Total basketcase

I’ve had it!

Img_1056

2009 is already not peaceful!

Not what I wished for!

Img_1057

Wake me up when it’s over, People.

Comments

1. Looks kinda like food in a basket – yummy! I nom-nom the ears <3

2. Is this a new Firefox logo?

3. Heyyyy,

Who snuck into my house and took a picture of my cat Norman?

4. Selphie van der Boffin says:

Seriously thought it was a pie.

5. gatita bonita says:

I know the feeling exactly!

6. kibblenibble says:

This marmie is so sweet and soft-looking. Isn’t it funny how cats will curl up in the tiniest of places? She makes *me* feel peaceful, just looking at her. Wish ‘peace on earth’ was that easy. :-(

7. I thought it was a pie too!

Maybe the kitty was looking for 4 and 20 blackbirds…

8. berthaservant says:

Marmie Pie
    You are driving me crazy
    I’m in love but I’m lazy
    So won’t you please come home

You became a legend on the basket scene
    And now the thought of nomming you
    Makes me weak in the knees
    Tee-tee-tee

Oh Marmie Pie
    You are making me frantic
    With your honk-shu-ing antic
    Come back to me Marmie Pie….

9. At first I thought it was a pie with some kind of cute face in it. Then I saw the ears, and I thought it might be a misshapen pie…then, kitty. Lightbulb!

10. AuntieMame says:

Mmmm…marmie cheesecake.

11. cellarmouse says:

yin and yang! sleeping! they happy – mousies’ safe! <:3

12. cellarmouse says:

13. Looks like the Firefox logo. Too cool, my kitties love to sleep like this!

14. It’s amazing how they can curl up and stuff their heads in their floof… and sleep comfortably. I get panicked if I accidentally sleep with my face in my pillow!

*wants to make an airhole for kitty* lol

15. @PJ

You got it.

That kitty want to be left alone to bask in his kitty-ness

16. Mmm… marmie pie! I bet it is warm. =)

17. NotAnotherMilo says:

I’m going to be humming Berthaservant’s song all night….

18. Evangeline's servant says:

WANT! This is one mighty-fine picture, and it would take more than 1000 words to describe this essence of comfy-cozy sleepness. Mighty fine picture-taking, person.

19. So wonderful that the basket weaver measured teh kitteh so perfectly…

20. The swirly stripes are so hypnotic O_O …

You’re right, kitty. 2009 hasn’t been good so far. For the third time in 10 years, someone I know has committed suicide. :(

21. Look! You can count the rings to see how old it is!

22. lizzy, i’m so very sorry.

23. Juniper Jupiter says:

Ya know, if you stick your face in the middle of that, it would be HEAVEN! :)

24. :scroll down: What a yummy tart… what did they use for the crust?

25. Looks like it’s time for neko-nabe! <3

26. YourMother says:

Hairiest pumpkin pie ever.

27. Marmalade pastry! Yummm!

28. Gail (the first one) says:

Looks a little like Sweet Potato Pie!

29. @Champon: “Always pans are too much crowded.” LOL!

30. PS Spectacular red tabby! I’ve always wanted one– I always seem to get black and white cats. I have a red tabby buddy named Reggie, though.

31. hamster-on-rye says:

Lizzy, Thankful you are telling us because we care. What a terrible loss.

32. lucy's mommeh says:

Makes me think of my sweet boy Arthur (RIP, baby boy)….he would put himself into a basket or a box if it was on the floor, no matter how tiny it was.
    He was a sweet orange boy.

33. hamster-on-rye says:

Berthaservant–“Marmie Pie”
    seems very much YOU. Thanks!

I thought kitty looked like
    an extra-large croissant.
    Forget it, Uncle Hamry, you
    are not Berthaservant…

34. The Kitty Basketgram, perfect for dads, grads, and Valentine’s Day!

35. Hi everybody – I’m so excited to say that’s my mum’s cat Andy and I took the picture on Christmas eve – he was all tuckered out after helping us wrap pressies :o)
    thanks for all your lovely comments, and Andy will get extra smooshie squishy face snuggles1 xoxox H

36. I am very sorry, Lizzy (patting screen on back). Anyway, is that the image they used for snorgle school? I heard that too many people couldn’t bear the burden of such proshness. It was a sad, sad scene. They had to bring in teams of not-cute photos to stop the senseless babbling.

37. @Hannah: great picture and great cat :o)

38. @Gail, my mom looked at said “Pumpkin pie,” but I think it looks more sweet potato, too.

39. haha… yeah, I think she looks like a LATTE (pumpkin pie works, too).

~Dan

40. He looks like pumpkin pie!

41. berthaservant says:

Hugs Lizzie. After I went through that last year, C.O. really got me through the harsh times. Many, many hugs!

42. Marmie pie! Sweet potato pie. Put a dollop of whipped cream on top of him and nom away.

43. I also thought ‘pie’ when I saw this. Nice Beatles rewrite, Berthaservant.

I think this kitteh needs baskethab. If indeed such a thing exists.

44. berthaservant – excellent! *applause*

45. wow, i thought that would be a kitten pie at first, not a basket-case

46. People, people…are we dealing with a new addiction? In addition to boxhab, must we now add baskethab to the list for kittehs?

This is serious, people!

47. wannadance says:

my heart is sad for your heart, lizzy.

a soft living thang in a basket might get us through. some sorta thang.

i feel the same way as this here now kitteh, though.

48. Lizzy- best wishes to you through this devastating loss. We are here for you.

Watch the video that chanpon sent in- eight minutes of wayyy-too-cute!

49. Very arty. One for the calendar for Thanksgiving maybe.

50. Mmm, lump of orange kitteh.

Mine loves to pretend he is a loaf of bread. Ah, so much willpower is needed to resist buttering him up for some omnomnoms. >_>;

51. Who needs butter, Yoshi? *NOM*

52. Lizzy-How are you today? I’m thinking of you with hugs and snorgles.

53. stuck@work says:

With the cinnamon flavored coffee I’m drinking, my first thought was a yummy, cinnamon swirled cinnamon roll. Ooey gooey and probably warm and fluffy in the center just the way a roll should be.

54. one word…………BASKETHAB!!!!

55. I also enjoy empty containers for napping. More than that, I like to sit on things. It’s a hobby of mine.

56. my dog does this exact thing! on the couch, though, she’s too big for a wicker basket. ;)

57. I thought it was a punkin pie!