Junior Snailio Sniffs an Eye Stalk

Before our friend Snailio Iglesias goes out on his next adventure, he stops to sniff Mom’s eye stalk.

Sniff Sniff.

SNORRRRRF

Downloadedfile

SUPER GROSS EYE STALK ENHANCE!

Supergross

Um, thanks for sending, Uncle Wire [shifty eyes]

Comments

1. SOOO SLLIIIMMMYYYY!!!

2. Cleary, Eye Contact is very important in snailio communication…

3. I love the way Mom has one eye extended way out, and the other shortened to look at Baby. It’s the ultimate Looking Askance!

4. Failboat 9000 says:

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!

It >really< looks like the lil snail d00d is givin his mama a lil *smek* on the cheek before he goes to school.....

We need a Photoshopectomy, stat! :*
    ^_~

5. eye contact like a fist bump?

ew!

6. SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!

7. ‘Bye sweetie, have a good day at school.’
    ‘Love you mum!’ (smacks a wet kiss on mum’s cheek).

8. Holy moly! I’ve never seen such a tiny snail! I love it!

9. Mom looks a little grossed out too.

10. (Great minds, Failboat 9000…)

11. That giant snail icks me. Reminds me of the ones in Okinawa that imported supposedly for protein for the soldiers.

Dewd, if a snail is so big you can get filets, it’s too big.

12. aw so cute. lil snail looks like he’s smooching mama snail.

13. OH Yucky!

14. Failboat 9000 says:
  15. Von Zeppelin says:

Momsnail to Junior: “Be sure to look both ways simultaneously before you cross the street.”

16. @Failboat — Is that an Elmo backpack he’s wearing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

17. Failboat;

The little backpack makes the pic! Hee.

18. Maybe Gee-ross! ????
    Anytime I see a snail I just want to pick him up and move him about a foot further down his path.. yah know.. just to save him an hour…

19. CUTE! I want a snail. ‘specially after that one post with the snail sweater. I mean, talk about redonk

20. Failboat that is awesome.

W00T!!!

21. Failboat – that is adorable! He has a tiny Doraemon strapped to his shell!! I love Doraemon!

22. balamuthia says:

AH!SO CUTE! I love the snails- and this is a really cute moment between a beebee and it’s parent!

Also, Failboat wins the thread!

23. Meg is back, yay ! Missed you. *snail-ey smooch*

Failboat and V.Z. : ekthellent commenths both.

Snalio love ! So cute.

24. morgie dee says:

Ok. Cute. Really. I know i should probably not think this about snailio, but… ESCARGOT.

OK. so no cute snails before lunch, please.

25. Nik – “Eye Contact” – hilarious!

26. Kristabelle says:

“Look both ways simultaneously…” !!!! hahaha Killed me!

27. Ick! (Just found a slug trail in the study UPSTAIRS. Sorry)

28. *whispers* “Mooommyyyy… can I have som bwektazt???”

Mama snail lifts her head and stretches eyes all scrambled outta place… *yawn*

29. cheesybird says:
  30. tracyflick says:

EWWWWWWW! Ew ew ew ew ew no no ew! No.

31. those aren’t the eye tentacles! This is damn cute but not anatomically accurate. Only the upper tentacles have eyes.

32. Awwwwwww! Aw aw aw aw aw aw yes yes aw! Yes!

33. Boomer's Babysitter says:

So, if the lower tentacles aren’t eyestalks, what are they? What is the mini snailio doing to the “mama?” Y’know, it could be “daddy,” too, one never knows, if one is not a snail.

34. so funny!

35. fish eye no miko says:

@Failboat 9000: OMG, you even gave him a little backpack! That’s awesome! Heehee…

36. This is the most precious thing I have seen all day. I’m tearing up it’s so cute… :D

37. Ok, it was already way too cute, and then failboat had to go all “make Jen squee loudly enough for co workers to hear”….LOVE IT!

38. The lower ones are probably “feelers”… so the mama is about to check if the little one has a fever… cm’ere!

39. Boomer’s Babysitter : I theenk every snail is both a mommy and a daddy but need to check. Believe they’re hermaphrodites.

40. Gail (the first one) says:

@Failboat: That is the BEST!!!!!!

That babeh snailio just turns Mama into a big ol’ puddle of goo…..oh, wait.

41. @Failboat: Love the Doremon backpack! You are my hero.

42. AuntieMame says:

Hahahaha! Failboat, I love the little snail backpack. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

43. Mackenzie B says:

So yucky, yet so cute.

44. This is pushing it maybe, but okay I’ll go along. Cuuute.

45. Lovely close-up! extreme scale difference should be a major rule of cuteness! ♥

46. Boomer's Babysitter says:

“puddle of goo…” great, First Gail, now I look certifiably loony laughing at snails on the computer screen. Awesome!

And, I do believe Poohbear is correct about snail gender. Basic animal biology facts are seeping up through the sand, here…

47. Graceofbass says:

Snails are so cute! And itty bitty baby snails are even cuter!

48. Yes, they’re hermaphrodites. They’re also into kinky stuff. Isabella Rossellini has an educational and surreally explicit short film about it, one of a series of facts-of-insect/mollusk-life shorts she made for Sundance one year. I’d post a link here, but someone’s junior sunday school class president would follow the link and lose her innocence… and I’d never forgive myself.

49. dharlan1too says:

“You behave now. I’ve got my eye-feeler-things on you!”

50. totalee puppy says:

As Hon Glad would say, “Just a few more blows and she’ll be fully
    inflated.”

51. GAHHH!!! How wee is Snailio Jr?

52. Wee indeed, Subhi. Wee indeed.

53. Give me some slime son and I’ll clean your shell.

54. SNAILIO EYE-BLORP!

55. That is actually very cute. And Failboat 9000’s picture is going into my wallpaper collection. ;-)

56. Not all snails are hermaphrodites. Some types have differentiated genders (gonochoristic), some are ambisexual (they can switch, but are never both at once) and some are parthogenetic (they do not need fertilization to reproduce)…still most are hermaphrodites…
    sorry…i may have ruined the cute.

And now you knw

57. 1) I love snailios. 2) I even love sluggios. 3) Great picture! An animal too often missed when ‘cute’ is the topic.

Do they hatch from their eggs? With a shell already formed or does that happen after a while? Youth wants to know!

58. most that I know of hatch from eggs with a shell but they are so small that both snail and shell are translucent and nearly microscopic.

There are snails that give birth to live young as well but I have no idea how developed the young are when they emerge.

59. Kristabelle says:

Linty – I hear the NBC “The More You Know” music in th background… thanks for the edumacation!

60. That’s actually not the eye stalk, the smaller ones are for smelling, the big ones are eye stalks. So that’s more like nose rubbins. I shut up now.

61. Linty. Gonochoristic, I’m impressed, I’m a sucker for long unusuall words.

62. tallgeekygirl says:

*And now you knw*

And knowing is half the battle!

(Geee Eye Joooooooooe)

63. I like the large snail’s muffin-top.

64. Subhangi — my question is, how ginorm is mama snalio?

[Abnorm ginorm, Anner - Ed.]

65. anner- Thread jack-
    March 22th, at the ACES school on Audubon Street, 11-2:00 the CCCYO will be attending workshops and playing from 2:OO or so. I hope you and other New Haven/CT/based Peeps can come!

Thank you, now back to the big, enormous, gigantic, monumental snalios; and the tiiiiiny little one.

66. berthaservant says:

well, matchingks, for the record.

cute. but scary?

67. Snailio Iglesius!!! I love him.

68. And I learnt a lot of stuff from this thread too. Thanks to everyone! I mean it.