Perfect 90-degree haunch Splayage

[Sir Ye Olde English Safari Guy voice] Ssssssssssh! [Putting binoculars down] This is… unprecedented!  [Gets out protractor] Yes! YES! PERFECTLY splayed perpendicular haunches! just as they’re seen in the wild! INCREDIBLE!

back view

belly viewYou didn’t know Maru could handle the math, did you People?

90-degree splayage

Comments

1. Oh my God. Maru is too much for me!! My Sirius only can manage the spread-eagled position. Not perfectly splayed perpendicular haunches. Not yet. Wait and see, the world.

2. oaklandcat says:

That looks like the afterglow after a nice box session.

3. This, without a doubt, is the MOST perfect kitteh!

4. Sonia Das says:

Maru is certain a kitty of many many talents!

5. I love those two little feet sticking out like perfect handles.

6. in my house we refer to that as pancake butt.

7. biscuithead says:

Frequently mistaken for a meatloaf.

/kliban

8. remarkable. and far more precise than i will ever be.

and hey, how about some
    VOTE VOTE VOTE LIKE A BABY STOAT action for election day? i know i posted that on MY blog :)

happy voting, y’all.

9. Curiously, “Maru” is the Sanskrit word for “T-Square.”

10. Oh I am starting to like this cat. Alot. Seriously!

11. Elaine Wilson says:

Fabulous specimen!! The perfect goodnight tocks

12. I cannot get enough of Maru!!! I love this cat.

13. Omgar. This kitty is like a real-life Garfield. Only dumber.

14. This is my most favorite watermelon with socks! Marooo!

15. that cat is so funny! It’s like, why are you circling me? hahah

16. staralfur says:

LOLOL. I love the 360 degree video of this. Wow.

17. binky-mama says:

I love how he looks up at the camera:

“Whut? Whatchoo lookin’ at?

Seriously, this kitteh is too moishe. I wanna bury my face in his squishiness.

18. A new star of Cute Overload.

19. gravyboat says:

I am a Winston fan for life, but dang…Maru is the new Obama to Winnie’s McCain. Maruuuuuuuuuu…i love uuuuuuuu….

20. Seriously… Maru rivals Winston. Is there anything this cat can’t do?!

21. Maru is giving Winston some serious competition!

22. victoreia says:

“Will you stop that?! You’re making me dizzy! Humans. Sheesh.”

23. Aw @ the “mushy eyes” he makes at the camera.

24. I love his little round face and his eyes when he politely squints them. I instinctively responded by squinting… :)
    What a happy cat.

25. utter gorgeousness!

26. lucy's mommeh says:

I’ve splayed & I can’ts git ups!

27. “T” is for tailio.

28. Maru’s ‘tocks are legendary!

29. The cutest feets! I want to eat them! Shooo shmuffly. This cat has the right stuff.

30. i think that maru and winston need to meet!
    you know that old question of the top 5 who you would have over for dinner from all time?
    i would have to say that winston and maru would take up the top 2 spots.

31. Is Maru a boy or a girl?

32. Maru is my new favorite thing on this site. So snorglable! And I love the head swivelies!

33. snorglepup says:

OMG! I just viewed the Maru collection. You gotta see him wandering the house with a bubble-bag on his head!
    I’m sure he has a unique perspective on life.

34. Lisa (one of several) says:

Maru is awesome!

35. darkshines says:

I love the bubble wrap video, especially the last bit where is is experimenting with his surroudings:

“Water bowl? Nope, can’t drink from that…..toy mouse? Thats giving me a headache…….interesting….” *makes a mental note*

36. What a fantastic specimen!

37. Anonymous says:
  38. Maru is such a chubbular cutie!!!

39. A cat that comes with handle bars, awesome. Come on, kitty, let’s VOOM!

40. I absolutely love Maru. I think CO should make Maru videos a weekly event. <3 He's a wondrous kitt-eh.

41. scooterpants says:

Maru is all, “what? what?? what??? WHAT the *ell are you lookin at?? , FFffttt, Stupid Human”.

42. He looks like a cat you can get a nice big armload of.

43. MuchoMazel says:

I (heart) Maru! Can Maru come over to my house to play?

44. This cat has officially replaced Julianne Hough as the celebrity I would most like to hang out with.

45. wannadance says:

finally, a real use for a protractor. haven’t seen the word since high school, LO, these many years ago.

btw, re: hyperextension: i can do that. but am not as cute. on me it just looks like a bilateral sprain.

46. Looks like Winston has some competish as the official CO kitteh mascot (singsong voice)!

47. Aghh. Enough with the Maru already.

48. God, I love this cat.

49. MaggieBee says:

OMG that is TOO MUCH!! Hahahah!

I loff lil white feets. I want to put them in my mouf…well, after cleaning, lol!!!

50. catloveschanel says:

Couldn’t you tilt this to a 45 degree angle and make it look like she’s climbing the wall? I would like that. It would give me something to look forward to after all the layoffs around here.

51. I absolutely ADORE this cat, and now I can use it as a protractor!!!

52. Fascinating!

53. Beth (in NC) says:

Maru is becoming my favorite all of a sudden… maybe Maru could run as Winston’s VP? OR… maybe Maru should be president?? Ehhhh?? Eeeeeehhhhhh??

54. I think the mot juste here is “perpendiCUTElar.”

Yay, Maru!

55. seriously. i want this cat.

56. tock splayage and head swivelingks! heee!

57. Fatso di Catso needs 20 min of TaeBo daily. Maru esta gordo! Love ‘em with hugs, not snacks! That said … damn cute.

58. AuntieMame says:

Maru looks like my ironing board. Except floofier.

59. OMG best kitteh ever
    cant get enough of this guy!

60. LaFeeVerte says:

Eeehn! I just want to poke his fluffy ‘tocks!!

The bubble wrap on the head is pure genius:

I LOVE how he’s just walking around like “Yeah, I got bubble wrap on my noggin, what of it?”

Is there ANYTHING he won’t stick his chubbular little head into? I loff eet XD

61. We NEEEEEED separate categories for Winston and Maru. Need them.

[What we want, and what we need, has been confused, been confused - R.Ed.M.]

62. Yitzysmommie says:

So you know the saying from your Mom- if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all? Well, that’s been me & Winston.
    But MARU!!!! That is some serious cattage! His floor slides! His boxes!! His, his, CATNESS!!!
    I LURVES ME SOME MARU….

63. I agree Maru is serious competition for Winston.

64. How the person who is filming isn’t laughing hysterically is beyond me! >^.^<

Maru(appears to be male) is FAB.U.LOUS!

65. oaklandcat says:

I was thinking Maru is female. I believe I spotted a bit of orange on her belly. Orange and white, most likely a female.

66. Marooo? MAROOOOOOOOOO? MARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(My Maryam does something similar; a friend correctly pointed it out to me as being referred to as “THE FROG POSITION”.)

67. Oh, the perfectly displayed white FEEEEEEEETSSSSS!!!!

*dies from the cuteness*

68. Looks like a dagger handle. That’s not a cat, it’s a weapon!

69. Gail (the first one) says:

@Bserv: Snerk!

I love the so sweet look back over her(?) shoulder at the camera…very Betty Grable!!! (now, that’s an OLD reference kiddies!)

70. Maru is the new Winston. pshhaw.

71. Nooooooos! I like Maru, I really do, but my heart will always belong to Winston.

72. I love Maru. I just wanna snuggle him and kiss his widdle nose.

73. Whadya mean my butt looks big???

74. Umm double jointed hips, gotta be. My daughter has double jointed shoulders, could completely circle herself through joined hands when younger…and she’s almost as cute as Maru… :)

75. omg this kitty is precious. fat chub :D

76. He looks at the camera man as if he resents being contemplated as a drafting tool.

77. He looks at the camera man as if he resents being contemplated as a drafting tool.

78. of course i had to watch every video of this kitty after that… my favourites are these:

79. oh… k guess you already posted one of those – that’ll teach me not to comment when catching up in reverse-chronological… :/

80. wendygeee says:

MOREMOREMOREMARU!
    We can’t get enough of Maru!

81. Maru is sooo cute – but is this some kind of special breed? My cat looks just like him, and she was a stray…I would love to know!

82. that’s 180 degrees, but he’s still cute.