Inaugural Ball-Crashers Compare Notes

"… well, first we tried the MTV Youth Inaugural Ball, but it was strictly A-listers and they had these huge goons working security, so we were able to sneak into Foreign Diplomats Inaugural Ball for a half-hour because they thought we were waiters, but then they kicked us out when they caught us swimming in the punch bowl.  Finally, we ended up at the Mid-Atlantic States Linoleum Manufacturers for Change Gala; they were pretty much letting anybody with a tux in after 10:30 …"

They had a nice 'O' ice sculpture, too. Very comfy.

Party on, Jane K.

Comments

1. Canadian-US border, now that was a tough one!

2. MandaBain says:

I heard on the radio that most of those things are about as classy as your high school prom anyway, so the penguins are really overdressed…

3. Hee. It looks like they’re posing for the photo.

4. “Mid-Atlantic States Linoleum Manufacturers for Change” Gala

High-sterical!

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA!!

What’s the latest on the First Dog, folks?

5. Penguins RAWK! They’re all officially invited to any of my parties.

I love how these three lined themselves up according to height.

6. It looks like the one on the right is giving important advice to the others about handling the gnarly waves comin’ their way… surfs up!

Go Obama!

7. Whoa, those secret service disguises are great! No one would ever suspect the penguins.

8. berthaservant says:

Those three look like they would have showed up and told the same story whoever won. Society lads is all the same.

9. I personally would love to attend a party where penguins are swimming in the punch and chillaxin’ on the ice sculptures.

10. LOL they look like best friends
    in that picture.

Hmm
    perhaps a Rousing chorus of Three little Maids?

11. I danced with the tall one at the Lineolum ball. He can really shake a tail feather!

12. wannadance says:

snork!!! linoleum manu. , gasp, kaff kaff…

mike. you.are.nuts.
    i.love.yew.

13. Three little maids all unwary, come from a ladies seminary…

14. catloveschanel says:

Freed from its genius tutelary —
    Yum-Yum, Peep-Bo & Pitti-Sing. (suddenly demure)

15. 260Oakely says:

No, I’m sorry. This photo is obviously from a performance of “The Pirates of Penguiance”.

16. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Jackass penguin? Can anyone else id them?

17. cataddict says:

I’m thinking:

“Here we commmme, walking down the street.

Get the funniest looks frommmm everybody we meet….”

18. Aww man. Now I wanna see ‘em chillin with the ‘O’ ice sculpture and gulping down sardine canapés.

19. stufflings says:

Yup, Jackass penguins. Also known as Magallanic Penguins and Humbolt Penguins. They get around.

20. The Monkees? Who is missing?

21. Gail (the first one) says:

They actually look like Congressmen, huddled together during a vote.

“So a guy from the Linoleum group comes to see me about the appropriations bill. I said ‘I’m glad to hear you guys are big fans over at the association, but I don’t remember seeing you on the list of my campaign contributors’. You shoulda seen the look on his face, HAW HAW HAW!!”

22. cataddict says:

probably Davy – he’s off chasing the girl penguins….

23. Kristabelle says:

You guys are too funny!

I’m too tired to be clever today. Best I could come up with was either Larry, Mo & Curly or Manny, Mo & Jack!

24. Oh, heck! Now i’ve got “When I Was a Lad” stuck in my head.

“I polished up the handle so carefully that now I am the ruler of the Queen’s Navy…”

25. momof2kitties says:

I KNEW this was a Nomtom post!!singsong: Love eeet!!!!

These dewds are never gonna get a girl to dance with them as long as they hang out together on the edge of the dance floor.

26. Mary (the first) says:

Winken, Blinken and Nod?

27. Mary (the first) says:

(sob) My comment disappeared again! what is happening??

28. Von Zeppelin says:

Those tuxes look a little baggy in the seat. But, then, you don’t get a a really perfect fit in a rental. If these guys wear them more than twice a year, they should consider custom tailoring.

29. “Aww, man, I love you guys, and after graduation I’m not gonna see any of you again…”

30. Jennie Mello says:

“Ok, boys, now the little one over there, she’s real easy, you can get to first with her no problem Vinnie, but the cute one next to her, don’ even think aboudit—she’s a real hard nut to crack. Good luck to yuz, Mickie. Me, I’m goin for the one with the cute smile- she mus be from outta town. I never seen her before. Ok, boys? Meet me back at the punch bowl in an hour and we can get outta here with our goils.”

31. My mom just piped up with the three Musketeers or the Penguinators! *g*

32. Ocean’s 3.

33. The 3 *ice*sketeers!!! Or the 3 iceskateers!!!

34. OMG, we voted for him to be President? We need to talk!

35. @pookie

I heart you for being clever enough to quote Gilbert&Sullivan.

36. Penguin tailio!

37. Cataddict: “Now I’m a believer” that Davy was the shortest one so he can’t be missing. I think Mickey is the one taking the pic. He was always in the background anyway.

38. Having actually PAID for a ticket to the Mid-Atlantic States Linoleum Manufacturers for Change Gala, I am APPALLED at the lax security.

39. Did any of them get to dance with Michelle.

40. Three flightless fowl is the total sum!

41. Today they’re still hung over but managed to attend their Senate Herring.

42. Oh, jenjen-owwwwch!

43. I have to admit the first thing I thought of was the “Madagascar” penguins.

“Smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave.”

44. Is it just me or does the one on the right look like Senator Everett Dirksen?

45. Minya – alas, not clever enough to work penguins into the lyrics.

46. Pookie — how about:
    Earth angel, earth angel,
    Will you be mine?…

47. Again with the cute caption writing! Hilarious!

48. Ebony and Ivory….Live together in perfect harmony!

49. awwww. Looks like they’re deep in conversation….