Caturday Kitten Tongue

No, its’ not the name of the latest sushi roll recipe, (though that would BE DEELICIOUS!)

Sender-Inner Debbie S. got her first pet, a kitten, and witnessed a little tongue outing. For your Caturday pleasure, here it is:

_dsc0695_bb

TONGUE-HANCE!

Tongue

Debbie S., captured perfectly [tongue slurps back in after making debut]

Comments

1. Kitty tongue!! Kitty tongue!! And that collar bell is practically the size of the cat itself!

2. oh good gawd!

3. Oh, what a cutie! :)

4. As Steve Irwin would have said, What a little pearler!

5. The Jack Bauer voice did me in. As if the kitteh isn’t cute enough, you had to add in a bit of Jack drama???? I’m dyin’ here…

6. CUTE!!!

~Dan

7. The color! I love the color!

8. Juniper Jupiter says:

Resistance…to…poke…fading FAST!!! Somebody…STOP…ME!!!!

AAAGGHHH!!!!

***pokes screen*** :D

9. Heh, looks like a mini-me version of Happycat.

10. Isn’t that one of the Allistair cats?

11. Oh my god the tongue. The tongue!

12. NotAnotherMilo says:

photos like this weaken my ability to resist getting kitty #3… s/he’s adorable! love the white mustache, love the white feets, love the bell and the pretty grey fur! What’s its name?

13. Oooh, little tongue is purrfect for leecks and neebles.

14. DO WANT!
    :D

15. snorglepup says:

He’s asking for a good snorgling.
    Here kitty. Nomnomnom…

16. thank you all! His name is Dude dude! And really he thinks he’s a human haha!

17. ohhhhh my goodness. Unbelievably precious!!!

18. kibblenibble says:

Such yummy lethal cute! Tiny tongue! *sigh*

19. AuntieMame says:

We’re being dissed by Dude. :-)

20. aww, how handsome!!

21. berthaservant says:

The Dude’s tongue abides….

(srsly, I love the hanging cat tongue)

22. This is a really lovely little kitten. He looks so fuzzy and warm, and the look on his face is beyond adorable. Thanks for this post!

23. Dude looks like a lady… *guitar riff*

24. Dude looks like he’s onery. Cute, but onery. Just like the way I love my men!

25. KITTEN FUZZZZZZZ!

26. And MuzzlePowche

27. Oooooooo! Kitty tongue is mah favourite! I love dem lil tongues… so soft, moist, succulent, with a hint of ruffness!

Extra anerable points for a hint of mustache and teh matchingks sockies.

Most nibbleable kitteh… nomnomnom

28. Okay One More he has MITTENS too

Dude is officially “The Dude”

29. scooterpants says:

i am positive that ‘Orians Belt’ is within that collar ornament.
    where iz Will Smith when ya need him???
    look out Debbie S.

30. Pshew, glad you clarified, Debbie. Imagine if this kitten had needed a name!

31. @Scooterpants — LOL!! Hilarious.

32. Our kitteh does that sometimes. Especially when I interrupt her human grooming. She looks up at me and just the tiniest bit of her tongue is hanging out. Just adorable. The obsession with grooming us, on the other hand…

33. My cat does this so rarely and I love it so much that I have to run and get a photo when she does. And of course its poked back in by the time I find the camera. Thanks for this lovely specimen!

34. mah kitteh does that too! it’s sooo cute :D

35. victoreia says:

@Juniper Jupiter– “Resistance is futile!”

36. As if that teeny tongue wasn’t enough, that collar is the cherry topper with that leetle paw.

I bet those little feetsies taste delish.

37. Cheryl-Lee says:

Trying… to stop… don’t reach out… and touch screen…. must touch icckle tongue! Nyer!

38. tammy hung says:

sooooooo cuuuuuute
    好可愛!!!!

39. Boomer's Babysitter says:

My ex-husband had a cat who would leave a LOT of tongue dangling out if she was interrupted during her grooming. We’d gently remind her, “Georgia, you left your tongue out.” Funny thing was, we’d say that, and she’d slowly bring it in, and look at us disdainfully. She was queen of disapproval – and has since crossed the Bridge to join her sister, the ultimate lap cat, Tinker.

40. Aah, he’s sooo beautiful! ^_^
    This makes me wonder why I’ve never had a grey kitteh.

41. AAAKKKKK!!!!! White muzzle! White feets!!!!!

42. That is going to be one handsome cat when he grows up.

43. Selphie le Boffin says:

This is the cutest kitteh since that little blue-eyed one. Grey kittehs are the cutest. And the softest.

44. Yeth, I am thweet am I not.

45. Beautiful…so perfect, akin to something Disney would create!

46. Kristabelle says:

That is a most adorable kitten.

47. OMG, that is the most self-assured and satisfied cat face I’ve seen in ages! Dude is all, like, “Hah, look at me, I got a human, and a food bowl, and a water bowl, and a litter box, and a comfy bed, and a lap to sit on, and toys, and slippery floors to slide on, and…now I’m sleepy so leave me alone.”

48. he IS very self-assured cat haha and thanks for all the awesome comments! I will tell dude-dude your kindness(he is very busy watching water drops….).

49. hee hee!!!

50. All hail the return of Jack Bauer Voice!!!!

51. This is actually a condition called Dry Tongue or DT. Cats and kittens get DT when they groom themselves excessively and use up all the saliva available during that session. It is neither uncomfortable nor dangerous. Humans can also get DT; most at risk are those in direct mail where there is high exposure to envelopes and stamps.

52. I used to have a cat that would do that a lot, and when ever my sisters or I would see it, we would be all like “SHE’S DOING THE TONGUE THING!!!” and then everyone would come running and we would all marvel at the cuteness until she had had her fill of attention and put it back in her mouth. Wow, that was a long sentence.

Also, this kitty is ADORABLE.

53. So cute!!! I bought the same little paw-print collar for my Zora when she was but a wee little kit. She’s since graduated to a black velvet number with a little bow and rhinestone heart on it.

54. LexKitten says:

I LOVE IT! My little kitten Phoebe does this all the time and I want so badly to catch it in a picture! It’s elusive!

55. The Galaxy is on Orion’s belt.