Duress Rehearsal

Will you hammies puh-leeze get organized!  This show opens in three days!  Now, let’s take it again from the top: a-five, six, seven, eight…

Ooof!  Ouch!  Yer on my foot!  Cuttit OUT!

♫ "One… singular sensation, every little step she takes…" ♫

(Psst!  In the foreground!  Get out of the shot before Christian Bale sees you!)

I see what you did for love there, Laurie N.

Comments

1. Would love to see the hammies doing high kicks in a row. The one in the front still looks a little lost.

2. Kristabelle says:

A Chorus Line reference!

I can do that!!!

3. biscuithead says:

That second hover text is killer!
    LOL!

4. Nice ‘Chorus Line’ refs there!
    Cute little hammies!
    Perhaps they are the rodent Von Trapp family- seven children, yes? Doe, a deer… and all.

5. Aww! They’re adorable! I am fostering a mom and 14 baby hams in my office right now. They’ve still got their leetle eye capsules closed!

6. Now everything is beautiful at the ballet.

7. Not even Bale would chew out that hamster. Chew *on,* maybe.

8. Von Zeppelin says:

The foreground hamster just had a conversation with the stage manager: “The star just broke her ankle. Get out there and knock ‘em dead, kid.” (Chorus hamsters are jealous, but male juvenile lead hamster is dazzled.)

9. OMG!!! SO CUTE!!

10. Duress rehearsal. *snark* Only Mike….

I am overcome by the beady eyes and pink nose factor.

11. God I hope I get it, I hope I get it! How many hamsters does he need?

12. I love the little black hammie, use to have one.

13. balamuthia says:

Haha! Hey, hamster, do you want me to come over there and trash your lights??!

Very adorable, and hovertext WIN!

14. That is right Von Zepplein,he just stuffed is shoes with extra socks and ran seven blocks in nothing flat, too!

Don’tcha just love gumption?
    14 baby hammies? Oh, my heart quivers at the thought! Figure out what gender the are soon- and give them separate bedrooms, quick!

15. Second hovertext is great. Haha! Cute hammies.

16. T*ts and *ss
    Bought myself a fancy pair.
    Tightened up the derriere.
    Did the nose with it.
    All that goes with it.

17. So freaking funny! Christian Bale ref…BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

18. scooterpants says:

the little guy in the right lower corner is just TOO hilarious.
    he doesnt want to be in your musical.
    you may hand him ova, I will care for him very well thankyou.

19. I can just imagine them singing…”We welcome you to, lolipop land, to lolipop land, to lolipot laaaand!”…
    Cute!

20. Rachel Schneider says:

aww, I love the tortie colored one!

21. Dexter Fishmore says:

You’re a nice guy, NMTOM, but we’re f#*&ing done professionally.

22. OK everybody, jazz hams! And no chewing the scenery.

23. AuntieMame says:

Heh! At least C. Bale had the grace to be embarrassed and apologize.

And can you imagine seven hammie-sized temper tantrums?

24. The front Ham has just come from downstairs where Terrence Mann told her to get her a** upstairs to which she replied “Why is it only my a** that gets invited places?” :) (my favorite quote from the movie)

25. Oops, spelling error “wich” should be “which”. That’s what happens with only 3 hours sleep.

26. Chronic Sender-Inner says:

Well, I can kiss today goodbye ;) I’ve got that song thoroughly embeded in my head. I guess it’s better than being an ice cream cone though huh?

(seen that movie too much.)

27. HAHAHA little one in front on the right! Wut?

28. Please no dancing hamsters. We’re only seeing singing hamsters today.

29. Right before I saw this post, my husband pointed me to this interactive hamster:

Coincidence?

30. All the dancing hammies on the left and all the singing hammies on the right!

31. When they work together it’s much better.

32. Chorus: ♫ Germany was having trouble, what a sad, sad story / Needed a new leader to restore her former glory, ♫

Men: ♫ Where, oh where, was he? ♫

Women: ♫ Where could that ham be? ♫

Chorus: ♫ We looked around, and then we found the ham for you and me, / aaaaand noooowwww iiiiiiiit’s… ♫

Chorus: ♫ Springtiiiiime for Hamster in Ger-MA-neeeeeeee… ♫

(etc.)

33. NTMTOM, I’m not a madam, I’m the concierge!!!

34. @Theresa: Boids! You used to be able to sit on the front step like a person! Not any more! BOIDS!

35. Filthy, disgusting, lice-ridden BOIDS!

And by the way, what is this “baby”? Der Führer has never said “baby”.

36. Best. Hovertext. EVER.

37. You are zhe sender-inner — I am zhe author; I OUTRANK YOU!

38. You vill please be unconscious. ;)

39. Aw, the little one in front is simply bedazzled by the bright lights! See the cute little smile she has as she gazes out into the darkness? Actually, she looks a bit like Mae West with that expression!!

40. *THUD!!!* (becomes unconscious)

41. Downstage right is a TOTAL “ham” – in every sense of the word. Coincidentally, tonight is opening night for the show I’M in…

You couldn’t have uploaded a more apropos post.

42. (dances around unconscious NTMTOM) Step step kick turn!

43. OMGS that is priceless! Those hammies absolutely pin the adorable-o-meter, and those captions are brilliant!

44. I was thinking more along the lines of, “Another Op’nin, Another Show”

45. Theresa and NTMTOM, so sorry I missed the Producers thread! My brother and I can’t hear the word “concierge” without cracking up. And now I’ve got Springtime for Hitler in my brain (don’t be stupid, be a smarty…”).

Oh – and I agree, awesome hovertext on second photo.

46. Not too late for you to join in, Amy! I mean, did you know, I never knew the Third Reich meant Germany! It’s just loaded with historical goodies like that!

47. Gail (the first one) says:

@Theresa & NTMTOM: That whole third act has GOT to GO! I mean, it’s depressing…they’re losing the war!

And,
    “Throw out your hands,
    Stick out your tush,
    Hands on your hips,
    Give ‘em a push…
    Voila! You’re doing the French Mistake…”

48. Gail (the first one) says:

@AmyJ: I have the same affliction with concierge (I’m the ConSeeUrge!)

49. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(gasp) Rodolfo, you dirty pig! Pull over.

50. Gail (the first one) says:

@Theresa: Did you bring the checkie?

51. Hold me, touch me! No, wait that was for Valentine’s Day.

52. Gail,

Twenty-five years ago my father wanted to go to the movies. He told his sister and bil that he “felt like a Western. Blazing Saddles must be a western.”

They still haven’t forgiven him.

53. Awww! So cute! Baby hamsters are so precious.

54. berthaservant says:

Und now…prezzzentink….

ze CABARET GIRLS….

Rosie! Lulu! Frenchie! Texas! Fritzie! Und Helga!

Each and every one….a wirgin!!

You do not beleef me?

Vell do not take my vord for it….watch Helga….hahahahahahahahaha…..

55. What good is sitting
    All alone in your room?
    Come hear the music play.
    Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
    Come to the CABARET!!!

(takes a Liza Minelli bow)

56. Ha! I love the hammie in front looking STRAIGHT at the camera! (Steal focus much?) There’s one in every chorus line.

57. A stroll through Broadway was never as much fun as this! I don’t even have to walk! (Limp)

Danke, Merci, Thank you!

Bleibe, reste, stay – und zagen…

58. And we can segue right back into “Blazing Saddles”
    “Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome, c’mon in.”

59. Gail (the first one) says:

Let’s face it….everythink below the vaist is KAPUT!

60. They give you Byron and Shelley
    And jump on your belly
    And bust your balloons!

61. FredZeCloud says:

now all i need is an Annie ref for my schools spring musical.

Their beady little eyes in the second pic remind me of the opener “Maybe”

Maybe far away,
    or maybe real near by,
    he may be pouring her coffee,
    she may be straitening his tie…..

62. :O

I *adore* hamsters, and srsly, those hamsters are beyond the realms of acceptable cuteness! ^_^

63. FingerlinTaters says:

Smile! Aaaaaaand jazz paws!

64. Squek! I love it everytime you post hammies photos up on CO Meg! XDXD

65. Gail (the first one) says:

@Kar: Great story!! I can just *imagine* the comments…..!!!!

66. My little one died a year ago today. This little photo gave me the hope that once again I can love another little one as I did her.

67. Um, yes, I am talking about a hammie … her name was Peaches – the most beautiful and most well bahaved hammie in all of Oregon state!

68. This post cracks me up. Specially mouseover on second pic… :-D

69. I’m the human who belonged to the pictured baby hamsters. They’re all long gone to loving homes, except for the two who stayed with me. I miss cuddling them by the handful.

70. Dance: 10

Looks: 3

Cuteness: 12.5

71. I would’ve responded with lines from my all-time favorite show, but all the good ones are already taken!

I repeatedly bow at your feet for using ACL. With hamsters.