Annoyed Dragon Side-Eye

"This is the LAST DAY you can dress me like this, MoFos.

From 2009 on, I go nekkid!"

Img_7558

Side-eye enhance!

Side_eye

Richard has his own blog (of course.) Direct all side-eyes to Vic L.

Comments

1. Wow, Richard is one gorgeous guy, and he’s the perfect shade of Christmas green!

2. Aww, he looks very jolly.

3. Space Cowgirl says:

What a fabulous shade of green Richard is! He’d be the perfect neck accessory!

4. AuntieMame says:

This is the Year of the Nekkid Dragon, according to the CO calendar.

5. darkshines says:

Festive Lizard, festive lizard, does what ever a festive lizard does, can he spin from a web? No he can’t, cos he’s a lizard, look ooooout here comes the festive lizard.

6. NOES you gave the dragon frost resistance how shall we defeat him now! o.o

7. Finally! I’ve had my CO calendar in my desk drawer forever! Now I can take it out! Happy 2009 everyone! PS I hope everyone knows there is a Bugs Bunny marathon on cartoon network. I’m into my seventh hour.

8. cute… is the glove required for holding him?

~Dan

9. Um, I was just on Richard’s blog and I have to warn everybody: he eats live pinkies (aka baby mice)and they SHOW it. I’m not nuffin’, just a friendly little heads up. Rock on Richard!

10. Whoa.

I’m not a reptile fan but that is a gorgeous beast. Those colors are amazing.

11. compy-saur says:

Hi, everyone. I am Richard’s mom, Vic. I’m really grateful to have my lizard featured on CO.

In response to Jezebel’s comment, yes, I have given Richard three live pinkies in his lifetime. I will stop this practice. I should mention, though, that I don’t really find it cruel. Carnivores have been hunting live prey for millions of years, and we have documentaries on television showing it.

Again, I hope no one is too seriously traumatized by this. I don’t consider myself an evil person, or anything like that.

Thanks for all the sweet comments about Richard.

12. Dear Richard’s mom:

No worries about the meeses. I didn’t watch the videos because, well, it grossed me out, but I don’t find it cruel. Richard is gorgeous. :) He is an amazing colour!

@Jezebel – I got my CO calendar yesterday – perfect timing. I loves it! :D

13. It’s the GRINCH. In his Santa costume. Tell me I’m not the only one who thought of this?????

And Richard is quite beautiful, though I’m not usually a reptile sort.

14. Compy-saur I don’t think you’re a bad person! You’re a good pet owner who wants to take care of her pet right. I may be the evil one because I watched!

15. Martha in Washington says:

Hey! A Chinese Water Dragon! My son had one of those. Unfortunately the lizard died last April. He had this same gorgeous coloring. Glad to see the reptilian portion of our society getting some air time.

Happy New Year Every Peeps!

16. thelibrarianne says:

Richard is gorgeous. He is FABULOUS, dahling.

17. Wow, that guy could really flip someone off big time with his hind foot.

18. I did this to my monitor lizard once. I found a tiny santa hat and coat for him. He wouldn’t look at me for days. Anyone that says reptiles can’t feel like a cat or dog has never seen a very irritated monitor. Happy new year all.

19. Oh hey. Looks like some HOVERTEXT is needed. Heheh… OK, there we go.

20. Nice to know this is a Chinese Water Dragon…a
    mean, green, slinking machine.

21. compy-saur says:

@ Jezebel: I know you don’t think I’m a bad person :-)

Richie has been grumpy lately, so he would be a nice candidate for the Grinch. (He’s usually a little sullen when he sheds his skin)

@ Posty McPosterson: Even when Richard’s nails are cut, they can leave little scratches when Richard changes positions on my hand. The gardening gloves are just to spare my skin a bit! :-) But Richard is definitely not a mean guy.

22. THEO–Hovertexts make me green with envy! LOL!

23. Cachorro — wait till we feature an anole. Or a CHAMELEON.

24. berthaservant says:

I just love that his name is “Richard.”

25. bookmonstercats says:

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Hey, Richard’s mum, he’s gotta do what beautiful green lizards haveta do and if that means eating live prey that’s it. I don’t like lack of respect for life, but following nature isn’t disrespectful. Just sayin’.

26. Richard is just danged beautiful! Congratulations to you that you can keep him in tip-top condition.

I’m very happy that Richard has such a loving home. Not every beastie is a vegetarian. Thanks a million for the heads-up, I get nightmares very easily.

Best wishes to your household for the New Year!

27. Desdemona says:

Love the COXCU of Richard’s smug little expression. “Why yes, my coloring is quite beautiful if I do say so. And yes, I’ll accept your adoration now.”

28. He’s annoyed because that @#$! gecko gets all the attention.

29. This just proves that nothing -NOTHING- tops disapproving rabbits. This dragon, even with with his shifty eyes, looks downright charming in his disapproval.

30. Kristabelle says:

Beautiful! I can scritch that ready to peel off tail for him if he likes and doesn’t keeel me in the process…

Makes me miss our iguana Less. Watch out for those tails! They don’t even qualify as tailios, because they are strong as heck thwacking musheens!!!

31. Amanda H. says:

I’ve always called it a “side glance,” instead of “side eye.” However, I’m grateful others out there recognize the expression as a totally preesh one for creashures to have.

32. WickedWendy says:

This is great to see on CO! My boyfriend has a Chinese Water Dragon also! We call him Larry the Lounge Lizard! They’re really docile and actually like to be held for the body heat. Rock on Richard!

33. Lizards are full of unnoticed cute! My roomie has a bearded dragon named Rambo and he’s so cool and chill! I love him! I really want to get a lizard or two for my room because it’s so lonely sometimes.

34. kibblenibble says:

On Richard’s blog there is a great video of him eating a cricket. You can get a glimpse of his cute pink tongue…*sigh* ;-)

35. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Excellent hovertext. Love the name, Richard, too. Not that he’s at all like the Richard human I know… who just led the awesomest retreat over the New Year holiday. Rock on Richards! Lizards and humans!

36. What a cool looking Lizard! There’s a lot of other cool pics of him on her blog, he is very spoiled :)