Worms in love

Cue the violins…

Cue the beady eyes…

Cue the loooooooooove…!

Don’t miss the second part of the worm soap opera, when one of the wormies takes a trip to the beach…

Comments

1. Cute or gross??

2. Bleen! That was so effing cute! Little trembling wormy eyes!

3. Awww! A love story with a slight grossness factor! Oh, the wormitude. *sigh*

4. I can’t believe I just watched 4:48 of 2 worms in love, but is was amazingly compelling and of course, CUTE.

5. cheesybird says:

Sacre bleu! Those videos are les awesomes!

6. Awwww. the little wormy nose rub after the kiss right at the end was well Tres Cute..

Okay off to watch part Duex

7. warrior rabbit says:

Awww. That was sweet — and the BEF factor was big on this.

8. warrior rabbit says:

Whoops. No coffee yet. BEF factor is like ATM machine. Redundant! Sorry.

9. The little eyes KEEL ME.

._. ._.

KEEL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Okay be sure to go see part two Heheheheh it is awesome

11. My mother would constantly berate me for ‘anthropromorphizing things’. Now, I find others who do it, too.

I knew I was right.

What a wonderful cinematic exercise. And, I also really like inchworms. Are there ‘millimeter worms’ in other countries?

12. wannadance says:

it would have to be centimeter worms.

hard to believe i watched this whole vid. jeez. hard up for thrills.

13. I can’t believe I watched the WHOLE THING… (is there Alka Seltzer for eyeballs?)

14. berthaservant says:

Okay, I have a few questions:

1) How did the worms get inside the apples in the first place?

2) Why didn’t they just sleep together in the same apple? Are they abstinence-only worms?

3) Aren’t worms asexual?

4) Why didn’t Worm #2 just jump out of the apple when the truck was driving away? I think it’s because s/he was really ambivalent (at that moment), which makes Worm #1’s attempt to find Worm #2 that much more of a leap of faith.

5) Why did it sound like the apple orchardists were speaking Japanese?

Overall, too many holes for this script to be believable. As a former Hollywood development executive, I demand to know who failed to provide adequate story notes.

That having been said….

WAAAAAHHHHH!! It’s SO CUTE! THE WORMS ARE IN LOVE!!!!

P.S. I am lonely.

15. berthaservant says:

The second one is a bit more linear and meditative. It gave me a “Barton Fink” feeling except without Steve Buscemi as the bellhop.

16. 1) transporter accident
    2) shacking up would’ve been moving too fast; worms tend to be old-fashioned like that
    3) actually no — just hermaphroditic
    4) have *you* ever tried this?? seriously
    5) the original Catalan wasn’t deemed to be quite as universally cute-sounding
    6) dude, shut off the ‘puter and get thee to a cooking class; just trust me

17. @B-Serv, the “worms” that occupy apples and other fruit, are not generally worms, they are LARVA. Of some insect that deposited eggs there so that the babies can feed on the fruit.
    Which raises a different question. Since these two are just babies, they are clearly TOO YOUNG for all this, and this is like a Romeo-and-Juliet story.

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

18. 5a) it wasn’t the SCRIPT they were chewing holes in, goofus
    5b) PUDDING INCOMING!!! :spucc:

19. Beautiful!
    Lovely story & so well done!
    Le sigh.

20. HALP! I want to submit a photo for Nosevember but I can’t find a submission link anywhere on the page. Can anyone tell me where to send my photo? Thanks!

21. Amy — look in the right-hand margin under “Got Cute?”

Be advised, though, we get BOATLOADS of submissions. Daily. Meg is (and must be) *very* selective.

22. Glad I didn’t watch this at work because I yelled an anguished “NO!” when the truck drove off with the little love wormie. Not sure I could’ve explained that outburst to my coworkers …

23. Thanks Theo! I submitted Chester’s nose and will wait to see if he is CO-worthy.

24. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Wow… such amazing animation!! I watched several others on You Tube (OK so I like animation a lot…), and they are all good. I recommend the mosquito videos!

25. Cute

26. The love of larva is love of the purest, most Platonic kind. (Anyway I thought they were caterpillars).

27. damn PMS..this made me cry.

28. looks like good kissing and apples

29. Definitely very cute! Now I want to move to a small village in France. And an apple (worm-free).

30. Khadija: I just got off it, but it would’ve made me cry, too. No shame!

Goodness, that was adorable. <3

31. Awwwwwww, that was unutterably cute. My heart is warm. *pokes it* :)

32. Gail (the first one) says:

Running through my head during the vid:
    “Some enchanted evening,
    You may see a stranger….”

At the end, I was kinda expecting the tunnels in the apple to be in a heart shape!!

33. so I”m hard hearted and got bored and turned it off.

But I did like the monching faces as they et.

34. crazyweinerdoglady says:

who can resist beedie wittle eyes???? *..*?

35. “the “worms” that occupy apples and other fruit, are not generally worms, they are LARVA”

EW!!

36. berthaservant says:

Cooking class is a good idea except I have no time and no money and am a starving graduate student who is likely moving more than 1000 miles away in less than a year. It is not an ideal time for me to be looking for a hemaphroditic worm partner.

(Said he with all the dignity in the world).

37. Awww, if the little inch wormies that invade my lawn every spring were this cute with little beady black eyes, I wouldn’t be screaming and running from them every time I had to walk to the and from the front door.

38. Joke I learned as a little kid:

Q: What is worse than biting into an apple and finding a worm?

A: Biting into an apple and finding half a worm!

EEEWWWWWWWWWWWW! ;)

39. @ Bertha S… Sometimes the one we love shows up ahead of our planned schedule. Says she who met the man of my dreams 3 years ahead of schedule… (Blushes) and married him after about 3 months total of knowing him…. We have been married for 27 years now…and there is no end in sight of our affection for one another.

40. Trembly wormy eyeses! So cute! …Would it be inappropriate to send this to my (should I call him a?) BF… 2 months of dating, some grown-up snuggles, no “L” word yet… but worms!!

41. Go Annie!

Berthaservant, we are here, SWAK, K.

42. (After watching part 2, beach video)
    “Chenille” is the French word for worm/caterpillar?? Puts a new light on my chenille bedspread, doesn’t it?

43. Serendipity! Here’s a photo of the real thing, posted today on the Nature Photographer’s online magazine –

You can preview the url here:

44. warrior rabbit says:

I am not fabric savvy (I know cotton, flannel, wool, and that’s about it), but apparently your chenille is made from cords, and the cords originally looked like caterpillars.

n.

1. A soft tufted cord of silk, cotton, or worsted used in embroidery or for fringing.
    2. Fabric made of this cord, commonly used for bedspreads or rugs.

[French chenille, caterpillar, chenille, from Latin canīcula, diminutive of canis, dog; see kwon- in Indo-European roots.]

Ya learn something new every day, eh?

45. the bug man says:

berthaservant: “It is not an ideal time for me to be looking for a hermaphroditic worm partner.”

Er, bserv, that implies that there *is* an ideal time for you to be looking for a hermaphroditic worm partner.

You have my sympathies about grad school. Grad school crushes your soul like it’s a ripe peach in a hydraulic press. It was a very lonely time for me too.

‘Course, I spent a lot of it in a shack in Central America, with geckos. That may have been an extreme case. Nonetheless, peach, meet press.

It gets better, by the way. Really it does.

46. I hope those two worms got married before they started shacking up together!!! ;)

47. berthaservant says:

Hey, I’m ready, but it’s a jungle out there and “living at home with my mom while I finish my dissertation and take on four part-time jobs” is not a very good advert for a serious partner, and I only do serious, so….

(It’s not that bad, peeps, I’m used to it, and I have Bertha). :-)

48. Gail (the first one) says:

Well, BServ, I can relate…

I must admit, if you’d told me at 18 I would *still* be single at nearly 48 (in 2 days!), I probably would’ve ended it then and there! I couldn’t have imagined life being (relatively) okay. But, life has its compensations! I have 8 of them (Nicky the dog and the 7 kittehs)!!!

Someday, my non-allergic, cat lover prince will come!! LOL!!!!

49. totalee puppy says:

To Gail (the first one)…”And away to his castle you’ll go”…(blue bird chorus “Weet weet weet
    weet weet”…

50. Little bro’ I love you, but
    WHEN are we gonna have some cool? Can’t believe you are weet-weeting on CO!
    Theo, thanks for another day!

51. Whoa, when did I become the omnipotent granter of days??

52. Waaaah! I want a wormie lover to curl up with at night. Oh GOD! Someone hold me!

53. OhhhhhhhHhhhhHHHHhhhh you guys! Come on I just died! <3

54. I was so afraid they were going to get run over. That tells you something about my love life. :( Nonetheless, it was very cute. :)

55. This is from the French TV show Minuscule, btw.

Sooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!! :)

56. Awwwwwwwwwwww kay00t! :D

57. is it wrong that i bawled my eyes out at this? my BF had to keep handing me tissues. *waaaahhhhhh*

58. Looooove the little kiss noises!

59. They have wormed their way into my heart!

60. That was equal parts adorable and horrifying, Furbs.

61. “If the apple tree’s a rocking, don’t come a-knockin.”

signed – Wormie
    (apologies to anyone else who wrote the same)

I can’t believe I missed this yesterday. I think I got distracted and walked away and when I came back I forgot. Thank goodness I finally watched it because it was friggin’ delightful, precious and sweet! Love a good ending.

62. Marie…what a precious and sweet comment!

63. Not so sweet when you bite into an occupied apple.

64. J’adore ces vers!

65. Love is a funny thing. When you want it and are looking for it, it never comes. But when you stop looking and trust your life to whatever fate has in store for you (even if it’s being alone)love will find you. And take it from me that’s the best, real kind of love there is. I know exactly how our little wormy friends fell!

66. How they FEEL is what I meant, but they did fall, didn’t they?

67. OMG!!! I JUST WANT TO SQUEEEEEEEEZE THEM!…wait…no. EEEE! :D

68. They’re like Slimey from Sesame Street!