The Year In Cute: Chill!

Yes, 2008 was a nerve-wracking year. But time after time, the stars of Cute Overload taught us that life works best when you just lie back and relax.  So step away from the computer for a while…

You don't REALLY need to check e-mail every 2.63 minutes, do you?

…maybe grab a bite to eat…

Mmmm, Puppy Chow -- My favorarlghgfthraghthphfthh (zzzzzzzzzzzzz)

…and just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Stewardess?  Don't wake me up until we land, mmmkay?

See? You’re feeling relaxed already. There is so much we can learn from Teh Qte. [Yoda voice]

♫ Lulabye, and good night... ♫

Just ask RPHilli, Lindsay J., Courtney, and Scarlette R.—they’ll tell ya.

Comments

1. How peaceful and cute!

2. Haha…Love the dog with his head in the food bowl.

A cute boy sleeping with a cute puppeh? Yes, please. I’ll take both.

3. Bottom picture is total chick magnet! All are cute but pup and pal will make fems soft and mushy.

4. I want to kronche that kitteh’s toe beans :)

and the basset is one of the best mouse-overs ever!

5. I don’t even know where to begin! First the hovertext on the puppy in the dish is hilarious. Second, I can’t believe that the little terrier can even sleep in that position in the car seat. And finally, HOW ADORABLE is that little puppeh curled up on his buddy’s shoulder?!? These are great pics. I’m getting sleepy…zzzzzzz….

6. Ah, please let this be my year for peaceful relaxies like that….

7. BeckyMonster says:

Generally, I am against human bein’s in my qte, but I will make an exception for Super Hot Puppy Man!!!

Looks like they could both use a snorgle.

8. ohhhhh!!! Sqeeeee!!!! little puppy sleeping with his human!!!!

9. So tie-tie…yawnns…ni-nite…zzzzzz

10. Toe beans. Ha!

11. SO CUTE! What kind of dog is it, in the bottom picture??

12. Von Zeppelin says:

Being a heterosexual male, I will accept the judgment of other commenters on the hottitude of the guy with the puppy. However, let us not overlook, in the excitement, the chubwrinkles on the basset, which extend from oversized feet up to shoulders.

13. That last pic reduced me to a warm puddle of cute-induced ooze.

14. victoreia says:

Well, if the kitteh insists, I guess I can wait a bit longer to check my [yawn] e-mai….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15. Soo relaaaaxing . . . as if when I fell asleep, I would make as inoffensive a noise as “Honk-shu,” Sigh!

16. Who am I? says:

You did not warn us about the human in the last picture. Please remove him immediately (and send him to me.. and his little dog too. bwaaahaahahaaahaaa)

[Out of professional courtesy, I'll refrain from answering the question posed by your (temporary) screen name. Bwahahahahaaaa. - Ed.]

17. wannadance says:

jasmine walks around on the keyboard first and screws everything totally up, gets all the alarms going, then lies down in the sphinx position and sleeps. she is devious that way.

all these pics are heartmelting and automatically relaxing. THANK YOU, mike. you knock me out, you.

18. I can’t believe I mentally made New Year’s Resolutions, which I have mostly woefully failed.

I’m so glad Cute Overload helps me get my priorities in order.

I’ll have to revise them to: Stay Warm. Get plenty of Rest.

Have Fun.

19. Picture #4…make room for me.

20. These cute pics make me feel so relaxt…

21. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Yes, the human is cute in the last picture, but I am most amazed at the little pup completely conforming to his shoulder, as if melted on. Wow. Awww! *splode*

22. Great roundup! I’m pretty sure my cat wants to sprawl out on my PC (like the 1st picture) so my hands pay more attention to him than the keyboard.

23. kibblenibble says:

All are cute and so soothing to see in all their unconscious innocence. I don’t share in the admiration for the human so much, but I’d love his sweet little white pup. :-)

24. How is it I’m seeing no admiration for that round, round kitteh belleh???? Where’s the love?

25. Picture #4
    Mom is taking the photo in her living room. What self-respecting dude has
    floral tapestry throw-pillows at his own place?
    The little puppy will be in my dreams as I am getting serious tie-tie…

26. I am in love with the Yorkie-in-a-carseat — especially the glimpse o’ puppy belly!

27. whooo i love this blog!!

SO CUTE.

hey come follow me on twitter too :]

28. Tiny orange kitten belleh! Tiny orange kitten belleh!
    Tiny orange kitten belleh!
    x)

29. Sub-category: baby animals falling asleep in peculiar places.

Screw categories… this deserves whole websites!

30. totalee puppy says:

Basset…must snorgle! I can identify…have never fallen asleep in my food, but I have slept on my books in the library.

31. The gauntlet continues I see.

And how I love it!

32. Something about the statement “the stars of Cute Overload” just cracks me up. They are, of course, the stars of CO, but I’ve never thought of them like that!!

33. All I want to do, is sleep the winter through.

34. I thought it couldn’t get any cuter than the chubby little basset asleep in his food bowl, but then you hit me with the terrier puppy and his human. That, my dears, is Cute Overload. I’ll be off exploding now.

35. @NTMTOM, Hokay… I got nuthin’, ‘cept some honkshu-time coming up righ’ nowzzzzzzzzzzzzz

36. metsakins says:

Oh marmalade kitteh, it is not checking my email every 2.63 minutes, but an hourly check looking for new picture postingks and new comments on various blogs and my wall, gotta check the wall. Here kitteh, stay in my lap while I do that.

37. metsakins says:

but I could stop at any time, I just don’t want to.

38. Saguaro you doin’?

39. rachel waterlow says:

sooo cute! i think that those are the most purrrrrfect pics ever! sooo peaceful';)

40. aww, somehow things just look sweeter when a tiny puppy is snuggly up to a cute buff man.

41. wannadance says:

the guy and the ecstatically sleeping pup are on my desktop. i smile every single time i see them and the pup’s adorability is always a wonderful surprise.