THIS JUST IN: Mini ham with Napoleon complex

According to The BBC News UK, Pet Shop Boss Mandy Bower says "PeeWee" the ham seemed to stop growing at three weeks old. He’s less than an inch long.

Apparently, this full grown hamster is also blessed with a full-grown Napoleon Complex. According to the article, Bower says "He’s a bit bossy with the others" and "Hamsters sleep in a big clump and he sleeps under everybody else, in the warmest spot. I’m surprised he hasn’t been squashed."

_39504931_peewee203_2

Read more on this little Dude and his chances of making it into the Guiness Book of World Records over at BBC News UK..

Comments

1. Thimble ham!!! Squeeeee!

2. I shall crush you like I deed with ze rest of Europe if you do not grant me ze warmest sleeping spot.

[One word, Hampoleon: Caterloo. - Ed.]

3. EEEEEEEEEE he is so cute!

4. AuntieMame says:

Just out of curiosity…how big is a 50p piece? Quarter sized?

5. Michelle S says:

My gosh he’s so nom-able but he’s hardly worth the trouble! Size of a cocktail onion! I’d want to snorgle him but I’d be ‘fraid he’d get stuck in my nostril. :(

6. He’s the rule of cuteness “if an everyday small object makes you look small, it’s cute”! He’s the definition of it!

7. Von Zeppelin says:

MicroHamster: “Can you loan me 50p? I’m a little short today.”

8. Napoleham weel rule zee world !

9. Melts in your mouth, not in your hands, the bite sized hammie treat!

10. So tiny and yet so bossy.

11. I would never send him into exile.

12. Felicityanne says:

AuntieMame: a 50p piece is one inch in diameter.

13. Mojojo Jojo says:

That news story is from 2003.

14. holy marketing ploy, someone should make those available by the bagful, like pop-corn (pop-cuy? slurp)

15. Let’s have a big hand for this little guy’s ability to hold his own with the big hams. Well actually, I guess any hand would be BIG compared to him, wouldn’t it?

16. David Harmon says:

So I guess this would be a “pygmy” hamster. I’m surprised if they’re not trying to breed him, or even clone him.

17. Hammy McNugget!

18. *died*

19. berthaservant says:

Pee-Wee? That’s the best they could do for a name?

How ’bout “Gator” or “Brutus” or “Steel” or “Marshofluffer” or “Edwin” or “Dr. Funkenstein” or “Herr Kommandant” or “Pellets” or “Crack” or “Jub Jub” or “Q-Bert” or something?

Pee-wee?

20. I’m hoping so hard nobody tries to breed this little guy.
    *makes faces like Hiro in Heroes*

21. Berthaservant et ux – do you remember “Too Many Daves?” from Dr. Seuss? Yeah, like that….

22. wow

23. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Marshofluffer? Oh, Berthaservant, you’ve come up with a winner, there!

24. hamster-on-rye says:

“Dinky” or “Gherkin” or
    “Button” or “TinyGuy” or
    “Nugget” or “Kiss” or…
    Well, I really like “Marshofluffer” from
    Berthaservant…
    This is fun! Why should my
    nephews have all the fun?

25. I think he needs a regal name like ‘MacMillan’ or ‘Thor’ or if is is a girl, well, ‘Ariadne’ or ‘Ophelia’or ‘Ragnhilde’. Yeah, big and bold and hard to spell.