[Making crazy motion with hand next to head]

Sender-Inner Shelley (who obviously just escaped from Goldenbrook sanitarium) wrote to say "This was a piece of banana I cut for my daughter. I just couldn’t feed it to her though. See why?"

Yes Shelley, we do. [shifty eyes]

Dsc_4299_medium

Comments

1. Two Cents Worth says:

What a cute happy nanner!

2. Winglessfae says:

OMG. I would have squealed and then done the same thing… what a sweet glamour shot you’ve got there. I don’t think I could have fed him to someone either! just toooooo precious…..and as per usual, totally redonk.

3. that makes me happy.

4. OMG!!!! Adorkable banana! (I got that new word from “Flattery will get you everywhere.” :)

5. This picture gives me the jivijeebes! First time here and I find a mysterious banana slice smiling at me… Please, don’t feed smiling nanners to anybody! :-) By the way, hello everybody!

6. Von Zeppelin says:

Oh, my Lord! What has CO become? First bananas controlled by frightening telekinetic baboon powers, and now bananas hacked to pieces in mid-smile and fed to a voracious infant! Won’t someone think of the bananas?!

[Thinking... of bananas... NOMMMMMM... - Ed.]

7. This picture put a smile on my face after a pretty sad day. :)

8. biscuithead says:

Day-O!
    Daaaaaay-o!

/With apologies to Mr. Belafonte.

9. must…resist…hovertext

10. Tegwyn John says:

Holy Smiling ‘nanners!

11. Ahhh…it’s the little things like this that can bring such joy! Love!

12. Super find Shelley–good eye!

13. I cannot stop laughing at the hovertext. I so, so, so needed this today.

14. Well all I can say is as soon as I saw it I Smiled.; )

I was in fith grade when these took over the world and I am still smile when I see one!

15. It’s things like this that reassure me that – no, I am not crazy.

The world really is infectiously cute & sometimes other people get it, too! :D daaaah!!

16. enhance, please!

17. Brings new meaning to the caption “Be the Banana”!

18. That’s the BA(rack)NANA and he’s smiling for a VERY GOOD REASON!!! ;)

19. definitely need a COXCU!

20. (the original) Mel says:

I third the request for the COXCU.

21. Really, jmuhj? Is he smiling ’cause he’s up to somethin? Tsskk…tsskk

22. I see :)

23. Yes, thank you for this. Definitely needed it. <3

24. berthaservant says:

A banana is an “unusual animal”?

Well, okay.

(Orange you glad I didn’t make another Freudian joke?)

25. crazyweinerdoglady says:

It’s still a crappy day for me but this at least is cute :)

26. haha, how cute! it’s got a little face on it.

27. Pinkwerewolff says:

ring-ring-ring-ring-ring-ring-ring….Bananaphone!

or smiley, as it may be.

:D sorry, couldn’t resist.

28. Transpogue says:

12% of shared DNA.

All I’m sayin. ;)

Sometimes a minicube of smilin’ nanner is all you need.

29. How can you eat something that smiles at you?! Seriously! It’s been a dilemma for me for a long time. I think Shelley and I should start a support group.

30. Michelle S says:

Pssh. I have no problem at all eating things that smile at me. Including iced happyface cookies from my favorite bakery. I eat their m&m eyeballs first so they can’t see what’s coming next.

*kronsche*

I’d probably have a conversation with that banana cube and tell him how cute he was before I ate him, though.

31. are the black spots in bananas tarantulas eggs?

/boosh

32. Welcome, @Paul.

33. I fourth the COXCU!

34. Annie: Wait.. you were in 5th grade when smiling bananas took over the world? Where was I? When was this? How could I have missed that??!!

and OMG. Annie Bannannnieee fee fi foo fannnnie….

35. I second the second for a COXCU! (or whatever number we are up too…)

36. biscuithead says:

@fawn lust

Mighty Boosh reference!

/eels

37. Peeps, we can only do a close-up if they SUBMIT a close-up. We can’t just sketch something up quick-like in MS Paint. I mean, we *could*, but I kinda think that would, y’know, suck.

38. what an unusual animal :)

39. Thank you thank you thank you for taking this photo! Too cute!

40. It’s kinda like when Jesus shows up in food….only cuter! :o)

41. snorglepup says:

Hi Paul!
    You are what you eat.
    Might as well be a happy banana!

42. darkshines says:

I have ben so ill for the last 36 hours, and this really cheered me up, but saying that I am eating a chopped up banana right now.

43. Cool! Although, if you’re vegetarian and use the phrase, “Don’t eat food with a face…” I guess you’re off bananas now. :o)

44. Gail (the first one) says:

@Crazyweinerdoglady, darkshines and others….hope you are feeling better…..

let a banana’s smile be your umbrella!

45. Sell it on ebay. I saw a smiling cornflake on ebay. Oddly, no bids.

46. That’s a nana?

47. This should be submitted to Faces in Places! http://facesinplaces.blogspot.com/

48. charliewabba says:

@Sarah F. – same thing as a nanner.
    And I think I remember the day smiling bananas took over the world – I was in college, and we were babysitting a plant for someone who was on leave for the semester, and we “trimmed” the plant every now and then…

49. Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

:) I guess your just happy, very.

50. REDONK

I just fell out of my chair, people.

51. Pups'nstuff says:

That’s disgusting. I HATE bannnanas.

52. Oh my goodness! I’m not a big fan of bananas but I can’t resist this happy one.