Snuggle’s new Hamtastic Snuggle® Fabric Softener

From the MOMENT I heard that stupid "Snuggle" bear giggle on the Snuggle commercials, I was HOOKED.

Good news, they’ve come out with a new product, this time featuring soft, kneading hands. New Hamtastic Snuggle® Fabric Softener. Simply pick a 3D hamster sheet out of the box and throw him on laundry in the dryer.

Voilà! fresh, the ham-scented towels you grew up with.

Blanket_009_copy

"Towels are ready, Ma’am!" [Plinking of beady eyes]

Hamclose_up

Caroline T., I think the Snuggle bear is just a bear version of the Pillsbury dough boy, don’t you?

Comments

1. Plink, plink. Quite the cute nostralia’s goin’ there too.

2. I have lived with hamsters. Are we sure that we want our clothes to be smelling “hamster-fresh”? Perhaps if we feed them huge amounts of mint or pears or some other odoriferous substance-strawberries, maybe? But hamster ‘au natural’–uh, no, thanks all the same…..I love the hammy peeeeking out with the BEF. Prosh.

3. Trabb's Boy says:

My towels are getting softer just being in the room with that picture.

BTW, love the little antennae on his head — this product was obviously developed using very advanced alien technology.

4. I wish I was that hamster, it’s so cold here… Brrrrrrrr…

5. Mary (the first) says:

That looks more like fleece than toweling. The hammie though just looks 100% qte!

6. fish eye no miko says:

Awwww… hammies are just SO. CUTE.

7. Beth (in NC) says:

Oh, the plinking… the plinking gets me every time..

8. That is one pretty little golden hammie! Looks like a happy little guy too!

9. In my opinion, hamster scented would be nicer than ham-scented!

10. bookmonstercats says:

I have searched my supermarket feversihly. It’s not there. Barooooo.

11. bookmonstercats says:

Feversihly????? Duh. I can spell “feverishly”. I just can’t type it.

12. Uhhh, shouldn’t you have a disclaimer about not actually throwing hamsters into the dryer? Speaking from an extremely sad experience, it’s really crappy to feel fur in the dryer when you pull out your stuff.

13. I love hamsters, and when clean, they smell good but they can leave quite a smell in their litter. I had a lovable dwarf hamster that smelled faintly leathery. Too bad I can’t bury my nose in hamster fur anymore – allergies. I keep them as pets anyways and my mom changes the bedding so that helps. That little hammy looks so content and warm. Snuggle up, anyone?

14. So he caresses the towels into soft submission?

Genuis! What took so long?

15. @Nancy, Nostralia? Isn’t that that mucus-covered country in the southern hemisphere?

16. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Cutie! He looks like he’s toweling off after a bath. Tell me, someone who knows, do you bathe hamsters, or do they clean themselves, like cats?

17. I like my hamster. He smells like Band-Aids.

18. He looks so happy in his terry-cloth cavern!

19. LOL Plink Plink makes a cartoon hammy pants come to mind.

And can he giggle like snuggle bear that would just make it all too too perfect.

20. spacefood says:

Boomer’s Babysitter, don’t bathe them, its not good for them to get wet. They do enjoy a good dust bath though. I use Chinchilla dust in a Critter Bath.

21. @Theresa – the nostralian continent can also be extremely cute and pink as in the posted ham map. This is due to it being situated directly under a pair of plinking eye-lands.

22. Whisker McTowelpants?

23. That does not look REAL!
    That face!
    First the adorable RAT, now the irresistible HAM-are you getting a percentage of the rodent sales in 2009?

24. I used to love the Snuggle bear. But they changed his look and laugh a few years ago and now he is just CREEPY!

25. snorglepup says:

Snorgle-soft and hammyfresh!

26. MoonCatty says:

Hey, I bought a sage green fleece throw just like that one!

How come it didn’t come with an ADORABUHL little hammie pie??!!

Sooooo sweeeeet. Rodentia Rocks.

27. binky-mama says:

So soft! So warm! So cuddeleh! WANT!

*grabby hands*

28. totalee puppy says:

dear mom,
    Camp is ok. i miss our Friday nite pizza. i dont
    like the towls here-there
    to small to cover my butt–and they smell weird–not like the hamster-fresh smell we get wen we wash
    stuf at home. wen can you pick me up? xo jen

29. Oh! This is too cute 50 times over…I’ve been bombarded with hamster photos/videos lately and am starting to seriously debate taking one in as my little buddy.

30. Caroline T says:

Thank you everyone for the kind comments! She’s actually a girl hammie, Peggy Sue, and she loves my big green fleece blankie! (and I have never put her in the dryer) :D

31. To Caroline T…For some
    reason, Monday, January 5 is my “Peggy Sue Day.” I sent a business letter to a lady named Peggy Sue this morning, and now here’s Peggy Sue the lovable hamster on CO tonight! Now if I could only get that song out of my mind…earworm…ack.

32. Hmm! I wonder what time this was posted — earlier today, I was in an elevator (alone) and, totally apropos of nothing, I thought: “HAM-HANCE!!” and giggled to myself. I wonder if this, coincidentally, was posted around the same time :)

33. Peggy Sue is delightful, and oh, so wonderfully named!
    Pretty-pretty-pretty-pretty Peggy Sue, ah-oh, Peggy, ma Peggy Sue ooh, ooh, ooh, Oh I love ya gal, I love you Peggy Sue!

34. @Shannon: WORD. The original bear was cute, but once they made him computer-animated and snarky, I was weirded out.

35. Oh thank you Caroline T for letting us know you don’t really toss Peggy Sue into the dryer. We were all so really worried. No really.

;)

36. I hate to be a downer, but please, please, encourage everybody with any kind of pet to absolutely FORBID your animal anywhere in the laundry room, or anywhere around warm clothes, which are oh so attractive to everybody.

No animal less than 20 pounds will survive an accidental trip in the dryer. (over 20 lbs you’d surely hear before two trips around). It’s too tragic when you can (mostly) train your animals to avoid the danger, and train yourself to always check the dryer before turning it on.

Me? My cat NEVER went into the dryer, oh okay so he did, a lot, and I always checked and threw him out before drying. However… I did microwave him once, hadn’t trained myself to always check the microwave. After the middle of the night emergency vet stopped laughing, I was assured that four seconds in the microwave didn’t hurt him. He was a very quirky cat (that I miss a lot) and I’m not sure the microwave experience didn’t add to that.