Death by Gossip

"… and Stacie and me were at the mall just now, and we found the cutest little tops, I swear to God you’ll just die when you see them, and she told me that Rhonda told her that she overheard Rachel telling Becky that Rachel’s husband had to sleep on the sofa the entire week because it was her birthday and she was really looking forward to getting the diamond pendant she’d been hinting about all year, but instead he gives her this big ugly upright vacuum cleaner, I swear it looked like something out of Star Wars, and then Becky said that’s nothing, let me tell you about the time Brad bought her the edible underwear for their anniversary, and …"

Yup ... uh-huh ... oh, really? ... yeah ... uh-huh ... zzzzzzzzz

The things we put up with, Dimitri P.

Comments

1. And then this one time, at band camp . . .

Oops! Wrong kind of gossip. :-)

2. TIE-TIE

3. i thought i was first post.

4. B-serv, it’s like you have my phone tapped.

5. OMG, that was the typo-fairy (and the glass of pinot grigio)! I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I meant NTMTOM!!!

It’s like NTMTOM was listening in on my conversations. Bugger.

6. Much cuter than my doggy which just drooled all over my slippers.

7. Von Zeppelin says:

I’m not sure your caption is correct. I think the pup is hearing: “Your call is important to us. Please remain on the line and our customer service representatives will answer the calls in the order received. [Five minutes of Mantovani instrumental versions of Bobby Vinton's greatest hits. . .]“

8. Oh, do I ever remember these types of phone calls from high school. Some women are IMPOSSIBLE to get off the phone.

9. Has anyone else noticed the tiny paws in the background? Somebody is listening in on this gossip. Soon it will be all over town!

10. LOL poor little girl fell asleep listening to a lot of nothing didn’t she!

LOL@ Theresa.

And Von Zeppelin that is more like the phone call I fall asleep on. You know the one to tech support.

11. ohhh I just want to hug him…and the tiny paws in the background ;)

12. Warning: yelling.

IT IS A CORGULA PUPULA!!!!!
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Thank you, back to civilized behavior.

13. AND ITS THE ONE WITH THE BUTTONS(TAIL). (!)

Yeay CORGULAS!

14. berthaservant says:

Well, I’m just happy that Theresa thought I would be clever enough to come up with this NTMTOM classic. And I will add nothing clever here.

I would, however, like to hear about what happened with the edible underwear….

15. dang, Bserv….reading my mind again!

16. vegas vickie says:

von zeppelin, i agree with your post. even my husband lol. me roflol great just great hahahaha

17. Reminds me of incredibly dull phone calls from family members who can’t tell a story in less time than it takes a glacier to form. “So on Thursday….was it Thursday? No, it must have been Wednesday because Thursday is when I have lunch with Edith von Schinckerson. Remember Edith? She used to live in that blue house on Bland Street. Not the sky blue house but the house that’s the color of that sweater that Norma gave me for my birthday. Or was it Christmas? Anyway, on Thursday….no Wednesday…”

18. aww the person on the other line most be hearing snore…………… snore……………

19. and then suddenly it would stop awww he is DEAD

20. aww some annoying person KILLED HIM ITS THE MURDER OF THE DOG CATCHER HES PUTING HIM TO SLEEP

21. Jennie Mello says:

You know, once for Valentines Day my husband gave me a pan.

22. @Jennie: You should have given it right back to him. That’s why God gave us foreheads. ;-)

23. That’s right, Corgie Pup. I’m the stalker and I’m calling from inside the house!

24. hamster-on-rye says:

Von Zeppelin–So great!

25. totalee puppy says:

I knew right away that this
    was a NTMTOM post…LOL!

26. I love the one barely-peeping-open eye.

27. binky-mama says:

I agree with Von Zeppelin, this is what happened last time I tried to get technical support! Only I think I had a drool puddle. :P

28. “Popeye”

29. AuntieMame says:

Decca, you must be related to me, because that person is my mom. Except that she always calls so that I can sit there and listen to her talk to my dad…

30. Jennie Mello says:

NTMOM: At least he remembered!! ;)

31. Kimberly, it’s not just the womens! I have an uncle who is the WORST to get off the phone. :)
    Blah blah blabbitty blabbitty!

32. @Decca – ha, that was great, that definitely made me lol a little bit, bland street.
    Ahah.

Also, pups is sooo cute, little stubby legs…so tie-tie.

33. awwww zeh purr wittle puppeh! Teh cell-ie is as big as him!

34. Sounds like my Sister, to have a call lasting less than an hour is a rarity.

35. “..but instead he gives her this big ugly upright vacuum cleaner, I swear it looked like something out of Star Wars..”

This made me snort! Would be quite cool(ish?) to have a RD2D vacuum cleaner anyway. :D

36. Decca, Jennie & NTMTOM,
    thank youse guyz for adding further laughing out loud, to the laughing out loud that occurred when I read through the sample dialogue the dog was “hearing” on his/ her cellphone.

wonderful & true.

37. I used to have a friend that I could put down the phone in mid-conversation (similar to the one above), and pick it up about five minutes later, and say “oh? Really?” and keep it up for a half-hour at least. Amazing!
    This baby is so tie-tie (bored?), he can’t even close both eyes properly.

38. What’s the story, morning glory? What’s the word, hummingbird? Have you heard about Hugo and Kim? Did they really get pinned? Did she kiss him and cry? I must call her right up, I can’t talk to you now, bye!

Am I giving away my age?

39. Kristabelle says:

Susan – you took the song right out of my brain… I was filling in the Oh My/Yeah Yeahs after each of your questions… :o)

What a cutie corgi!

40. I can’t *believe* Rachel got a vacuum cleaner! LOL

41. Killer Corgi (Westminster Abbey) doesn’t snore, but she does ‘yawp’ in her sleep, which would probably be enough for the person on the other end to continue…..

Cardigan Corgis are just soooo cute!

I just spelunked her ears- a time consuming activity, and she is grateful- the next day. No more ear flapping!

42. Katrina, is it a “barbaric yawp”? A la Walt Whitman? What a poetic pup!

43. Ok, you tell me, Theresa, it usually is about 2 or 3 in the morning. Although it has been 10:00 a night when Killer’s ‘Daddy’ is watching the news. She seems to be in dreamstate and her (short) leggies are twittering and she breathes hard. (Quite the imagination this dog has). So, If I would guess she is chasing something or being chased by something. There is a lot of room for interpretation there-what say you? There have been dolefull (and I mean dolefull) BAROOS OF SOMETHING OR OTHER. And we always feel sorry for her, as if something is leaving her or she is leaving something. (Some imagination these people have).

44. Boomer's Babysitter says:

NTMTOM – “that’s why God gave [you] foreheads?!” That’s great, just a day late… I shoulda brained my SO yesterday. Too funny! (and no, I wouldn’t smack him that hard… just be tempted).

45. @Kristabelle,

The thing about giving away my age is that I typed that WITHOUT Google or Wikipedia! Bye Bye Birdie! Nighty night, Corgula!

46. Corgulas all over the world wish you a good nite-nites, Susan.

47. I think Zeppelin had the right idea.. this is what happens to all us, when we are put on hold due to order call is received!! really no one is talking to anyone, we are all just waiting like well trained pavlovian beings to wait and wait untill we zonk out and forget why we called or cared:)

48. Isn’t it great when you can just sit down and relax like this and have a beautiful conversation with a friend? I’m sure you can’t exactly understand what your puppy is saying, but on some level it doesn’t matter because the little dude loves you unconditionally :-)

49. GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING
    GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING
    GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING
    GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING
    GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING
    GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING
    GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING
    GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING
    GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING
    GIRLS GOSSIP MINDLESSLY ABOUT BOYS AND SHOPPING

50. yeah but, no but, yeah but…

51. That’s true…although I find in the modern day, guys seem to gossip a lot, too. Everyone feeds off gossip.

52. With apologies to Sandra the Zebra Girl, gossip is such a rock up my ass.

53. DLR in Canada says:

lol, too cute! reminds me of another photo i saw a while ago of a ferret on a cell phone. it had the same bored look as the puppy. lol.

54. Wow, this page is now the top Google search result for the phrase “girls gossip mindlessly about boys and shopping.” *That* was quick.

55. Google hearts us.

56. all you guys got this wrong.. it’s a trucker, on hold waiting for a load from dispatch.

57. Pup’s been washed by the rain, driven by snow, drunk & dirty don’tcha know?