Percival Plans His Escape

"Laugh at my knobbular knees, will they?  Hah!  I’ll just pick up a bunch of these feathers, glue them on, and — VOOM! — I’m outta here!"

Atlantic City, here I come!

I don’t think so, Kate E.

Comments

1. HAHAHAHA! Talk about dreaming big.

2. cute wingleets!

legs, not so much!

3. What EES he? Besides adorable???

4. Percival!!!!!

5. biscuithead says:

Knobbular knees!

6. That’s so adorable!! VOOM reminds me of an Eddie Izzard skit. Mother Nature’s having a meeting with all the animals and is talking to the giraffe: “Sorry, I meant to make you more spaniel-size but I was at the drawing table and someone gave me a coffee and VOOM! (and his arm flies out) Sorry about that. Well, chin up!”

7. Theresa, my guess is some kind of crane.

8. catloveschanel says:

Remember, Rudolph, Percival!
    He thought his nose was pretty gross, but it turned out to be a good foglight.

!

9. fluffernugget says:
  10. BeckyMonster says:

Definitely could be a bebeh flamingo. He’s got lots of growing to do, and shrimp to eat. They don’t turn pink until later (it’s from all the shrimp)

11. The knobularity…I can’t handle eeeet!

12. I can sympathize. My knees kind of look like that too :-(

13. Its a flamingo seed! AWWWK!

14. 260Oakley says:

Dream big, little bird. Don’t let yourself be outdone by a piece of flying fruit:

15. I shudder at what kind of horrible, genuis plot requires such soft down.

16. steppy is in love with the wittle bundle of fuzz and adorable little knees. I do believe its a flamingo. Looks just like the ones at the zoo here.

17. Steppy- wanna go in on a big, honkin'(snerk) flock of ‘mingos with me? We can put them near my giraffe(plural) and my flock of Winstons. It’ll be swell!

18. @Erebella: CF Monty Python: “Look, mate, this parrot wouldn’t ‘voom’ if you put four thousand volts through it!”

19. “VOOM”?!? Mate, this bird wouldn’t “voom” if you put four million volts through it!

20. JINX!

21. Katrina, you have an orchestra AND a zoo? Awesome!

–Wait, aren’t they kind of the same thing?

22. Only you would know that, Theresa, I’m impressed…how is the choir coming along? We have a concert on November 23rd that should be phenomenoaanaal. Then we will do it again and again! (He raped Thrace thrice?)
    Good things in Central Connecticut.

I don’t think I told you-I’m studying to play the cello! I got so sad when everybody else was making music except me, so I’m going to play the cello. Film at 11!

23. Von Zeppelin says:

It think it might be an apteryx, a flightless bird with hairy feathers.

24. I wish I had said that, Von Zeppelin.

Hey, I just looked in on the Shiba pups- HUGE! and all with colored collars. Sleeping all snuggled up. AH, so relaxing….

25. One of my brothers used to call Flamingos ‘Kafwingos’ when he was a toddler. No ammount of coaching could teach him otherwise.
    This little kafwingo is very, very cute! Think big, little guy!
    (And yes, just looked at the Shiba pups again… They’re so huge now!)

26. no no no! Baby birds are not cute. Seriously, guys.. They are disgusting and completely hideous. This picture is no exception to this rule. To put little cogri tocks and this filth on the same website is insulting. Why???

27. @Katrina, it is always tough to pick repertory that is just challenging enough for them, but that also keeps me interested. But they are a game group, and pretty patient with me. I don’t have the resources to do big works, so I am always picking through groups of little ones.

28. @Jimbeaux, my nephew says “Maflingos.”

29. As long as it’s not a scarlet ibis. Those still make me sad when I think about the short story.

30. BeckyMonster says:

Eva, now now now… that’s not very nice.

This little guy is doin’ his best, and I would let him live in my bathtub and cuddle him every day if i could.

He IS cute now. He WILL BE glorious all growed up. You know, ugly duckling and all that…

31. biscuithead says:

@Eva

Open your heart!

Don’t be hatin’ on teh Qte boid!

32. CUTE

33. Knobular November anyone?

34. @Wombats – KNOBBULARITY??!!
    BAHAHAHAHA! That is my new favorite word.
    “Percival.” *sigh* I am in love.

35. Knobbularity, knobbularity!

36. TOO CUTE! And now I don’t feel so bad about my cankles.

37. Percival reminds me of Kill-ar from the old Looney Toons cartoon.

Still makes me laugh when I think of his mother, with her accent, berating him about not bringing something to the nest to eat, like his brothers…

38. Awwww, he’s cute! I would totally snorgle him, he looks really soft. Whenever I see flamingos I think of this post:

39. So tiny! Good thing the adults are so spindly that it doesn’t matter if they step on him lol

40. Kar — not to mention “The White Heron” by Sarah Orne Jewett.

41. It looks as if his legs are thick now and stretch out to spindly as he grows.

42. Sharon Wilson says:

Eva, it depends entirely on the species of bird. Some baby birds are bald and ugly, but some, like bebeh duckies, are fuzzy and cute!