The Return of Benson Hedges, Private Eye!

In our last chapter of the adventures of Benson Hedges, Private Eye, our hero tracked down the notorious crime boss, “Squeaky” Lowenstein.  Can Benson make this hardened criminal quack under questioning?  Tune in for the next thrilling episode!

You ain't getting a peep outta me, gumshoe!

Remember, no enhanced interrogation techniques, Kate G.

Comments

1. That’s either a big hedgehog or a tiny rubber duck.

2. i want to kiss the nose!

3. Hmmm, my initial post disappeared. Maybe Benson Hedges should get on the case…

4. oaklandcat says:

so is waterboarding torture for a rubber ducky?

5. Wow, short episode. Or was this a trailer?

6. @Theo: Think of it as a trip down memory lane. :-)

7. scooterpants says:

questions-
    1- when you take the HH outside, and it runs around, then, how do you fetch it?, i mean how do you peek it up?
    2- HOW come, HH’s seems to have real red-rashy looking skins under their furry parts?
    dont know anything about HH’es, please educate me ,you HH peoples.
    Post is very cute, HH has a new BFF. sweet.

8. Dreamworker says:

Hey gang,

‘Bout finished here? Well then keep the cute party rolling by heading over DreamWorks.com! We here DreamWorks are super excited about our partnership with Meg and the gang at CuteOverload. So come on over, you’ll find trailers for all your favorites, including the upcoming Hotel for Dogs! See you there! “Bleen”!

9. oaklandcat says:

yikes.

10. Biils & Quills!

11. We live in an ancient farmhouse, and have several hedgies on our land. They’re getting very bold in the spring and summer…they love kitchen scraps but are pickier than our kids. They love left-over pasta, but will eat the cheese off of it and leave the rest. They’ll also eat mealworms from my hand if I’m out early or late enough.

Also, badgers like papadoms. Really.

12. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Duck looks startled by the close-up… I think I’d be!

13. Edward — I must be a badger. Because LOGIC.

14. Benmson Hedges will get that duck to Quack or his name is Mud

15. AlbertaGirl says:

I would like to see Benson Hedges meet up with the Prickly Kid. “Hewwo.” :D

16. Welcome back, Benson Hedges. Thanks for the return, NTMTOM.

17. This guy might actually like waterboarding. Depending on what that en’tails.’

18. Squee!! I love Benson, so good to see him again!

19. Squeeze me all you like, copper, I ain’t never gonna sing. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

20. @scooterpants -

1) You scoop ‘em up! If your hedgie’s well-handled he won’t fear your hands, and you can just slid your fingers under his belly and lift. Also, hedgie quills aren’t like porcupine quills, so even if you get poked it’s not that big a deal.

2) Hedgieskin is very sensitive, just like most furred animals’, but they don’t have the dense fur covering over their skin like a lot of animals–all their protection is built up on their back. The very pinkish tint is just what it looks like, especially after any sort of exercise.

21. Scooterpants – that’s not a red rashy tummy, that’s normal hedgie pink tummies! The fur on their bellehs is quite thin and pale.

You pick them up… carefully. Use both hands, tuck them under the hedgie, and lift gently. Or use a piece of cloth.

22. marguerite212 says:

Great to get the next installment but when will we get the next installment of Rick Chipmunk, Space Adventurer! (da-da-da-DAAAAA!!). Will months of waiting with bated breath be rewarded?

23. I like the Velcro Method. Grab a fistful of marshmallows, bop your hedgie gently on the back, and lift. Do it right & he’ll stick like a burr on your butt.

Remember — remove hedgehog before snacking.

24. scooterpants says:

Boy/Earwig-
    thanks! I feel all educated now, and wondering if HHs are legal in my state!

T- interesting, butt sticky. could this method also be used for roasting of the marshmellows? would the HH be able to hang on tightly enough to the stick ya think? maybe not so much.

25. Benson Hedges looks different from the last installment. Do I smell a conspiracy?

26. @AlbertaGirl: I can’t wait for the continued adventure of the Prickly Kid!

(still want a t-shirt of Prickly Kid saying “hewwo”)

With Benson Hedges I’m sure that Squeaky will be ratting out his crew any minute now…

27. berthaservant says:

I am a hedgie, too (following Theo’s logic)….

….and “gumshoe” FTW (we also would have accepted “shamus”).

28. catloveschanel says:

Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

29. Mary (the first) says:

@Albertagirl, I also would love to see the Prickly Kid and Benson together! I think they’d make a great team. The Prickly Kid could be the “bad cop” for Benson’s gentle questioning. Who could resist those two?

30. Whoa, Benson’s coming back for some more action, after a little butt-biting last time. *wink wink*

31. I’m cracking up just thinking about the Prickly Kid. A classic.

32. How come the navigation links which take us one post back and one post forward at the top of the page are gone?

33. Max, I was just going to ask the same thing. It was my easy way to catch up on earlier posts when real life keeps me from visiting every day. *pout*

34. Again, peeps, don’t forget there’s still the “Recent Posts” lineup in the right-hand margin.

The next post & previous post links may yet return; TypePad’s doing updates.

35. My dog has a hedgehog toy — ts name is “Hedgie Lamar”…

36. Not nuffin’ or nuthin’, but I too miss the navigational aids of yore, the headers of previous post, next post and mostly HOME (yes, guess that makes me homesick).
    AND Another Thing… the ‘Next’ and ‘Previous’ buttons at the bottom of each ‘section’ of comments makes it harder to scroll zippily down to the last comment to see what you’ve missed. I only say this because I SO love teh Cute!

37. Edward, where do you live where hedgies run wild? We just have the occasional possum.

38. Dexter Fishmore says:

+1 to donna, for “Hedgie Lamar.”

39. Martha in Washington says:

SoCalSis–I agree. Can we change it back?

Hedgies slay me! I have a little stuffed hedgie with a tam and bagpipes that plays “Scotland the Brave”. I had to hide it in a drawer because my cat likes it too!

40. 好可爱噢~~我是来自中国的,很喜欢你的网站!太可爱了!超级喜欢小动物!
    以后会天天来看的~哈哈!

What a lovely animal ah~~I am from China, i like your web!I like animals very much!I will come here everyday~~:)!
    (my english is so bad~….)

41. snorglepup says:

Welcome, Smigoo.
    Cute overcomes all language barriers.
    Enjoy.

42. @Daily; we live a few miles outside Cambridge, UK. We have a huge amount of wildlife around us, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

43. I’m glad you are here, Smigoo. Your English is really good compared to my Chinese.

44. Hedges thinking: “Bogey had the Maltese Falcon, look who I gotta work with.”

45. Or–

Hedges: I’m lookin’ into that bank job, and what I’m sayin’ is- Rubber Ducky, you’re the one.”

‘Squeaky’ Lowenstein: “Listen flatfoot, I may be a squeaker but i’m not a squealer.”

46. Hello Smigoo! You will love this site and we are glad to have you!

47. ‘fess up Squeaky.

48. Meggy (not Meg) — not bad. Not bad at all.

49. Considering how many bleen-worthy panda posts they have been the source of here, it’s about time we gave a little back to our Chinese friends.

And the thing about the badgers and the popadoms? Good to know if you’re ever on Jeopardy.

50. Theo–Wow. Thanks. And thanks for more Benson Hedges!

51. No problem. I didn’t do any of this one, but on behalf of Mike and Meg (and Kate G), you’re quite welcome.

52. Welcome smigoo-and Happy New Year (of the Ox)! Keep practising your English (I used to teach English as a Second Language) “Cute” is a wonderful teacher!

53. NOMTOM’s really workin’ the names lately. In case he’s, y’know, wondering if anybody’s noticed. :p

54. Teho and I were separated at birth, I was going to post the LOGIC thing almost word for word.

55. Pyrit — I noticed “Inspector LaFlange” in particular, from The Dog Did It, but I wasn’t going to say anything. Honest.

Starling — any chance you were once put up for adoption through the Dayton, Ohio branch Catholic Charities, lo these many years ago?
    (OK, not really.)

56. That hedgehog must have the cutest waddle :)

57. I think I must have missed the memo that taught us how to use the new style of navigating. I get lost very easily, so, although I am trying to adapt, um, an overview would be very nice, thankskby.

58. VegetarianViking says:

Oooooh, this pics bring back fond memories of Bogumir,the hedgehog who hibernated at our house a few winters ago. It was an incredibly interesting, if albeit slightly smelly experience.
    And yes, picking up a hedgehog is not as prickly as one tends to think. We used to hold him, tickle his belly and watch him curl around our fingers :-).
    We live in a quiet German suburb, and we have four hedgies in our garden – quite trustful and fond of our leftovers, too!

59. mom2twinzz says:

Hey I was adopted through Catholic Charities! OK not Dayton, but still…

And AFAIK I only have the 2 brothers and 2 sisters from my birth families – none named Teho. :(

60. Hey Theo, how about this:

Hedges: “You may be Squeaky, but you ain’t comin’ clean. Word on the street is you’re leader of Bathtub Ring.”

Lowenstein: “You’re on my turf Hedges, This neighborhood can be a dangerous place. You better watch your back”

Hedges: “In case you haven’t noticed–i’ve got it covered.”

61. Is our intrepid Benson using the fine art of deducktion?

62. I loved, loved the Phoenix Wright reference. Marry me, Mike.