Meet Today’s Players

A cardinal…

You got anything to eat around here?

… and a stealer:

Photo credit: Wing and a Prayer by Creativity+ Timothy KHamilton

Comments

1. Is not steal, is STEEL! Like coal and steel!

/Hunkies FTW
    //Halushki make you strong

2. good kitteh. he certainly deserves a treat.

heaven help us when our kittehs develop opposable thumbs and the takeover becomes inevitiable.

Isaac.

3. Bwahahaha…bad pun for the win. But this also reminds me how much I love cardinals (the birds; sorry football players) and why they’re my favorite birds (after owls). They are absolutely gorgeous!

4. What a pretty and plump looking cardinal!

5. That cat has got it in the bag!

6. Yitzysmommie says:

Well, I’ll break my Phoenix daughter’s heart, but I have to put my money on the steeler….

7. GO STILLERS!!!

(but that cardinal is looking mighty prosh)

8. eikoleigh says:

cute!

9. love how teh kitteh keeps looking around like “no one can see me, right? ai’m all stealthy!”

10. My cat love thoses treats – hope she don’t learn this trick -GGGGoooo Steelers!!

11. I love how the kitty keeps looking around like he’s afraid of getting caught.

12. (bowing) Greetings, Your Eminence.

13. That cardinal is the fattest bird I have ever seen!!!

14. kibblenibble says:

Pretty bird! Clever kitty!

15. I love cardinals, that’s a pretty boy right there.

I agree with Michelle, puttins looks guilty, but happy to have his loot!

16. The cat looks more like, “Are you getting all this?” Beautiful coat, though.

17. SELF SERV KITTEH
    SERV HIMSELF

18. And I love that the cat is from Chicago (tell-tale carpet commercial playing in the background…)

19. Nice, NTMTOM. Well done!

20. I thought the cat was more, “Hay, you going to help here, or just stand there.”

21. It’s a MEEZER!! Altogether too clever for their own good.

22. Beautiful kitty. I never thought too much about having a Siamese, even tho one is the reason I was born (A long story you do NOT want to know). But after watching this vid, I thought, I bet they are fun to have around, lol.

And a cardinal landing on my balcony today and I told him “I’m hoping you win today!!”

23. Heh heh! My nine month old kitten Buddy does the same thing, only he opens the bathroom cupboard… not the best thing since I have cleaners and other kitty no-nos in there! I’ve been putting a couple of strips of scotch tape to keep him out. He also opens my kitchen drawers… just because he can!

24. That cardinal looks very disapproving.

25. certified cutologist says:

That is such a beautiful siamese cat. It could raid my 401k and i wouldn’t mind much.

26. Cardinals are such pretty birds and have a pretty song, as well. Football, schmootball–I’d rather watch cute animal videos anytime!

27. Malinki;

I’ve only ever heard my late Grandmother say Hunkies. And halushki DOES make you strong! That and chicken paprikash.

28. mervtheflamingo says:

Must…pet…birdie…mohawk.

NOW!!!

29. JL Sigman says:

LOL at the kitty video. That is awesome!

My poor Panthers got knocked out by the Cardinals, and I’m still in mourning. So I won’t be watching.

30. I loved the vid. The kitteh really was glancing around.

I’m with JL. Go Panthers! :-(

31. God, I hate those Empire commercials.

32. wannadance says:

itsa floofed cardinal, cold outside….

furtive kitteh. man, guilt all over him…

33. Aww Mike, sealpoints are my weakness. Totally owned by my childhood siamese.

Such smart babies. They know where the line is, but can convince you that its been moved ten feet.

That cardinal is a beauty btw, love the “highlghts.”

34. Carrie R. says:

Wow that kitty looks suspiciously almost exactly like my kitty. And my kitty tries to get in our cabinets just like this too. o_O

35. Oh I wish we had cardinals.. how beautiful!

36. Lillith, your grandmother is obviously a very good woman. I grew up right in the middle of Hunky country, and I’ll get my doopa smacked if I forget it :)

37. berthaservant says:

Been caught stealin…once…when I was five….

By the way, I’m pretty sure those are Temptations. Kittehs lurve Temptations.

38. victoreia says:

OMG! I certainly hope my two overlords don’t learn *that* trick!

39. Ur blinky lights do not scare me! Seems like he may have done this before…hmmm.

40. Martha in Washington says:

SteAlers is right!! Just ask the Seahawks!

I miss the cardinals so much. We don’t have them west of the Rockies and they are such beautiful and cheery birds. Altho, they DO have a subspecies of cardinal in Hawaii. It has a black head. Freaked me out the first time I saw it.

41. My kitty recently figured out how to do that, too, except it was a treats drawer, not a treats cabinet. I was very proud. :)

Alas, she kept attempting to open the drawer in the wee hours of the morning, and so I had to move the treats to a cabinet she can’t get to.

42. I made sure my boys didn’t see the clever kitty. I don’t want them getting ideas.

43. YOU BAD KITTAY!! LOL. I love the crunchingks at the end.

44. essensual says:

What’s not to love. A cat that can feed itself! One, please…

45. Boidie with a mohawk and a cat burglar!

46. Richard, I also have a cat named Buddy, and he also opens cabinets. We originally tried Vaseline on the bottom of the doors, but that failed to deter him. My boyfriend has since developed a simple rubber band system to keep them closed. It works, but it’s annoying to have to deal with a rubber band every time you want to get a pan out.

47. LoL, did you notice right before the cat opens the food, it looks around like “Is anyone there? No? Good”

48. I used to have three cats who did this in the dark of night when I was in bed.

Poppet (F black tabby)opened the cupboard door, Gingee(F ginger)would opent hte door, and Speckles (F tortoiseshell) was the expert at opening the box of kibbles. When I walked into the kitchen in the morning, there were kibbles all over the floor, and three not-so-hungry-for breakfast cats lolling around the kitchen.

49. I used to have three cats who did this in the dark of night when I was in bed.

Poppet (F black tabby)opened the cupboard door, Gingee(F ginger)would open the door, and Speckles (F tortoiseshell) was the expert at opening the box of kibbles. When I walked into the kitchen in the morning, there were kibbles all over the floor, and three not-so-hungry-for breakfast cats lolling around the kitchen.

50. Mooniefluff says:

That is a REALLY bad pun like dad worthy. Cardinal and the Stealer, that is bad B-A-D :3