The Year In Cute: Smile, Everybody!

With 2008 being one of the goofier years on record, we’re all happy to see it go.  But this bunch just seems a little bit, I dunno … too happy.

Me, I'm just happy this flip-up ear-do is back in style!

I'm happy that Pixar gave me a swim-on role in 'Finding Nemo'

And I'm damn happy to see ya, you old so-and-so.

We’re happy for sender-inners like Elizabeth F., Britta F. and YankeeBird.

Comments

1. [sigh]
    I luvs the smileh puppeh.

2. I agree, Theo. Pups looks tickled pink at something…his (or her) expression looks like “You got me my favorite treats, I just wuvs you!”

3. berthaservant says:

Repeat, but well worth seeing the stoney puppeh again!

4. berthaservant says:

P.S. “Nemo” was from a few years ago, and I think this fishie was also in “The Life Aquatic.” This year he had a cameo in “Slumdog Millionaire” but they cut out the undersea sequence when it tested low with preview audiences.

5. That puppeh face reminds me of soooo many stoners I know. “Hahaha duuude… wait, wha?”

6. :D

7. biscuithead says:

Whatever they’re smoking / taking … I’ll gladly take some too.
    They’re quite a joyous bunch.

8. Naw, brah, iz ahll goood…

9. photogirl says:

I want that pupster!

10. I still have that puppy pic on my computer from when it was originally posted. So happy!

11. I love that little fish! He’s a perfect “Y hallo thar!”

I had never seen the puppy before! Totally James Franco ~ Pineapple Express.

12. That first picture is just hilarious…

13. The doggy is my fave… by far…

what is that first animal?

~Dan

14. oaklandcat says:

The “swim-on role” hovertext made me LOL. Thank you, I needed that!
    I am very happy to see 2008 go. I lost my beloved cat of 16 years on Christmas.

15. This entry made me so happy. I produced an involuntary, high-pitched, “Mmm-hm-hm-hm!” in response to the smilely puppeh.

LOVES.

16. Is it just me, or does that goat look like . . . THAT GIRL!

17. Yep. It’s the flip ears, HP.

18. totalee puppy says:

oaklandcat…What a sad Christmas, losing the cat
    you love after so many years. I wish you happier times in 2009.

19. Gail (the first one) says:

@oaklandcat: I am so sorry to hear about your kitty.

20. Aww, the little fish is precious!

21. That pup is smiling AND has some serious squish-eye goin’ on. That’s the look pet owners live for!

22. kibblenibble says:

Oaklandcat: I’m sorry, too. I’m sure your kitty had a wonderful life with you, and that s/he always knew you loved him/her.

As for the pics, I like the pup best. The squinchy eyes just make it.:-)

23. AuntieMame says:

The goat’s horns look like barrettes!

Sorry to hear about your sweet kitty, oaklandcat. :(

24. yankeebird says:

Yay, puppy repost! I just came and searched him out the other day because I was needing a pick-me-up.

@oaklandcat – I’m very sorry to hear of your loss. May 2009 bring you many reasons to smile.

25. Martha in Washington says:

I think that the Smilin’ Goat is THE best picture of the whole dang year!! I love goats-had one as a pet when I was little-and this one is just the happiest little thing ever! Makes a New Year even better!

oaklandcat-warm hugs to you. So sorry to hear about about your kittie.

26. LOVE the goat! Our family lost a wonderful man early this morn, and he had a wonderful sense of humor… I can’t help to wonder what Uncle PJ would have to say about that goat…

Thanks for making me smile.

27. That goat had BETTER be named Gidget.

28. Isn’t that fish called a blinney? Or more CO appropriately called a Bleen-ey?

29. All three make me squeal with happiness. :)

30. berthaservant says:

Hugs to Claudia and Oaklandcat!

31. I love the look on that dog’s face. “Hey, it’s YOU! I was HOPING it would be you!”

32. Claudia and Oaklandcat- snuggles and heartfelt condolences to you both.

The smiling goat should be named Mary Tyler Moore, regardless of gender. Who can turn the world on with that smile? Well, its you goat and you should know it….thanks for the happy pictures!

33. These just made me cry, thanks so much, 2008 was the worst year of my life, thank you CO for helping me through it.

34. Forget your troubles,come on get happy
    Were going to chase all your cares away.

35. These all gave me joy the first time I saw them. Thanks for the great re-run.

36. Alice – sing happy songs, converse with happy people, it really can change how you look at things.

And you can still be ‘cheerful’ when things are not going your way, until you can latch on to “happy” again.

37. The goat looks like Jar Jar Binks!

38. Desdemona says:

To all who have a sadness in your hearts — many hugs and snorgles to you in 2009.

But I just can’t believe I’m the only one who thought the goat looks like Jar-Jar Binks?!

39. wannadance says:

josh, what in hay-yull is that pinky critter with the dentures and the stoned smile?

yep, 2008 was bizarre all right, the last of eight i hope.

so many peeps i know have positive hopeful feeling now. my illness, instead of getting worse as predicted, is actually improving. i think it’s my mood and everybody’s moods.

hope power!!

40. wannadance- may your recovery be complete and may you dance again. Believe in yourself, too!

I too sense a new hopefulness. The trick will be to keep it going!
    Best wishes to you, wannadance,K.

41. That puppy pic is one of my favs… thanks so much for posting it again!

42. I’d watch out for that goat. The smile is on his lips but does not reach his eyes. I suspect he was caught in the middle of committing some nefarious goat activity, like eating his owner’s laundry or chewing on their car tires, but is trying to pass himself off as entirely sweet and innocent. Not buying it, not for a second.

(Actually, I love goats, but I’m feeling rather dramatic today, so …)

43. The puppy and Joe Lieberman; separated at birth?

44. Fred Smilek says:

these pics are to cute.
    Fred Smilek is the acting president of the Society to Save Endangered Species. It was founded two years ago by Fred Smilek along with his two best friends Charles and Jonathan. http://www.fredjsmilek.com

45. Fred Smilek says:

these pics are to cute.

46. Fred Smilek says:

these pics are to cute.

47. The puppy smiling in this picture is too cute!!! I want one….