SUPER ‘TOCKS ‘n’ Hocks

We interrupt your regularly scheduled Caturday morning cartoons to bring you:

The mightiest… The billowyest… The Bulbous Adventures of SUPER ‘TOCKS ‘n’ Hocks!

“Quick, Hocks! to the Hippodrome!”

Supertocks

Spotted by Sender-Inner Dawn K. at the Seattle Times. P.S. get a load of this BLORPEDO!

Comments

1. Mini- and maxiblorpitude!!

2. Hella tocks.

3. Oh, they are indeed de mostest fabulous tocks evah! DH’s comment: “they are snorterrific”.

4. Oh. My. Gawd.

5. Best. Hippo. Hocks (n’ tocks). Ever.

6. it’s a hippo’tockomus

Isaac.

7. Yitzysmommie says:

Wow! ‘tocks bigger than mine on CO, finally!

8. best blobbular bottom ever!

9. ooh, they look like they could be flying hippos! awesome tocks pic!

10. Golly, after seeing that display, I think we all could have a second piece of pie after all…

11. Those ‘tocks are with out doubt something to marvel at but, has anyone noticed the TOE BEANS ?????

12. Michelle S says:

@cjms:

…Becky look at her butt.

Sooooo cute :D :D

13. My Grandmother Gussie looked just like that but in a good Jewish grandmother way. :)

14. I think I want to be a Hippo in my next life…

15. Yea, uh-huh. Just the view I wanted to see after a month of holiday chowing. Thanks. Now I know what I’ll look like during water aerobics!

16. Oh, sure, take away the 10 lbs the camera adds on and the magnification from the tank and then what have you got? I’ll bet not much! (Snort, snort, OMG!!!! They’re humongous!).

17. OMG Meg he is sooo cute! MAn the hatches
    Blorpedo dive dive dive!

18. Oooh, I even know where this is from – little baby hippo at Berlin Zoo. (Yep, the home of Knut – that very same pic was in our paper the other day…)

19. Annie: aaa-OOOOO-GAH! aaa-OOOO-GAAAAH!!

20. PS I love submarine movies. ;)

21. I love how the legs look like they could be sucked into the body at any moment because of the fatness!

22. I bet the big one on the left has good smackins….not too hard of course! *cups hand and does gentle love smacks*

23. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! “BLORPEDO!”

ROFLMAO!! That’s really just too much kyoot for one weekend >_o

24. Aw, heck! I was just trying to refind that pic yesterday to submit to CO, and Dawn K. beat me to it. The reason I was so excited about it is that it’s a rare and spectockular example of the Unitock.

25. berthaservant says:

That’s too big to be a space station.

26. Ohman, I am having the kind of weekend where I feel that way.

27. zomg, the blorpedo (ha!) link’s image! I really made a high-pitched squee sound when I saw the bebeh hippo. Cute and deadleh blorpedo!

28. Gail (the first one) says:

@The feetsies!!! They kinda look like (real) propellers!

29. J’aime bein les hioppotomme-

‘floodehest’ (SP?) is Norwegian for hippopotamus- my question is, why would Norwegians HAVE a word for hippopotamus? Just wondering…..

Those leggies and feetsies are just tooooo wonderful- yes, they DO look as if they should twirl! And the baby snausage is soo cute!

30. Jennie Mello says:

I’m feeling pretty thin in comparison.

31. This falls under the rule about a thing and a smaller version of the thing being SO CUTE!!!

32. Katrina – I didn’t know what hippopotamus is in Norwegian, but my guess is, they’ve translated the meanings of “hippopotamus” from Greek or Latin (“river horse”) into their language (“flodhest”), instead of borrowing directly from a foreign language. Perhaps it was to preserve the language?
    Disclaimer: I don’t speak or know anything about Scandinavian languages. Perhaps if someone who does speak it is interested, they can elaborate or correct this.

B/c I felt like looking it up and blabbering about my findings despite having errands to run, I used Dictionary.com’s Multilingual Dictionary feature to look up “hippopotamus”, “river”, and “horse”. “Hippopotamus” is (at least spelled) “flodhest” in Norwegian and Danish, and similar-looking in Swedish (“flodhäst”) and Icelandic (“flóðhestur”). “Horse” comes up as “hest” in Norwegian, but the search result on “river” comes up as a different word in Norwegian (“elv”) but also shows “flod” as “river” in Danish and Swedish, so, *shrugs*. I don’t think I can dig further than that. Again, I don’t know the history of Scandinavian languages, so for all I know, the Norwegians could have borrowed the term from their neighbors who translated and coined the term first. =P

Uh… this is pointlessly long. I’m off to the store!

33. totalee puppy says:

Can you imagine this on
    IMAX?

34. TEE HEE…”BLORPEDO”.

35. HIPPO BOTTOMUS!

(Sounds like a Harry Potter chant, I know.)

36. Raemie L. – you wonderful person, you! Oh, once research gets into your blood, it is damned hard to not research everything. I know, I have two librarians and a lawyer in my immediate family. Great job!

Happy New Year, Raemie L., and many more research topics ahead for you in 2009!