OMG IT’S MARMOSET MONDAY!

Sing it with us now;

Marmoset there’d be days like this

There’ll be days like this marmoset

Large_baby_pygmy_marmoset

Marmoset, marmoset!

Baby_pygmy_with_ping_pong_ball_2Albinomonkey_228x279_3

Marmoset there’ll be days like this,

there’ll be days like this marmoset

Fingermonkeys

I went walking the other day

Marmoset

everything was going fine

I met a little boy (turtle) named Billie Joe

189252687_6088a0b5a6_o

and I almost lost my mind! [repeat chorus]

Video from Sender-Inner Susanna G., Pygmy Marmoset by Johnny2bad, Pygmy Marmoset with a PING PONG BALL YES HE’S THAT SMALL from Caroline W., Albino pygmy marmosets via Daily Mail UK from Sarah W., Pygmy marmosets making a peace sign from Sender-Inner Laura H., Albino pygmy marmoset sent in by everyone and their brother, Marmoset who looks like he’s about to go walking with a 3-inch walking stick from Sender-Inner RMT via Wildlife Conservation Society, pensillita_marmoset, was pointed out to us by Caroline W. and photographed by drumattica. Pygmy Marmoset by Dries Arnolds. Baby marmoset, suggested by Hattie J., photographed by floridapfe. Baby marmoset, by floridapfe. ;)

Comments

1. so jiggly!!!!

2. I love CO! that was great.

3. mandy_Reeves says:

bleeen!!! < ---since the first poster didn't call it.

You can keep those as pets right? You need like a license and whatever first I imagine, plus all the health issues. Still sooooooo nommable!

4. I can’t think of a better way to start out a gray Monday morning–you guys are the best!!

5. Wow.

6. Outstanding job, Meg. I totally thought that was a NTMTOM special.

7. Steppy’s knuckles hurt from trying to grab adorablesness thru monitor. She has now had her first dose of cuteness for day. Thank you

8. They’re so, so fingular!

9. wannadance says:

those little nubblet noses, omg.

how do these tiny ones survive in the wild? anybody know? they are just so tiny and sweet.

maybe they swing fast.

thanks to all for the wonderful vid, which i am sending to my daughter.

10. One of these guys is actually a bad guy from Sonic 2. Look!

(I am such a dork)

These pics and the song have made me smile and warmed my ever-so-cold cockles while I huddle on the sofa in freezing North East England. Thanks, C.O!

11. This is a response to our 50 bazillion verses of “That’s a Moray” right?
    I need some rest to refill my pun-tank. ;)

12. Awesome, Loved it! Good old fashioned silliness and puns on a Monday Morn! Starting out the gate giggling-Thanks CO!:D

13. “Yeah, things are going fine until the Shirelles sue our pants off for this song>”

I love when the hovertext gets sarky!

14. My Marmoset I never should
    play with the Gypsys in the wood.

15. Wow. Wow. Wow.

16. They look like something designed by Dr Seuss. And Aquanet.

17. Pure genius. One of those things that makes me mad because I didn’t think of it. (Of course, I shouldn’t be that way–or so my marmoset.)

Now, can we cross one of those with one of my favorite cats and get a marmie-set?

18. Best. Post. Ever.

19. twoferrets says:

I just found out that my 15+ year old “country kitty,” who lives with my parents, passed away… this video was just what I needed! Days like this indeed, Marmoset…

20. earworm, HELLO!

my marmoset i should be working, not looking at baby monkeys on CO ;)

21. You know, I *am* singing.

(PS – Marmoset knock you out.)

22. ok, marmoset (riding a turtle) DID knock me out – for the rest of the day, I am totally don’t and won’t be able to think of anything but marmoset on a turtle.

23. Not to be picky, but aren’t a couple of those guys on the video tamarinds?
    (TA-MA-RIND! TA-MA-RIND!)

24. Ummm… Hello Rule of Cuteness #14.

25. Whoops, just discoverd I called the little guys trees! The monkeys are *tamarins*
    (TA-MA-RIN! TA-MA-RIN!”

26. PS, 2 Fav frames on the video:
    “I met a little boy named Billy Joe
    And I almost lost my mind!”

From henceforth, I decree all ring-tailed lemurs shall be named Billy Joe.

27. Theresa: poetic license. The lyrics need marmosets.
    WE MUST HAVE MARMOSETS!

28. Theo, do you have your poetic license and regitration?

29. [regurgitates frenetic lions]

30. biscuithead says:

Thankyou CO!
    Just thanks.
    My mood has improved vastly from the sight of these little guys.

31. OMG the cute … This was the perfect post for me

I have a Spanish test this morning and I shall be singing that song all through it and picturing all the Marmosets Lemurs and Tamarinds

32. Kristabelle says:

That was excellent! I’ll be singing that the rest of the day!

33. Teho, you’re killing me! Who knew L.L. Cool J was really talking about monkeys! Although, I gotta tell ya, your Comfortably NOM was the best – I was giggling about that all weekend. Well, wait, I can’t stop laughing about the marmoset, it might be a tie.

34. WendyLeigh says:

Bleen indeed!!

Can we get a collage wallpaper of these?!??!? Oh Please! Oh Please?! OH PLEASE!?!?!?

35. crazyweinerdoglady says:

ok, greatest lyrics EVA… BUT I am not a fan of monkeys…it seriously has something to do when I was little and my MARMOSET I was a monkey cause I climbed on everything and I hated it when she called me a monkey! lol

36. OMG, my first ever accepted submission! I knew the Marmoset Song was the one. :D

-SusannaH G

37. According to ancient writings, Chinese scholars used to keep “ink monkeys” (mo hou) as pets in their studies. They are supposed to be very rare, the size of a human hand. They like to sleep in brush holders or desk drawers. And supposedly you can train them to grind ink, turn pages of books, and fetch brushes and papers for you. They live on various nuts and berries. Want!

38. OMG. i love Pygmy Marmosets. They are seriously my favorite animal and rock the socks off the cute-o-meter. This made my monday!

39. Marmo’s are my most beloved creature. Though we can not have them as pets I worship them.

40. Yay! That put a huge smile on my face because I absolutely adore these little guys!

41. ysubassoon says:

I had to stop my primary activity of the morning to type this, namely pointing to one index finger with the other and saying agressively to no one in particular, “They’re smaller than THIS, people. Do you UNDERSTAND?”

I will now spend part of the afternoon cleaning up the bits and smithereens of my recently exploded head.

42. platedlizard says:

I know someone who breeds these! I think they require a permit which is not hard to obtain, but varies from state to state… I dunno, they’re cute but primates in general make baaaaad pets (biting, poop-throwing, etc). I think I would rather see them at the zoo, lol.

Reminds me, Oregon Zoo used to have this program where they kept some of the Golden Lion Tamerians outside in a small grove of trees so they would get used to living outdoors, before they shipped them to Brazil to be released to the wild. I LOVED seeing those little guys outside in the trees! Too bad the grove blew down in a windstorm (during the winter when there weren’t any of the little guys outdoors). But the program was successful, the area they were releasing them in is now at max Golden Lion Tamerian capacity.

43. …Wait, you mean that’s not the real lyrics to the song?

44. I’ll have that song stuck in my head for a while. It’s funny… when you see the word marmoset written while she’s singing, it makes it seem like that’s what she’s really saying!

45. warrior rabbit says:

crazyweinerdoglady, I sympathize, but I don’t think your childhood trauma compares to the girl whose grandmother told her to wash her “monkey.” I often think of that story and laugh. (Like now!)

46. twoferrets, hugs to you. Kitties should never leave us–at least they stay in our hearts forever.

47. Um, Meg, don’t you mean “albino marmoset set”?

[rlh]

48. JuliaJellicoe says:

Marmoset on a turtle? Is that like kitten on a Roomba?

49. Please excuse Ding from work, an overdose of Cute has caused her brain to go all splody.

50. They look as though Doctor Seuss designed them.

[Wait — he didn’t?? – Ed.]

51. Random silliness! My favourite kind.

52. What is a bunch of tamarins called- ‘a hand’?
    I saw these guys in the National Zoo, they are as cute as it is possible to be. The Golden ones are, are, are-indescribable with teh qte.

There was a Sesame Street song about marmosets, I’d like to hear it again, for those researching mavens out there.

53. berthaservant says:

This is a four-star post, Meggles. Tip-top.

I await someone doing the same thing for Lenny Kravitz’ “Always on the Run.” (“My marmoset it’s good to be natural…).

Oh, and yeah, those things aren’t real. No way.

54. omg, i love the picture where it’s sitting on the turtle!!!

55. Hey! You slipped in a ringer! That one with the stick’s YODA!!!

56. I work on Dirty Dancing, and this song is in it… we always change the words to maromset :)

57. OMG – I love love love marmosets! I always want to take them home with me! Total cuteness…

58. Outstanding post!Went on the internet and found all these people wanting to buy them.I’m not sure how I feel about that.Hope all those potential owners realize that this little creature will become deeply attached to them.No- they’re not cute- they’re DAMN cute!

59. i want one, or 2!

60. Though there are few things in this world cuter, they are incredibly high-maintenance and they are not domesticated. Wild animals should never, ever be kept as pets. It isn’t right, no matter how much we may love them.

61. Here’s some nice Pygmy Marmoset videos from the BBC Archives..

62. saucy bernaise says:

I saw this posting this morning, and I have been singing “Marmoset there’ll be days like this” all day. Verrrry cute animules, but how do I get the gosh darn song out of my head?! BTW, marmoset finger pets – WANT NOW!!!!

63. Sahrawi Wife says:

WOW! TOO Much Cute for a Monday !
    *poof* Brain espolded
    *Loud Thud* falls on floor from too much cute after working night shift in county jail

64. Thanks a lot for almost killing a loyal reader. I was already laughing, but when I read the hovertext about the Shirelles suing your pants off, I laughed so hard I almost couldn’t breathe. Brilliant.

65. I love marmosets. I love mondegreens. I love this post.

66. totalee puppy says:

Good times!

67. Lol at the video! :D

And OMG aren´t the tiny finger-marmosets adorrrrable! *wants*

68. totalee puppy says:

twoferrets-Sorry for your
    loss. Country kitty will
    certainly be missed. Glad you had a little cheer with the marmosets…Maybe this is a good time to feel thankful for 15 years
    with a great little friend.

69. Marmies! Apparently anything and everything named marmies are just ridiculously cute.

70. “The name is Set. Marmo Set” – he says to the turtle………
    Oh that gave me a good laugh. What funny/cute looking little creatures.

71. Many thanks for posting the BBC footage. They look mighty happy eating their tree sap and bugs.Maybe we better just leave them up in the trees and admire their fantastic cuteness from afar.No condemnation here-just sayin’.

72. Aww, I love marmosets! <3

73. I Lurv Marmosets!!! I just read Mitz by Sigrid Nunez. http://www.softskull.com/detailedbook.php?isbn=1-933368-56-X

It’s about Virginia and Leonard Woolf’s marmoset. Highly recommended.

74. temperance says:

i
    can’t
    get
    this
    song
    out
    of
    my
    head

75. I want one on my finger!

76. Gack, so much marmoset cuteness! I *want* to keep this earworm stuck in my head.

77. Strange days indeed!

78. I wish a hand full of Marmosets to everyone! I’m going back to the puppies-if they are still there…

79. I showed this to hubby, and he said, and I quote, “How do they MAKE them so little?”

80. This is just so fun to watch! I first heard of this song when a coworker used it on a wedding video that he was working on. Now, after seeing the video, I sing “Marmoset there’ll be days like this” instead of the original lyrics. :D