week. Should I be considering pot hab?

49. January — check your local statutes in re: controlled substances.

50. plants always grow better with kitty warmers!

51. catloveschanel says:

I sent this to our local gardening star and this is what he said.,,

Hi Cat,

Well this about knocked me out of my chair. I love it. Please consider sending it to pics@nwcn.com. I wouldn’t be surprised if it would get picked as ‘Ciscoe’s Viewer, Plant of the Week’ on my Friday night TV show on Northwest Cable News.

Either way, thanks for sending it, and don’t forget to eat your brussels sprouts.

Ciscoe

52. That is some good Furtalizer

53. Awww!

54. I’d like to buy the 2nd plant. Does anyone know where I can get those? Does it come in calico?

55. Is anyone else going to the Philadelphia Flower Show? I’m so excited!

Wonderful planter cozyies here, I’ll be sure to pick up a couple. No,, wait, Killer will not be pleased.

56. @david (the first one)

will check the local humane society although I suspect those are in high demand where I live.

57. BlackKittiesRmyfriends says: