Goodbye MacWorld, HELLO CUTEWORLD!

The masterminds over at the Joy of Tech have RUINED my EVIL PLANS!

The moment it was announced that there would be no MacWorld after 2009, I immediately phoned Moscone Center in San Francisco and scooped up the slot. Curses for outing us, Joy of Tech Cartoonist Man!!!

Behold today’s comic. Clickin to embiggin':

1187

I’d like to see that Winston booth too, Sender-Inner Holly!

Comments

1. I would *so* go to a CuteOverload Expo! Will Meg, Theo and NTMTOM be keynote speakers?

[Heh. I'd put together a projector presentation like none you've ever seen. Epic, I tells ya, especially if it's on a Friday... - Ed.]

2. MacWorld is out…and…CuteWorld is in!

Now, that’s exciting!

3. I am so THERE! *goes to stand in line RIGHT NOW*

4. Me too! Me too!

5. Gotta get my pass so I can be first in line for the ‘tocks booth.

6. HA!!! That is AWESOME!

7. Oh I would never waste my hard earned monies on those so called “world expos” but a Cute Overload World Expo?
    In a word. YES! YES! A thousand times YES!
    Why no, I’m not over excited, why do you ask?

8. totalee puppy says:

foxy tocks booth?

9. “Dramatic Chipmonk” is the keynote? Cool!

[...and not one attendee would fall asleep! Guaranteed! - Ed.]

10. I am SO going to Cute Overload World Expo. Are you going? I’m totally going dressed as a puppeh. A shiba inu puppeh, yeah that’s right! :: cutegeek high-five ::

11. totalee puppy says:

Thanks, Metz! Now I’m really pumped to go to the Cute Overload World Expo.
    What a great tee that would be! The back could
    read “I showed up, I saw,
    I snorgled.”

12. Cataloons? Will there be cataloons for sale, or only on display???

13. Instead of swag bags, do we get rehab boxes?

14. Never mind the cataloons booth, it looks like there’s a booth booth for Cats ‘N’ Racks, see it? I’m wondering if that one would be like a salon. Y’know, folks queue up and we artfully arrange their feline accessories? I do love this job.

That ‘Tocks booth could be anything, though. I’m vaguely afraid.

15. AuntieMame says:

As long as there is no ‘shopping in your PowerPoint, Teho. (Cos’ we can tell from the pixels.)

[Under penalty of perjury, I do solemnly swear or affirm that I did not have Photoshop relations with that lolcat. (It was GIMP.) - Ed.]

16. “I showed up, I saw,
    I snorgled.”

ROFL! Oh the tix you could sell for rampant snorgling!

17. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Winston, Inc., Oh, I am SO there… Even as a more or less completely over the top dog person, I tolerate cats pretty well in pictures (less sneezles that way), but I LOVES Winston!!

And in other news: Boomer’s dad is home from the hospital but not out of the woods. He had a TIA (sometimes a precursor to a stroke), and he’s 85 years old. No kiddingks. He’s like an extra dad/grandpa to me… hope he hangs in there a bit longer, for Boomer and me! I’m on Boomer duty tomorrow, as his daughter is bringing him down to UCLA for more sophisticated “tests.” Poor old guy. The tests are sometimes worse than the disorder!

18. Boomer's Babysitter says:

19. Boomer's Babysitter says:

20. Boomer's Babysitter says:

21. Boomer's Babysitter says:

22. Boomer's Babysitter says:

23. Hohoho..you know all the gents will be checking out the cats-n-rack booth. Me? I’d be lining up for Winny’s autograph, and then heading for the ‘tocks and cataloons myself.

24. PS — I have been known to find joy in tech, from time to time. ;)

25. I love the cat sitting on the dog and the giant bunneh.

hugs for boomers babysitter.

26. (the original) Mel says:

I would totally go to a CO convention like a nerd. I also volunteer for the ‘tocks booth. Heh.

This post was almost as funny as NTMTOM’s “Wokka” post, but not as funny as the old slashdot nerdz post. I would say it’s the #2 nerdycool post on CO.

27. I could only dream of a CuteOverload Expo. Maybe they could to it here in Orlando?

28. ha ha, glad you liked our comic. :-)
    Nitrozac was the one who knew all the CO Expo details. :-D

29. @Snaggy: I’ve been reading your strip, and it’s pretty funny! Here’s my favorite so far:

30. I see CuteExpo is well ahead in the poll on that comic site…

31. berthaservant says:

I would like to perform music at the convention. I will put all of NTMTOM’s lyrics to tunes. I could open for Meg’s band. I would also sing Winston-related songs.

32. Imagine the Paw-er Point presentations.

33. And so the mighty empire of cute did embiggin.

34. OMG that is too cute, and the artist’s rendering of Winston is spot on! I love Winston!!!!!!!

35. And why hasn´t anyone thought of staging one of those yet? I´d spend ALL my savings to go to one of those!!! :D

36. Gail (the first one) says:

Sign me up!!!!!

I can imagine the agenda…

Speaker panel discussions:

“‘Shopped or Not? How You Can Tell (for sure) And Why It Matters”

“Pasickie! Cute or Not Cute?”

Featured Speakers: Teho will discuss the dual-role of both Editor and “Reality-Casual-Friday” creator.

Berthaservant will discuss the History of Cuteness In Film

Theresa will chair a special video presentation of “Down Under Cute: Wallys, Roos, Kookaburras and Bret and Idna”

Special musical performance by Katrina and MichaelAnne the Cello

Myself, I am hoping to present on “A Fur-Covered Life: Is Eight REALLY Enough?”

Who else?????

37. Jocularity, jocularity!
    Thanks for the agenda, Gail. I’ll be preparing my proposal immediately, and working on my kookaburra call. HOOHOOHOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!

38. PS Katrina’s Orchestra and my choir could combine for a world premiere performance of a new Oratorio called “SQUEE!”

39. momof2kitties says:

Boomer’s Babysitter: My dad had 4 (four!!) TIA’s this fall (and he’s only 65) and is doing fine now. Chin up!! All good thoughts your way!

And, on a post-related note, where will the BoxHab seminar be? And will Maru be the keynote? My kittehs need help.

*waits eagerly for the complimentary Cute World Expo tote bag and pen*

40. hahah winston, inc.
    “Proud provider of smooshy faces and sneeze attacks!”

41. lorisboston says:

I think my favorite is the person carrying around their cat in a Snuggli. I must do that, somewhere, somehow, without losing an eye (not sure I can count on any of my three to spare me the bloodshed.)

42. bookmonstercats says:

There aren’t enough peeps in the CO cartoon. It would be crowded out, that’s fersure.

43. I’m getting the the ticket queue now. Please post a global CO event calendar, we need to know the dates for the COUG Conf., I need to book my flight and hotel now!

44. Kristabelle says:

Hope the Expo will be coming to the East Coast!!!!

45. OMGPONIES!!1!!11

46. I’d do a presentation “Possums Down Under, an untold story of cute.”

47. OMG Tech Conference! Goodbye IBM! Hello Puppy Snorgling! Sign me up!

48. WOW!!! Luvers it!!!!!
    This is so my world of conferences, meetings, powerpoints, podcasts…. and I work in a school system library!

Now we can schedule several COE’s across the country to make sure everyone has an opportunity to attend… NYC, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, San Fran, Seattle…and if those are successful(yeah right) then we can look at the internationl scene…maybe London, Zurich, Moscow, Cairo, Hong Kong, Sydney….
    Well you get the point.

Millions Meg and company, millions to share the Cute!

49. H-hooray for Cuteoverloadworld! Micheal Anne is soo excited! Theresa, send us the music encoded in super-enhanced secret messages. Totallee-best poem ever on a previous Thread!
    Boomer’s babysitter-I hope Boomer’s Dad is whole and well soon. I am so grateful for the ref’s, I still can’t get through a whole thread at one time, but I’m getting better. And I still can’t type worth a tinker’s dam! (this took forever). Happy Day before Day before Christmas, peeps.

50. Wow and I thought it was cool when I got to go to the Star Trek conventions, and got to meet George Takei… I so dorked out… can’t imagine meeting NTMTOM, Teho and Meg would do to me… and OMG!!111!!~~ WINSTON!!!

51. I think me and hubby would be fighting over cats ‘n racks and Winston Inc. Oh how I heart Winston!!!!! No more OMG ponies….it should be OMG Winston!!!!!

52. OMG PONIES is the best part!!!

53. ShelleyTambo says:

There’s a place for cute adoptable animals, right? So all the rescues and shelters can totally suck in all the animal lovers there?

54. WickedWendy says:

That’s just awesome!

55. Glad you guys like the comic! :-) As you can see I’m totally addicted to CO! I would LOVES a CO World Expo!!! OMGPonies!!! Could you imagine a full five days of cuteness?!

56. I would *so* be there! There’d better be a seminar “Rats *are* cute!” :-) And think of the cash flow; don’t we all love spending money on the cute. Too funny!

57. AuntieMame says:

We also need a ResQte booth, so hunky firefighters can demonstrate mouth-to-meowth, and the Rescue Ink guys can come, too.

58. There should also be break-out sessions on “The Art of Commentroversy: [insert PC topic here, such as - taxidermy, 'so called' humane organizations, obedience and training - evil or not?, etc..]

59. LOL omg this is why I love coming to CO you guys rock So many funny and awesome comments

I would so go to a CO over load Expo.

60. Just a point of correction: There WILL be a Macworld Expo in 2010. Just not one that Apple will be attending.

CuteWorld sounds awesome tho.

61. Tocks exhibition?
    I am so THERE!

62. Nitrozac — actually I can imagine a full 365 days of cuteness.
    [insert yet another link to Cute Overload 2009 Page-A-Day Calendar here]

63. I will volunteer for the Snorgling Booth!!!

To supervise snorgles of puppeh, kittehs, bunnehs and more, you sillies, not to BE snorgled!

64. Road trip to CuteWorld!

I’m sending good thoughts out to all the peeps struggling with health issues. Get well soon, Boomer’s dad and Katrina.

65. Hopefully I would meet all of my new peeps at the convention! The vet lady I work with sees a lot of exotics…and yes, rats are very cute. Bunnehs are wonderful to snorgle, but don’t snorgle the hedgies. Lizards and snakers are hard to snorgle…just don’t lick or nom them cause they carry salmonella…I could have a presuntaysh on exotic snorgeling. Be careful with the big birds cause they can bite your nose off with those huge nut cracking beakers…

66. I’m torn. Attending a world expo like that could be hazardous to my health. Just a teeny daily dose of CO already makes me ‘SPLODE into squishy poofs of cuteness and rainbow barf. A whole convention worth of CO? My head…my eyes…gaaah I don’t know if I can HANDLE the CUTE!

Plus imagine how tired my neck would be if I attended the “Perfecting the ‘Baroo’? Pose” seminar. Must practice my headtilt!

67. Part I
    Tenor solo:
    Comfort ye, my puppies
    Aria: Ev’ry kitty shall be exalted
    Chorus: And the fuzzy cataloons shall be revealed
    Chorus: All we like ‘tocks

68. Theresa: awesome! But you forgot…

Hallelujah! For the Winston omnipotent reigneth!

69. My Angora bun and Jagdterrier both would like to say….
    “I’m a PC!”. :p

70. I am a PC too, and I like Burberry, as well.

But Lord Amercy, would I every like to go to a Cute Overload Conference.

Not just in a cartoon, either.

71. I’ve had real-life get-togethers with online friends before, and these gatherings were much fun and pretty hilarious. I can’t imagine what a group of CuteOverloaders in one room would be like. Pink fluffy madness!

72. CatLoves and Adi — hear hear. I was an Apple kid back in the day, but then I grew up and learned to *build* PCs. Still, I must concede that the iPod Touch really is a nifty gadget.

Meg, on the other hand, is Apple to the core. (nyuk… I crack me up)