Snorer Junior

Check out these two morsels napping away in all that upholstered paisley sunbeam action.

Yeah we’re gonna naphance on that mofo:

Cocxu

Ellen L., did you arrange them like this? Are you trying to compete with Wegman or something?

Comments

1. What a sweet pair!! That iglet puppy looks like a mini weimaraner.

2. Jennie Mello says:

I obviously should be working. But, guys, I think I will just squeeze in here with you. thx.

3. So wonderful for a Monday Morning. Somehow the paisleys put it over the top.

4. I want to play with their puppychops and tickle their toesies!

5. Totem dogs. Now saving 20% more space than non-totem dogs. Also, 75% cuter! Can’t go wrong with those numbers!

6. Looloobelle says:

If I could just…grab that…miniature…elbow chub….ahh, that’s made my Monday. G’bye folks! My work here is done.

7. OK, this is really too much. But no mention of rule #7 and an almost #40?

8. Awwwww! That mamma dog puts the “Ma” in “WeiMAraner.”

9. I smell matchingks!!!!!!!

10. stellasmom says:

Still trying to decipher breed of nubbulous puppitude.

11. Awww. Speechless.

12. Does anyone else hear the William Tell Overture in their heads? Not the exciting “Lone Ranger” part, the peaceful “Ranz des Vaches” English horn solo part.

(PS Katrina, could you refuse the William Tell Overture?)

13. This isn’t just matchingks, it’s a LESSON in matchingks.

May I nom them please?

14. Fractal pups!

15. Sleeping sweeties with knobbly feeties.

16. (pushes glasses to end of nose to create scientific look)
    Ok folks, no need to panic, I’ll have this growth removed STAT!
    (grabs velveteen puppeh & runs)

17. :: speechless ::

18. Mini-me

19. Von Zeppelin says:

Sleeping in a stack like that is technically known as “Weimaraning.”

20. certified cutologist says:

i can just hear big HONK-SHU! and one little honk-shu…

21. On rare occasions, kitties do this too. Then it’s called “Catamaraning”.
    Unless it ever happens at sea, because y’know, too confusing.

22. biscuithead says:

Must.
    Nom.
    Leetle.
    Toesies!

23. holligans says:

Lovely photo, appreciate the bonus naphancement. Plus “morsel” is one of my most favorite words.

24. That made my morning! How totally adorable.
    *snuggles in to share nap*

25. Oh so cute and snuggly! I would have to say that is an Itallian greyhound napping on that weimaraner! I want to squeeze them!!!

26. Von Zeppelin says:

@Renee–That’s not just a mini-Weimaraner? Interesting that these dog owners got the “Mini-me” copy of their big dog. I wonder if they also have a gray-furred Great Dane to complete the set.

27. Italian grey hound? I thought it was a Weimerainer puppeh. Napping between singing sessions…

28. I don’t think “without reverence” sounds right in that Austen ad. Somebody tell them they must mean
    “without reservation”. It bugs.

29. SunbeamNapper says:

Paunchie, the ad is for an Austen-based book, not an actual Asten book, and so anyone who reads it must be willing to suspend Janeite reverence. Hope that reduces the bugging. Now back to our regularly scheduled sunbeam napping.

30. Mary (the first) says:

I almost missed the little one at first! I would so love to push my nose into their tummies and snuffle.
    My cat lays on top of me like this but we do not look nearly as gorgeous.

31. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Is it really another breed and not a puppy?! Either way, it’s super-cute. Want the little one, so we can grow up together. What? I’m already grown up? Sez who?!

32. Boomer's Babysitter says:

33. Boomer's Babysitter says:

34. Boomer's Babysitter says:

35. Boomer's Babysitter says:

36. Boomer's Babysitter says:

37. GAHHHHH the tiny dog…can’t breathe….*dies*

38. Is that dog pink on anyone else’s screen? What the hayle? I larf it.

39. It is indeed a seperate breed. The little one is a Italian Greyhound. They are known for their parachute ears and spindly legs where weimeys have that great floppity velveteen ginormous floppage of ear leather and a nice chicken drummy-ness to their rear sitcks. We have the weimey, we wanted and Iggy, we got a long haired wah-wah due to odd circumstances. I love how they match so well. We rescued a female weimy and at the foster home there was an Iggy that matched. I almost stole her.
    Weimeys are suped smart and very much the trouble maker! Anyone who has had one has stories. Even so. I love the breed and want a farm full of them!

40. Now, Theresa, if I told you it would be the “Kiss and Tell Overture”.

41. compy-saur says:

“naphance”???

I like!

42. That is so lovely! So relaxed, so secure – I think they love each other.

43. fish eye no miko says:

Someone totally needs to make a Website with nothing but animals sleeping on top of other animals…

44. Katrina, snerk!

Iggies and Weimies seem to have a lot in common. Those tangly, curled-up limbs!

45. PS “Weimaraner” is spelled correctly in the hovertext. It means “Someone from Weimar (Germany).”

46. Kristabelle says:

Too adorable! Makes me want to snuggle up right there beside them. No worries, I’ll sleep on the edge…

47. Cuteness aside, I love it when Meg says “mofo.”

48. I got snerked by Theresa, I got snerked by Theresa!

No the correct spelling is Weimerheimeraneranheraner.

49. Johhhhhn Jacob Weimaranar Schmidt, his name is my name toooooo…

50. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww…………….. ..goes on forever..

I have a Weimaraner named Hazel; she should totally be on CuteOverload! n_n

I’m seriously loving all the Weim posts/videos lately. More WEIMARANER, nao plz!

51. They’re spooooning!

52. Von Zeppelin says:

@Theresa–So, you’re saying these dogs are from the Weimar Republic? They must be the kind of Germans who made expressionist films and hung around in the cabarets and flew in zeppelins. They seem much to nice to be Nazis.

53. How cute! If everyone could nap like that we’d have no more war in the world. :)

54. A is for “awwwwww”
    (your local library totally has a copy of that)

55. Barfing rainbows here.. watch yer step.

56. Oh my… Iggy looks like a little monkey.

57. Yes, Von Zep, and here we see ze runaway hyper-pupflation. Offer on ze left, ve see von Sternberg directing die Dietrich in a zeen frrrrom zere next mooffie, mit ze moozik frrom Paul Hindemith und Kurt Weill.

58. @ VonZeppelin: Breed standards for Weimaraners were developed in the 1800s, very similar dogs are reported to have existed in the 1200s (this obviously predates Nazi Germany). How could a dog be Nazi, anyway?

The little ‘un is definitely not a Weimaraner puppy, he’s far too thin and his ears aren’t Weimaraner ears. He could be a whippet puppy, but I think the Italian Greyhound suggestion is right.

59. milkfilledandroid says:

oh! way to live it up in nappomattox!

60. I bet they smell dee-lic-ious-ness…like sleepy babies!

61. Thank you, Meg, for posting another Weim! That makes 2 in 2 weeks, doesn’t it? Nice to see the weimaraner getting its fair share of cute appreciation. After all, the breed is especially well-adapted to the pleading eyes:

62. It was the marketing department’s decision to have the dogs come in Grape and Cran-Apple. The focus groups didn’t go for Lemon-Lime.

63. Similar. Not congruent. :)