For Your Consideration: Wuthering Plains

In the Best Picture category: Wuthering Plains, the heart-wrenching story of doomed lovers Catherine (Redonkuletta deMille) and Heathcliff (Rock Proshman), joined by a passion they can never share.  Academy Voters: Your membership card entitles you to free admission plus box of Kleenex at any performance.

Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy, I've come home and I'm so cold, let me into your window...

And the winner is: And the Oscar goes to: Eric V.

Comments

1. Oh man. Too bad I liked WH, because now I want to see WP.

2. lucy's mommeh says:

Wow, thems are some round critters….
    Are they ROUND hogs?

Or prairie dogs?

3. I lof youuuu….

I lof you mo’

LOL

4. biscuithead says:

Love the hover text!
    Kate Bush will be singing “Wuthering Heights” in my head for the rest of the day.

“Ooh! Let me have eet.
    Let me grab your soul away.
    You know it’s me–Catheeeey!”

5. sarahjeanne says:

all together…”HEATHCLIFF!”

6. @sarahjeanne: LOL, I’ve never seen that! Those guys are hilarious!

7. I’m lovin’ the paw to the mouth…

“Hush, dahlink. Don’t say another word. Just kees meeeeeeee!”

8. After his disastrous last work as a producer, which reportedly had a $3million budget and only managed to pull a few rotten tomatoes, CO Productions kept a tight leash on its star, apparently allowing him to continue his work, on the out back-back-back lots.
    ;-D

9. mmmmmm… Kate Bush!

10. oh yes. we know this is going to end badly.

11. Love the big one’s paw on the little one’s mouth: “Shh, don’t speak!”

12. sarahjeanne says:

be sure to watch Life on Mars!

13. They are almost Weeble-ish, what bellehs they haves on them.

14. sugarbear says:

tearing up!

15. Drat, Mea Culpa beat me to posting about the paw on mouth… Great minds thinking alike and all that.

16. whoa, the hovertext is a’creepin’ me out. WH was my favourite book growing up…I was a morbid child…

However, those are some cute fat woozle-whevever-dey-ares.

17. snorglepup says:

Sweet hog loafs.
    Dog loaves? Louffs….
    Muscrat love, perhaps?

18. Naw, ya got it all wrong!! That’s Mama Prairie Dog getting her baby ready for his first school pictures, slicking down his hair, using Mama-spit to wash his face, and telling him he is NOT allowed to put Mary Jane’s tail in the pencil sharpener EVER again!!

19. MaggieBee says:

I think the more important question is, WHY ARE THEY SO FUZZY!??!?? Do they get winter coats or something?!

Oh, and….PAW ON FACE AKSHON!!!

20. AAAHHHhnnnn. So round and fuzzy.

21. superboymom says:

“And your eyes (your eyes, your eyes) they tell me how much you care. Ooh yes, you will always be my endless love!”

22. “My god Cathy!!….Eh, have you gained a little weight? You’re looking a little round at the bottom.”

23. Yay, we don’t have enough Kate Bush references around here!

24. “This just in, Most Popular Baby Names, for 2009. And the list of girl’s names is led by a totally new entry, Redonkuletta!”

25. Such pudginess! Such tiny talios! Such proshness! Gimme!

26. *puts in old granny teeth* Good lord! Classic literature, and you younguns can only think of Kate Bush’s song? *weeps in sadness for humanity*

27. I know, Chanpon, why don’t they remember “Wuthering Heights in Semaphore”?

28. berthaservant says:

Brilliant NTMTOM!!!! And JUST in time for me to announce to all that I AM GOIN TO TEH OSCARS!!!!!! My dad is in the Academy and this year he entered the lottery for tix and we got picked!!!! So I’ll be in the upper upper upper upper fourth mezzanine! YAY!!!!

P.S. I heard a rumor about Rock Proshman….let’s just say he’s doing some awfully good “acting” like he’s in love….

29. ThreeCatNight says:

“Oh, my dahling Heathcliff.
    You and I are meant to be together, – rally we are!”

“My dearest Cathy – you are life itself. All I need is you, a comfortable burrow, and a large supply of carrots and munchies, and I know that we can make it. Oh, please say that you agree, for if you don’t – I’ll take my munchies and my burrow and go to the ends of the earth! Never to be seen by you again! Oh, the agony!”

“Heath, my dahling boy, I’m yours forever. I think it was the munchies and carrots that got to me!”

30. NTMTOM, I’ve found you out! You’ve been watching the latest WH abomination on PBS – Masterprarie Classics! Theresa has made an excellent point tho, helping us recall the far superior ‘Semaphore version.’

31. But what about Edgar???

32. You had me at hello.

33. But it wasn’t like that ThreeCatNight.
    “Why did you betray your own heart, Cathy? I have not one word of comfort. You deserve this. You have killed yourself. Yes, you may kiss me, and cry, and wring out my kisses and tears; they’ll blight you — they’ll damn you. You loved me; then what right had you to leave me?”

34. NOMTOM:

That settles it I’m in love with you. Between the stage names of Prosh Rockman and Redonuletta Demille AND a Kate Bush reference?

Yep its TWU WUV.

35. Jennie Mello says:

love the backlit fuzzination–so romainetic.

36. AuntieMame says:

What does it say about me that I don’t know what the Kate Bush reference is? I love WH, though (book and semaphore)!

37. bettymouse says:

I dunno, I have to agree with Kari–looks more like the big one’s giving the little one what my mother used to call a “kitten wash” (which sounds a lot cuter than “Let me clean your face with my spit.”).

38. wannadance says:

well, well…why _can’t_ they live happily ever after, aside from the spit thang, a little controlling if you ask me?

hey. nobody did, that’s right…dang…

i think she has a litter for her luv…

39. EEEEEEEEE!!! That song just came up on my iPod! Sometimes, the universe makes sense. Just for a moment, though.

40. Chanpon, for what it’s worth, I majored in English and, well, the classic literature reference was just sort of a GIVEN. :)

41. Once again, I must say, I love CO. It’s like being in graduate school again. ;)

42. I AM Heathcliff!

43. Martha in Washington says:

Sarahjeanne–That video is so damn funny!!!*gasping for breath* I had to send it to my sister.

Has anybody else read the “Thursday Next” books by Jasper Fford. The one where Thursday has to be the moderator for the WH anger management meetings? That was when I decided I had to read WH. Nobody in that book has a single redeeming quality, IMHO.

Oh yeah, the PDogs are cute too.

44. Theresa, I had completely forgotten about the Semaphore version. Too hilarious. Thanks for the crackup…

45. Those rumors about Rock Proshman and the gerbil? TOTALLY untrue. It was a pika… no really!

46. Congrats, B-Serv!! That is pretty G-D cool!

47. Ok, NOMTOM must have just seen Wuthering Heights on PBS — like I did.
    Too melodramatic even for my taste, but this production seems more down to earth.

48. oh and it’s CUTER too!

49. AuntieMame says:

LOL, Martha in Washington! I love Thursday Next, too.

50. Awwww, so cute and portly! And they look so sincere! Better than some of the people in my acting class last semester… although probably even likelier to chew the scenery.

51. And I’d thought all along it was Pat Bennatar’s song…!!!

52. kibblenibble says:

Yay bserv! I’ll get out my magnifying glass and pause my TV and search for you in the audience…or at least who I imagine to be you. Hey, just hold up a CO sign, or somethin’ why doncha? Anyway, have FUN!!!

53. Please, NOMTOM. It’s not “Kleenex”, it’s “Kleenex(R) Brand Facial Tissue”. The folks in Legal would be all over me if I didn’t write in with the correction.

Nice product placement, though, in the ukelele video…

54. Fuzzalina says:

That hovertext alone is worth my vote for the bloggies.

55. That hand on the face is just too dear.

56. AuntieMame:

The hovertext is the lyrics to the Kate Bush song: Wuthering Heights. Pat Benatar did a great cover of the song as well.

57. It’s not Wuthering Heights, it’s Breif Encounter. Cue Rachmaninov.

58. What can we expect from these rodent thespians in the future I wonder? Will the two continue on to give us other classic stories or will they become the “Luke and Laura” of their times?

The Economic Stimulus package will have some money for the Arts-can their little theatre troupe be saved?

Berthaservant-we want (well, I want) and full accounting of your Academy Awards sojourn- have lots of fun!
    Melisma-*snerk*.

59. day later post script:

..it’s meee, it’s cathee
    I’m come home love,
    so cohohohold
    standing at your
    burrow-oho!!

60. Alice Shortcake says:

I think Rock Proshman is ALMOST as cute as Ralph Fiennes, and I don’t give a damn about the rumours…

61. so cute! like a goodnight kiss after the first date.

62. My sense of this picture is more of a “How did you get food scraps on your forehead!”

63. Tractatus Blorpico-Philosophicus says:

I call blorp!

64. AuntieMame says:

Thanks, Lilith. That would explain my ignorance. I don’t know the song, and if I’d heard it, I probably wouldn’t have been able to hear the lyrics properly to recognize them later anyway. :)

65. WOW! I never knew any of the photos I submitted even made it. It won a award! YAY!

They are Prairie Dogs and was taken at the Detroit Zoo!

66. p.s. Thanks everyone!! Guess less photos come in the newsletter edition.