Chiropractor House Call

[Doctorly voice] "Mr. Kitteh, you look pretty comfortabuhls. But you know what might improve your nap even more?"

[Snapping neck sound, followed by purring]

"Better, right?"

Dsc00699

Kimberly R.—he’s OK right?

Comments

1. meow!

2. Looks like my Ricochet!
    Amazing how kittehs can bend themselves into knots and swirls!

3. I would ignore ALL my horrific cat allergies to snorgle this kitty for just five minutes…

4. Ooooh, look! A boneless kitty!

5. Yes, a nap — that sounds just about right, at the moment.
    [collapses]

6. All kittehs are boneless..

7. Not the hairless ones, though. That’d be toomuchless.

8. Most flexabuhls.
    Reminds me to make an appointment…crackin’ good!

9. Teho – you should take a nap. You got all worked up and bleened and now a nap is in order. That’s what my mom used to make us do on Christmas.

10. Cats are actually a form of liquid.

11. OMGosh that’s hilarious and cute and kinda HOLY CRAP HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE????

lol!

12. AHN!!!!!

13. OH MY, My little Ginger-Snap looked just like this when she was a kitten. She is now on year, two months old..this little one is more than adorable!

14. OH MY GOSH, my little Ginger-Snap looked just this when she was a kitten. She is now one year two months old…I want this kitten!

15. *plants face into furry belly* TOO CUTE!

16. Kitty…GET IN MAH BELLEH

17. BeckyMonster says:

Dude, if I could bend like that I’d never leave the house

18. cats 'r us says:

God…I wish I felt like that after seeing my chiropractor.

19. cats 'r us says:

God…I wish I felt like that after seeing my chiropractor.

20. cats 'r us says:

God…I wish I felt like that after seeing my chiropractor.

21. cats 'r us says:

God…I wish I felt like that after seeing my chiropractor.

22. cats 'r us says:

God…I wish I felt like that after seeing my chiropractor.

23. cats 'r us says:

God…I wish I felt like that after seeing my chiropractor.

24. berthaservant says:

Love the privacy leg cross.

25. BeckyMonster says:

PEEPS!!!

Looks like CO beat out FUP by .3%

Take THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Mary (the first) says:

The “cats are actually a form of liquid” explains a lot be even more importantly, DID WE REALLY WIN THE VOTE?!?

27. Hmm, what?
    Oh, that? That was AGES ago. [falls back asleep]

28. Mary (the first) says:

but. “but” even more importantly. DID WE???

29. If I dont get a faceful of that delicious belly I might just explode. Why wont my face fit in the computer. Come to me Kitteh!!!!!!

30. Oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my!

I wanna snorgle my whole face in that yummy, fuzzy, oh-so-soft looking BELLEH!!!!!!

31. scooterpants says:

yes, did COL win the vote?
    ummmm, twisty marmie on pink blankie, delicious!

32. Congratulations to CO on the Weblog Awards victory!

33. (zzzzzzzzz)

34. lurkingsmirk says:

I feel I ought to point out that the FUP made a special post claiming CO cheated because of rule #1 violation (don’t embed the poll on your main page).

35. scooterpants says:

Daisy the curly cat! i just found your cute site when i voted, now you’re in my fav’s too- very adorable!

T! WAKE UP! HELLO ????
    DID COL WIN OR WHAT ? COME ON MAN! SPILL EET!

36. lurkingsmirk says:

ah, nm, just saw the discussion on the other post =)

37. i want to snorgle!!! eeep! lovely babeh kitteh

38. FUP’s post about cheating is ironic. That whole blog is ironic – and very funny in a not-safe-for-work way.

Still, congratulations to CO!

39. Cute lil ball of fluff by day, smokin’ redhead pin-up girl by night. The pose blows her cover.

40. If I were that flexible I wouldn’t have been single for so long.

41. Ahem. [pushes glasses up] It has come to my attention that the debate as to the viscosity of cats has once again reared its ugly head. This happens time and again in regards to cats, pitch, glass, and that gooey cornstarch stuff the kids make in preschool.

I submit that cats are not liquid but rather an amorphous solid similar to many polymers. They react as liquids when their inherent narcolepsy acts upon their atomic structure to make it collapse in a purring heap.

cough [double checks calculations]

Yes. Well. Tomorrow’s lecture – the untapped national energy source in herding dogs. Thank you.

42. I voted!I voted everyday for my new love CO! Now I have more cute friends…I kinda like Daisy the Curly Cat and I Can Haz Cheezburger…but I really couldn’t understand why anyone would F a penguin. Penguin effing is not cute.

43. I want to nibble on the kitteh toes.

44. Ow bev made my brain hurt.

45. I know it’s an ad to bring in revenue for the site but I’m *really* kind of tired of the Hotel for Dogs ad… :(

46. the kitty is dreaming of being a ballerina. or a ballerino, if it’s a boy.

47. the bug man says:

bev: your post is full of win.

48. I could nom that bebeh in two bites!

49. Auntyb and we love you too!!!!!

50. Yay, for detachable heads! Does this kitty know the fat fluffy penguin chick by any chance?

51. NotAnotherMilo says:

kitteh is doing the anancatasana – sleepy-kitty pose…. kitteh yoga is great for flexibility and stress relief. I get relaxed just looking at the picture.

52. berthaservant says:

Thank you Bev!!!

And peeps, quit griping about the ad. It’s literally paying for this amazing stuff we get for free. In fact, it’d be nice if, when appropriate, you supported the sponsors on the site (i.e., “Oh, nothing but the usual Hollywood crap in the theaters? Well, let’s go see the doggeh movie because at least it’s got doggehs and they help sponsor C.O. Meg would like that.”

53. I am so very jealous of the person this kitteh owns… What a cute and spaghetti-like little one!

54. That could very possibly be the snuggliest kitty on earth. :)

55. What is this world coming to? Puppehs and kittehs posing like nekkid women!

Well, I never…! [huff]

[sneaks in to snorgle fluffy tummy...]

56. Mary (the first) says:

Ok. How many of you tried to tip your head sideways to look at the kitteh face straight on? Raise your hands. Come on .. I know I’m not the only one….

57. What a beautiful pose.

58. Rachel of Cyberia says:

Brian Regan on yoga:
    “Simply take the bottom of your right foot and place it at the small of your back….and breathe”

59. I am shocked your site has not been shut down given you clearly contravened Rule 1 of the weblog awards thus STEALING the award from FUP which is clearly a superior pet site.

Clearly.

60. This looks like a kitty painted by Picasso. Only cute.

61. divinebluesky says:

bev – I can’t wait for tomorrow’s lecture! I think you’ve hit on an excellent idea for alternative energy!

62. I could just stare at this kitty’s nubby little legs all day. Soooo cute!

63. I think that is the purest, most perfect shade of pink on those there toes beans and the nose… I’m tempted to take this kitty to my nearest paint store and ask them if they can match that shade of pink exactly for my bathroom…..

64. Belly…must touch.

65. huff, huffhuff…ahhhhhh, a ruff(!) day on the beagle post. I just wanna cuddle-huff this bebe (if my dog would lemme).

66. fish eye no miko says:

So soft… must snorgle…

67. binky-mama says:

A fleece blanky and a warm sleepy kitteh is all I’ll ever need in this world.

(ok chocolate too)

68. Boomer's Babysitter says:

It does look like a ballet pose. Just vision some pink ballet slippers on those back feets, and some swan lake musick and there you have eet.

Sore losers FUPers… did I understand correctly that we got the word out to the Peeps to vote some time after the contest started and we still won?! That ought to tell you something. *Image of the poll* (not embedded, as if I understand the difference, which I don’t) on the blog or not, we pulled it off!

69. Boomer's Babysitter says:

70. Boomer's Babysitter says:

71. Boomer's Babysitter says:

72. Boomer's Babysitter says:

73. Boomer's Babysitter says:

74. Prosh little starlet…

75. It’s so cute it almost make me want one despite the horrible allergies. Baby kittens are so cute.

76. Breathes Kitty fluff and feels whole body relax… Ahhh Okay the Pinot Noir helped too but still.. It’s the kitty Fluff for sure.

77. wannadance says:

bev, my research reveals that cats are more properly a form of slurry.

tomorrow, when my brain reengages, i will enumerate the slurry ingredients….

thenk yew.

78. kibblenibble says:

This kitteh is pure blissful happy innocence. I melted when I saw him. :-)

79. dewds, this kitteh is SMILING. that is some pure kitten bliss right there. and while i am sitting at my desk right now in vietnam, tired and not wanting to be here, all i can think of doing is snuggling up in that pink fleece and smooshing my face in that belleh. BLISS.

80. i babysit a 3-year-old for a living (i prefer the term “governess”…). his reaction to this photo? “aww! is he snuggling a fairy?!” too cute.

81. Sahrawi Wife says:

Snuggling a fairy!! Too cute!!

*Head explodes from cute kitty and caute kiddie questions*
    *Poof!I’m ded*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You know this site sure makes working as a jailer a little more bearable ! The cute overloades the Ick!Thanks CO Love Ya !

82. What is this kitty’s name? Something prosh, I hope!

83. Can we call it “Rule 1″? It sounds like something we should keep in mind.

84. I hope your next shit is square.

85. totalee puppy says:

Boomer’s Babysitter…Thanks for the ballet images and music
    idea…I didn’t know I could hum the theme from
    “Swan Lake” until I tried while looking at kitteh…it’s ok till I hit the crescendo and then I get LOUD…SO EMBARASSING…woke up big
    brother, who gets even by
    telling my girlfriend…this is wrong on so many levels…

86. Clear violation of rule #1. Cheaters never prosper.

87. AuntieMame says:

Nothing like a bunch of sore losers, huh?

It’s my opinion that cats are interdimensional creatures. They manifest as much matter as will fit the available space.

88. lurkingsmirk says:

Actually Frank, this photo clearly abides by rule #1 of how to be cute: Put your paw up. Methinks someone needs to read rules a little more clearly ;)

89. totalee puppy says:

So…big brother smart-a–
    Cachorro calls my girlfriend and puts me on the phone to explain…
    She thinks it’s cute that I would hum “Swan Lake” for
    a kitten (looking-up photo)–I get a special breakfast at her place tomorrow–Cachorro is not
    invited…brother, you can take a word of appreciation from Frank:
    Jan 13, 2009 at 08:37 PM.

90. Now I’ve heard of the Trifecta of Cute, but this kitty transcends even that coveted title. I actually see SEVEN Rules of Cuteness converging in this one photo. Here are the rules I spot (this is like Hidden Pictures in the old Highlights mag I used to read as a kid.)

Rule #1 (paws up)
    #12 (fuzzy/floppy limbs),
    #18 (dainty paws),
    #20 (visible paw pads),
    #37 (tilt head to the side, and this kitty clearly Rules in this rule!),
    #38 (curved, plump belly)
    and
    #41 (expose vulnerable areas).

And I propose a new Rule, if you are smiling in your sleep, it’s cute.

So that’s Seven Rules, plus a bonus! You can tell your grandkids that you remember where you were when you saw Seven Rules of Cuteness converge in one sleepy ballerina kitten…

91. darling duck says:

Katie–I think the color of pink you want for your bathroom is “Shell Pink”.
    That’s the color I see on this kitten’s nose and toes. A florist or fabric store could probably sell you a piece of ribbon to take to the paint store.
    Good Luck!

92. Kitty’s got the scoliosis.

93. Fanks fur winning over dat gosh awfurl not funny birdie site bout sum purrson wif anger ishuez… Dat not funny.

You is cute n funny!

Luv,
    Katie Too

94. love the delicately crossed little tootsies!

95. BELLEH!

96. Martha in Washington says:

Um…did anybody else get a crick in their neck just from looking at this picture? Can I get the number of this kittie’s chiropractor?

97. Daphne Moss says:

If Marilyn Monroe were a kitty…

98. Another Marylin pose and no nips.

99. “Apparently he doesn’t understand an image of the poll is not the same as an embedded poll.”

It was embedded at some point.

But FUP is just jellus cos they know they’d have lost ANYWAY.

100. platedlizard says:

While the bendiness is amusing, it is the soft fuzziness of the kiteh beeleh that attracted my atentions.

101. hello…i vote for your blog on bloggers choice awards 2009.
    it will be honour if you would vote for my blog too for foreign language category…success for you!

Gilang
    Gigisehatbadansehat.blogspot.com

102. Gail (the first one) says:

@bev and wannadance: Excellent work! I understand your papers will appear in “The Purr: The Journal of the International Kitteh Research Society”!!!

Kitteh pics don’t get much more perfect than this one!

103. This is clearly a picture of a kitteh-pretzel, just right for nomming. So, here I go. Nom, nom, nom. Deee-lish-ussss!

104. I came to this late, and am overWHELMED.

105. Elisha B. says:

Look at the feet people, just look at ‘em!! Too sweet!!!!

But please, stop with the ad for the dog movie….it’s getting really old. The movie looks great, but why keep posting the clip?

106. yeahIusePhotoshoptoo says:

This picture should be in the dictionary next to “Soft”.

107. snorglepup says:

Where is this dog movie ad of which you speak?
    At least it’s not a condom ad or some such.
    Doesn’t proceeds from said movie go to help shelters?
    Is helping shelters and homeless snorglers and snorglerees not a good thing? I must know!!

108. snorglepup says:

Not that there’s anything wrong with condoms…
    I’m all for responsible living.
    I blame Theo for his “son of a self sealing cylinder” comment!

Teeheehee…

[Oh I'd call that a bit of a stretch, wouldn't you? Good thing we're talking about latex... - Ed.]

109. snorglepup says:

Um yeah. Good thing!
    Speaking of stretch…
    Check out that kitty!
    *ducks behind chair for any flying puddins*

110. I never before wanted to dive into the computer.. until now! This is the cutest, fluffiest, perfectist kitteh ever! Snorgle!

111. I want this kitty!!! So cute!!!!!

112. wannadance says:

that actually IS a ballet position. fifth position releve (imagine accent on last ‘e’), arms are in fifth (roughly) and head is flung back as in some of those boneless ballet dancers who were reared on a hidden boneless ranch.

the feet and laigs, though, i gotta say: perfect fifth. plus, there’s boobies, jes’ cain’t see ‘em. all god’s critters got ‘em.

cat slurry: liquid: silicone. solid: silicone beads. proof, if you really really REALLY need to hold onto a kitteh, you can’t. slurry slither. (draws triangle to demonstrate end of successful math proof.)
    QED

113. [looks left]
    [then right]
    [shrugs]

No puddins here. Maybe izza stretchy lil puddum TATER tho — whooza fuffy?? EEEEYEZYOOARE!!!

[blinks]

Dear god I need a brainema.

114. This is the most prosh thing evar!
    *snorgles computer screen* Need….kitty!

115. OK, wannadance, now you have me thinking of boneless Ballerinas. *Snerk* very, very funny.

116. “Boneless Ballerinas”

Funniest. Spoonerism. EVAR.

117. wannadance, doesn’t kitty actually have to be standing up for it to count as a ballet position? LOL. No chance of that.

118. snorglepup says:

*brainema* Hehehe…

[Yep. In one ear, out the other. - Ed.]

119. “Badass Bonerinas”?

120. [SNORK] Close enough. “ball-less”

121. Purr-eciousness purr-sonified!

122. Oh wow… so cute!!! I love when cats do that :)

Precious!!

123. wannadance says:

lu, just turn yer haid a lil’ bit and she is standing up. actually looks like one of those very emotional anna pavlova original pics doing ‘the dying swan’, her famous piece. looks like a longlost(thank you lord) pic of me taken in my very early ballet days by my diabolical gramps, who later destroyed it cause everyone laughed when they viewed.
    actually, i danced till i ended up in this dadburn chair, over 40 yrs.

that snugglebunnykitteh is a natural…sign her up.

wannadance
    director,
    boneless ballerina ranch

124. Hmm, I think kitteh is doing restorative yoga, specifically a very advanced twisting, backbending variation of the prone position.

125. So utterly purrrrfect!

126. Bev and wannadance, thanks for the lessons in cat physics. “If you really really REALLY need to hold onto a kitteh, you can’t.” I’ve been pondering this very fundamental CP law. It’s true. You can’t. Now I’m going to go and snorgle them while there’s no emergency.

Shell-pink dancer kitteh : could be the definitive kitten picture. But we know Meg is in the habit of outdoing herself, so we will sit here in expectation.

BTW, peeps’ comments are brilliant-o these days. So creative, heartwarming and funny ! Nothing like reading the comments to brighten up this cold, flu-ey winter we’re having.

127. @Wannadance: Indeed our boneless ballerina is in fifth position, but I think she is actually getting ready for a delicate Paw-de-deux–she just needs a boneless dance partner.

128. And in the distance, Elton John is singing…hold me closer, tiny dancer…

129. Much kitteh huffing required here.

130. *snorgles screen*

Ouch, bang nose

131. wannadance says:

just can’t get oveh this kitteh. those perfect front feet, that fluffy long tutu, that tiny pointy tail with a delicate white tip and perhaps, maybe, a bit of pink tongue, not sure, but maybe.

this is just a wonderful eVOCAtive pic (launches into long ecstasy, screeeeeees to a halt…)
    ahhhhhh. i luv me some kittehs.

132. So soft-looking… I must rub kitteh’s belly.

133. wannadance – Yep, this kitteh’s definitely wearing ballet slippers on the hind feet.

134. snoopysnake says:

peeeeeeeeeeeeenk!

Me wants!

135. Oops, someone already said that.

136. Aw, no one else thought tm’s comment wasn’t too bad in the vein of playful rivalry?

I can’t help myself from writing this. Apologies to CO and FUP in advance.

@ tm – If you ever check this thread again, clearly, you’re clinging to the accusation about rule breaking. And don’t think I didn’t notice your otherwise not-so-vulgar comment over your accusation. What’s with that?! You think that by showing up with an ironic sense of humor, leaving out vulgarity, we’ll start laughing with you? Hell, don’t make me think you’re going to RUIN the idea that it’s fine to barge into an online community before you bother to figure out its cultural nuances, vernacular and in-jokes and reduce people you’ve never met into stereotypes. Don’t exert yourself any further, it was easier to overgeneralize visitors from FUP as one-dimensional idiots, as I’m sure it’s mutual for most FUP readers.

You know what? I ALMOST hope the penguins get to you, tm.

Wait–which website am I on?

137. Good question, Raemie. Done now?

138. Raemie L. says:

Theo – Just a little more, and… *downs hot non-caffeinated tea* Okay, I’m focusing on the kitten. I think I’ll try an appointment with his chiropractor.

139. Awwwwwwnnnnn!

We adopted Spencer when he was a year-old stray kitty, but I bet he looked JUST LIKE THAT as a kitten (which begs the question of how would someone abandon him in the first place)

I could use a kitten huff before bedtime. Muy relaxing.

140. FuzzBob Chubbypants says:

New product idea! C.O. should make snorglable computer screens. Kind of like smell-o-vision but cuter :D

141. totalee puppy says:

Nik…ROFL “paw de deux”.

142. heather em says:

oh, MY god. marmalade croissant deliciousness…

143. Nobody’s chimed in with a “pas de chat” joke yet?

144. noramaria says:

I would pay good money to attack that belleh with my face.

145. wannadance says:

norah, i bet jack bauer would do it…

if he could stop hyperventilating all the dern time…

146. wannadance says:

rach3: cackle!!! sure am glad you did, i completely forgot, oddly…

147. So many times you peeps post the most adorable, wonderful, sweet comments. I wish I could do that. I’m so glad you do.
    That said, …I have a Halloween gag toy of a cat whose head pops off!
    And, this kitty reminds me of, when you break something and put it back hoping the next person who comes along thinks they broke it!

148. totalee puppy says:

wannadance…The more I read your comments,the more I appreciate you. I can imagine all that you gave to the dance for 40 years.
    I like a tune called “Lord of the Dance.”
    Still humming “Swan Lake” for the ballet kitten–caught myself humming as I waited at the bus stop downtown. What can I say?

149. Pyrit – waddayamean ??? I’m the biggest fan of YOUR comments and wacky wonderful SOH. Your latest brilliant pun : “Dear Rosalie,
    I don’t think Hector is being real with you.
    I think you need to get to gnome better.”
    Har, har, har.
    Wish I could come up with those more often.

150. Poohbear – Careful what you wish for.
    That pun popped into my head this morning while listening to the car radio. Marc Anthony’s, “You Sang To Me”. There was a line about being real, and I thought of Hector. Well that’s not too bad, right? Not crazy at all!
    Thank you, Poohbear. It’s fun. And the peeps’ cute comments really are heartwarming.

151. Okay soooo I but the tiny dancer kitty as my desktop on my work computer and I gotta say she is beautiful I didn’t stretch it just centered her with the normal blue background all around her!

152. Must Snorgle Kitty
    Must Snorgle Kitty!

OMG!!!! I’ve become a snorgle addict!!!!
    Must go to snorgle rehab!!!!

153. My eyes! They are filled with cuteness – sooo much! Bulging with cuteness – of the wonderful pain!