Encore Presentayshe: Real-life Bambi and Thumper

People, if you haven’t already checked out the photography of Tanja Askani, you SHUD!

Exhibit A; the Snorgle-a-thon of a prosh deer and hare. Check out the fest below, and see all Tanja’s photos here.

Image1Image2Image3Image4Image5Image6Image7Image8Image9Image10Image

Ruhmember to check out ALL Tanja’s photos! You won’t buh-leaf it! More Bambi trivials over at IMDB!

Comments

1. Yay! I love how they’re the same color.

2. Ahh yes athe infamous bunny and doe caper!

3. So precious no matter how often I see it. Sitting here with head tilted to side just looking at cuteness goin awwwwww.

4. Yeah, that fifth picture from the top just blows me away!

5. C’mon people! It’s clearly photoshopped!

6. Love it…so sweet!

7. STOP IT! It’s too much! I can’t handle it!!!

8. Let’s say it one more time…awwwwwwwww!

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy:)

9. hdfiodjozxdkpxenzxddinxdtkp

That’s me beating by head on the keyboard. I can’t handle this level of cuteness.

10. texirishrose says:

Image 10: slurp, slurp (wai 2 kewt tongue-age)

11. my favorite is the simultaneous leg grooming.

12. I see teh tung!

13. I call matchingks!

14. That deer has a Fu Manchu mustache!!

15. Next thing you know, Meg will be posting bunnies in boots!

16. Candlejack says:

SPOILERS: BAMBI’S MOM DIES

17. I love the Disney trivia in the hovertext. I’m kinda sorta a Disney fan, but I never knew that stuff.

@Candlejack: No, Bambi’s mom reveals that she’s Luke’s father.

18. Actually, that’s not true either. The REAL spoiler is this: At the end of the movie, we learn that Bambi’s mother is Keyser Söze.

19. momof2kitties says:

This is so cute I think I’m gonna cry.

Yup.

Damn.

20. cries at desk…

21. Awww…that makes me saaad. :(( This isn’t really a sad post, but for those of you who do not know, last week the Caribbean monk seal went extinct.Maybe you could post something on that, Meg?

22. LAST WEEK THE CARIBBEAN MONK SEAL WENT EXTINCT. I’m not joking. Spread the word.

23. And Bambi learns he has a twin sister named Leia.

24. Precious. I love this one of hers, I love it when dog’s tongues are all flopping around

25. I love these pics. They make life seem okay. :P

It also reminds me of a photo set posted here awhile back, with a young fawn taken into someone’s house in the winter time, cozying-up with the family dog. I wonder whatever became of that little deer?

26. (whispering)

I see Caribbean monk seals!

27. It’s Bambi and Thumper!

28. Twitterpated!

29. This is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen.. *splode* & *falls off chair*

30. texirishrose says:

HOW ABOUT A COXCU ON DA TUNG? ;)

31. Those animals know we’re watching. They are doing it on purpose!

32. scooterpants says:

omg. Tanja’s photography is absolutely unbelieveable.
    The Photo of the young woman with the owl!!! SHUT THE *ELL UP! “who’s a pretty girl ?”
    wow. all i can say is wow.

33. @Jezebel — NOT ‘shopped. Check out the mingling of the fur in the nose-to-nose pic (5th from top). You just can’t get that degree of fine-tuning with Photoshop. Plus, the shadows are right.

34. Woah—that was a great start to my day!!!

35. Oh deer, that’s too qte! *ded*

36. Ah, the wolf lady Tanja Askani. Her day job is breeding wolfs in a wild animal zoo. Other occupations: painter, author, photographer

Some of her wolfs http://www.fishing4stock.de/fishing4stock-cgi/topixx?op=thumbnails1&string=w%F6lfe

One of her books: http://www.tanja-askani.de/info/?p=12

Wolf and dog playing: http://www.tanja-askani.de/info/?p=41

Some other photos of her:

Some The lady’s day job? Breeding wolfs in a zoo.

37. berthaservant says:

Kudos for the film history lesson, Meg!

Sadly, the rabbit ate the deer the following morning.

: ducking pudding :

38. Shut down your computer right now if you don’t like these photos. You are too stupid to have a computer.

39. OK NTMTOM, that was the biggest laugh I’ve had in a while.

This is like the ultimate “Peace on Earth” Christmas card. I think I’m too bitchy to handle this much cute. Or not…

40. Is this photoshopped?
    Anyhow, its too adorable.
    They are matching colors and everything!

41. Mary (the first) says:

I have not seen these before! I love them! I want to snorgle both of them NOW! Thanks, Meg!

42. this is one of my FAVORITE things in the world.

43. What kind of redonkulousness IS THIS?! You have killed me ded!

44. Re: the Caribbean monk seal, Science Daily announced this back in June: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080608074828.htm … and there have been no confirmed sightings since 1952. Tragic yes, but not like somebody just went out and offed the last one.

45. Scooterpants – what’s that from? Sounds like Python!?

46. are they stuffed or something?

47. warrior rabbit says:

Not stuffed, not shopped. Totally real.

48. OMG!
    he’s really gay!

49. I was all ready to nuff away that this was a repost, before I happened to notice that this post is titled “Encore Presentayshe”…and really, what is possibly wrong about reposting one of my most most most favorite evar cuteoverload posts? Deerie me, good thing I didn’t get all hopping mad.

50. I lurve the moustache on the deer!!

51. OMG. I’m in love. I love her photos, too. They are many levels of cute.

52. lila_may_qt says:
  53. can someone post the link to the deer and rabbit pics on her website? i can’t read german and i can’t find it :(

thanks!

54. What in theee world?
    Does anyone know the story behind this adorable friendship?

55. Is it real or wat?they look loving though lol

56. Awwwwwwwww! If I saw those two in my backyard it would make my entire week.

57. warrior rabbit says:

The story (in German) of the pair can be found here:

In a nutshell: The baby deer was orphaned when its mommy was hit by a car. Some people out for a walk found the fawn and handed him over so that he could be bottle-raised. The deer was named Finchen and lived in a garden at the edge of a village.

The little bunny showed up, and soon they were inseparable. When the deer, being a ruminant, lay down to process all it had eaten, the bunny would cuddle close. When the bunny was off doing his or her own thing, the fawn could be seen in the garden, all upset and running around and looking for the bunny. Winter came and the bunny didn’t dig a warren like normal, staying instead with his buddy Finchen.

Spring came, the fawn was now a deer, and then summer came, the time it would normally say goodbye to its mommy. It was time to move Finchen to a wildlife sanctuary, where he could be with other deer and live freely and naturally.

He was knocked out for the journey, and despite there being strangers present, the little bunny came out to say goodbye to Finchen, nuzzling him under his chin.

There’s a postscript to say that they couldn’t pack up the bunny to go with the deer, because it would have been too dangerous to transplant the bunny to an inhospitable new environment filled with foxes and other predators. It goes on to say that there’s a little population of wild hares near the garden, and the bunny joined up with them after Finchen was deported.

58. Wait. THey were separated? OMG HEARTBROKEN. :(

59. Thanks for posting this, it was just the hug I needed at the exact moment I needed it.

60. totalee puppy says:

Breathtaking pictures…enjoyed the hovertext, too. Every time
    I remember them, Finchen and bunny will be together.

61. moistenedbink says:

Oh, now I am heartbroken again as I was the first time when I learned the they were forcibly separated.

Can we not let those who love and understand each other, no matter what race, creed, gender or species, live in harmony and happiness together?

The truly spiritual among us know that there is a connection between all living things. If we all could acknowledge and embrace that the whole world would be more peaceful and much better off.

62. Wow, Tanja A.’s fotocommunity collection could fuel CuteOverload for a month. Especially in the “Interspecies Snorgling” category. Still, for sheer Internetability (yes, it’s a word), I nominate http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/mypics/12278/display/11643804

63. Okay, and somebody MUST put a C.O. caption to this one. MUST, I tell you:

64. Bug Man — how could we do better than “Bääääääh!” ?

65. the bug man says:

I see your point– it’s hard to beat six consecutive umlauts.

66. Hasn’t anyone noticed Bambi has a moustache!!! ?

67. Ahhh.. look at the deer nom on the bunny’s head… ahhhhh…

68. As a former rabbit owner, I can assure you bunnies do not give their trust easily. What a wonderful set of photos, and that’s a top-notch rabbit.

69. …and that is why I loathe hunters with a passion. anyone who thinks it is sporting and fun to take a gun to creatures like this deserve to be strung up by their genitals.

70. I went and looked around in the photographer’s gallery to see what the story was behind this: the deer is very cutely called “Finchen” (so it’s a girl) and was raised by humans. The bunny is an actual wild bunny that befriended her and came to visit all the time. Aww. Now get out the tissues: when Finchen was 1 year old she was to be taken to a wildlife refuge to be gradually released into the wild. They gave her a sedative and while that started working the bunny came and totally seemed to know what was going on, being unusually tender with her and trying to prop up her slumping head. Even though there were several strange people standing around them, he stayed with her till she was taken away. Sniffle-inducing pictures of that last goodbye: http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/mypics/12278/display/5373979
    Awwwwwww. *hiccup*

71. If this ain’t interspecies snorgling, I don’t know what is!

72. And they called it Bunny Love!

73. ohhhhh…*bonk* hed-desk alert…too moshe cute…must go find bun to snorgle

74. That’s pretty special.

75. Actually, that’s not a hare, that’s a rabbit!

76. Pheas — um, yeah. Wups. Fixing…

77. 2 tender souls

78. When I was about 4 or 5, Bambi was my FAVORITE movie, and my very most FAVORITIST Little Golden Book. This series of pix looks like them, only in real life. Awwwwwwwww. *and gives head a baroo-tilt as we reach for a hanky* Snf.

79. It’s so cute!How can that be possible!

80. I bet Finchen is sick of people calling her Bambi. :-)

81. Tanja’s photos are absolutely magical <3 Amazing how a wild rabbit decided to be friends with an orphaned pet deer. I just wished they weren't separated.. sniffle.

82. oh. my. god.

i just totally fell off my chair from the cuteness overload. omg. i havent recovered yet. omg.

83. Just letting you know, but you posted this a few years ago…..

84. You did see the part of the headline where it said “Encore”, right? It was kinda not hidden.

85. Anon a Moose says:

Its clearly photoshopped. You can tell from the angle of the shadows and the pixels. I would know, Ive seen quite a few shops in my day.

86. Mmmm, okay, I’m really hungry now that I’ve seen these.

87. I don’t know what’s worse: the fact that these pics have been photoshopped OR that they are real and these 2 friends were separated!?
    This was super cute until too many details came into play.. kinda like life..
    Let’s just hope it turns our like Homeward Bound and they are reunited! :)