Milhouse we talked about this.

TenderHeart Bear or whatever that thing is not going to the vet this time.

Just drop it, Milhouse.

Drop it.

Photo

WHy am I imagining Milhouse "Rrrr Rrrrr Rrrrr"-ing and shaking his head like it’s friggin’ Shark Week, Sherry V.?

Comments

1. But if he comes with me to the vet, I’ll be less scared.

2. Isn’t that Loyal Heart Dog? Poor Milhouse!

3. Yeah, I’d think you’d want to use every trick available to make the vet visit smoother. Catnip mousie, lining the kitty carrier with the t-shirt you’ve been sleeping in, a good talking-to from Massimo “The Drooler” Mastiff…

4. BRAAAIINNNSSSSS……..om nom nom nom.

5. No, that be Swift Heart Rabbit (I thinks). I’m more concerned about Millhouse though, that glare is unreal! I feel frightened!

6. What is that thing? Some kind of Carebear rip off?

7. Awwe poor Milhouse, let Loyal Heart come with him.

8. Loyal Heart Rabbit is a “Care Bear Cousin” – not a rip-off, just an extension of the original :)

9. Kultgirl — not a rip-off. It’s “Care Bear Cousin” Loyal Heart Dog.

10. Jinx, Ophelia.

11. Unless you cancel the vet, the Rabbit, gets it.

12. I had a kitty who carried around a stuffed mouse slipper. Usually it ended up in some…umm…kitty-on-mouse lovin’.

13. I feel like I would get injured in some way if I tried to take that carebear cousin away from that cat right now.

14. Well, if I was talking, I’d obey it, Theo ;) But I should have said “Loyal Heart Dog”, not “Loyal Heart Rabbit” — it’s Swift Heart Rabbit, my bad. Er, I mean, that’s the rabbit’s name, but this plush is Loyal Heart Dog.

15. Awww, Milhouse looks just like my cat Monkey! Cutie pie! :)

16. I ain’t takin’ it from heem! No way! (good one Hon Glad)

17. Methinks Mil house wants the creature as comfort for when the veterinarian gives Mil house the shot.

18. I think the people here agree: Let Milhouse (what a name, Meg! You rock!) take Loyal Heart Dog to the vet with him. The two are inseperable. One needs friends. And these two are best buddies.

19. (the original) Mel says:

The facial expression on the rabbit, as opposed to the facial expression of the cat, is devastating. Devastating I tell you.

20. Ahhh, we used to have a cat named Milhouse.

21. Thank you, Original Mel. That’s what I was thinking. It looks scared!

22. PeppaMama says:

No kidding, that bunny is all “PLS, LETGO LETGO LETGO”.

23. ShelleyTambo says:

This guy looks like my girl, except the Loyal Heart Dog. My kit LOVES the vet–so much that they have a hard time listening to her heartbeat over the purring.

24. Are you sure it’s Milhouse that’s going to the vet ?
    Maybe he’s just taking the plush whatever it is to the vet! With 5 kittens in my house “Shark Week” seems like amateur hour.

25. …won’t somebody think of the Loyal Heart Dogs??

26. my little beagle abbie shakes the hell out of her stuffed turtle like that, holds it by the head and all. today i’ve got to sew the head back on. the stuffing is coming out and she tries to eat it, so we had to take turtle away for a little while. she’s sad without it. :(

27. The motion blur on Milhouse’s ears indicate that they’re mid-swivel. Things are about to get a whole lot worse for the manic psycho beardog.

28. What is it with black cats looking so hateful? Mine also look possesed by the devil when viewed from that angle. Of course, Petey *is* a hateful creature – I’m not sure he has a soul.

29. berthaservant says:

Everything’s comin’ up Milhouse!!!

By the way, if Milhouse were a well-known linguist, his name would be Nom Chompsky.

(P.S. That joke came to me in a dream last night and I vowed to use it on the first relevant C.O. post).

:: invisible evil nom tag ::

30. winglessfae says:

I think it’s hilarious how many of us know the genus and species of that stuffed animal. It is, in fact, Loyal Heart Dog. Care Bear cousins rule. So does Milhouse.

31. I love this picture but even more to the point

LOL Look at the website I found

Yes it is safe for work

Planet Carebears

HEHehehe
    And I can now safely say yes this is Loyal heart Dog.

32. Awww Milhouse. I’ll hold your hand for you.

33. Wow, popped in for a visit and I find two cats on CO that look just like my two cats. Milhouse looks my Gabriel, and Nacho Gato looks like my Dante (minus the mask). Gabriel even fetches objects, so he often looks like Winston’s pic (no care bears around my pad tho…)

34. OMG- Loyal Heart Dog plush was only made for a small time and not widely available. My parents and I collected carebear items for my entire childhood – we have over 300 plush and well over 1500 items including a tricycle, high chair, and soap maker – but we do not have a Loyal Heart Dog. My heart breaks for this plush..

35. He’s gotta grow up sometime. Can’t take Loyal Heart Dog with him to college!!!!!

…or maybe he can. annnnnhhhhhh.

36. Our dear departed kitteh Bob used to have a teddy bear he carted around like that. We called it “Mr. Cuddles.”

37. nae…
    whoa.

38. I can hear my son’s voice saying ‘…but I WANT to take it.’

39. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Plush looks like it has a headache. Maybe after the trip to the vet for the cat, a trip to the bath/mending kit is in store for the plush.

40. Boomer's Babysitter says:

41. Boomer's Babysitter says:

42. Boomer's Babysitter says:

43. Boomer's Babysitter says:

44. Boomer's Babysitter says:

45. essensual says:

How adorable! My…what big eyes you have…

46. hahahha.. Sasha does that to the swiffer duster when ever I leave it out.. lol

47. @Berthservant. So it’s Nom Chomsky? I always thought it was No-Arm Chomsky (being English, it made perfect phonetic sense what with us dropping our “r”s).

48. Loyal Heart Dog!!

49. ShelleyTambo says:

Kallisto–the real name is Noam Chomsky (no R), “Nom” and “Chomp” referring to kitteh’s biting.

Our dog’s name is Chomsky, and yes, he’s named after Noam. But when most people hear it, they think it’s “Chompsky” (with a P), in part because, yes, the dog looks and sounds vicious enough to rip your face off (http://www.fosterdiary.com/?p=4 ). So then I have to explain the spelling and who Noam Chomsky is.

50. ShelleyTambo says:

Damn. Sorry, ignore previous link. Stupid punctuation. http://www.fosterdiary.com/?p=4

51. Milhouse. What a great name!

52. I’m loving the glimpse of claws down at the lower right of the pic…

53. Chroel Underbridge says:

berthaservant,
    Nim Chimpsky was a chimpanzee — not a well-known linguist! Maybe you got confused because Nim was used (by linguists) for animal communication studies.

54. Mary (the first) says:

I love the look on his face, “Do not, I repeat, NOT, try to take this toy. You have been warned!”

55. Looks just like my Chloe!!!

56. My cat will drag small stuffed animals around the house and moan with them in his mouth.

57. Oh,kitty kitty! Milhouse gets to take it with him! When I went with my mom and four cats to the vet when they got their vaccines (as a kid), I burst into tears. The vet said, “that hurt you more than the cats”! True. They were fine.

58. I love how his muzzlepowshe curls around Loyal Heart Dog’s head. Such determination to hold on! Milhouse has a serious case of ‘mine’.

59. berthaservant says:

Lol Crowel (I think that was your name, you’re on the previous page…about Nim Chimpsky…)

60. Awwww, Milhouse is adorable – I love those ears!!

61. Awwww, Milhouse is adorable – I love those ears!!

62. Awwww, Milhouse is adorable – I love those ears!!

63. Awwww, Milhouse is adorable – I love those ears!!

64. Awwww, Milhouse is adorable – I love those ears!!

65. Awwww, Milhouse is adorable – I love those ears!!

66. “Nim Chimpsky” the chimpanzee was named after the famous linguist Noam Chomsky. I think the researchers were trying to disprove some of Chomsky’s ideas.

67. Doxylover79 says:

Let the kitty take the bear. NOW!

68. That’s not necessarily an angry face. One of my kittehs makes that face when he’s hyper and racing around with his favorite toy in his mouth. Our kat is having a good time when we see it.

I do like to believe that Milhouse’s ears are the result of him thinking, “Don’t be thinkin’ of touchin’ mah bear. I kilz for you for bear touches.”

69. That’s the Care Bear Cousin – Loyalheart Dog! You people should know better!

70. this made me laugh! as a nanny, i’ve had similar conversations many times. “we’ve talked about this, john, and you’re not bringing lightning mcqueen and his half-dozen friends to the grocery store, so just put them down!” hehe animals are like little people sometimes.

71. That’s Loyal-heart Dog. How can you be a bastion of cuteness and not know your Care Bears! You need remedial lessons, go to this YouTube channel and watch lots of cartoons! http://ca.youtube.com/profile?user=cb82fan&view=videos

72. lol@ nae

Sad thing is I’m right there with you. I own nearly all of the 80’s versions of the Care Bears that were released in the US. Loyal Heart Dog is one we don’t have. (In fact I don’t think he was released stateside but I could be wrong.) So yeah mourning that plush too.

73. Holy cow. I’ve never seen a picture of a cat that looked so much like my boy. Creepy. Oh and gorgeous!

74. Marianne of Georgia says:

Warning! Warning! It’s “cukoo-eyes” time! All in- and animate objects are in grave danger! Lurkensproingen is iminent! Face-daggers and toe-knives are on count-down to deployment! Run away! Run away!

(Marianne of Georgia, since there is now another Marianne)

75. I love the Care Bears and their cousins! This is the cutest picture! I love when my cats carry toys in their mouth. sooo cute! XD

76. nom chompsky hurr hurr hurr

77. What is it with black cats and stuffed animals? My kitty does this too, with a little stuffed tiger we named Hobbes (real original, I know). She carries it all over the place.

78. Ah but of course, the cat would be trying to make the dog take it’s vet appointment.

79. evilekeeper says:

That is loyal heart dog, no doubt about it. Swift heart rabbit has wings on the heart on the tummy.