THIS is what happens when you don’t weed the kittehs

Garden laziness always leads to the KITTEN overgrowth. Man.

[whispering] I think it has roots already.

Kitty03

Arlo R., get out your clippères.

Comments

1. Is that all it takes? I am NEVER weeding again.

2. Ooh, Mama Kitteh’s not gonna be happy having to wash all that potting soil off white fur!

3. I gasped at that picture.

*calls in sploded*

*really boss, I couldn’t come up with a rational thought if I tried now*

*yess it was the kittens I say*

4. ah! the latin name is floofiness abundanceness!

the one who’s sacked out cracks me up.

5. I plan to plant some pots like that next spring! The best kind of garden ;)

6. No ear or tail clipping please! remove kitteh gently and pet until kitteh purrs…
    much better solution!

7. the sleepy one looks very content. They are so fluffy! I think I would smoosh my whole face in that kitteh plant.

8. Silent Meow says:

A pot full of kittens! What a way to start the morning!

Maybe if I leave a pot outside, I’ll come back later to a pot full of kittens?

Me is dead now. *asploding*

9. ThreeCatNight says:

Where can I get the kitteh seed packets? They’re beautiful!

10. Is that catnip in the pot?

11. snoopysnake says:

Only clipping allowed is when they grow up and can have the Bob Barker-endorsed, “Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered. Goodbye, everybody!”

12. Truly, this is the epitome of CuteOverload-ness. Hands down best candidate for next year’s Calendar Cover. Well, until the NEXT epitome shows up…

Jack’s right– I can’t handle the Cute!
    *splode*

13. snoopysnake says:

P.S. I lurrrves theees leetle kittens! I would place them in a nice sunny window!

14. Ooooh, that is so sweet. See that kitty laying all down and relaxt on his back? :-)

15. Wow, what fertilizer prouces these results?! Miracle-Gro indeed!

16. Squeeeee!! KITTEHS!!! What an absolutely AWESOME way to start the morning. Thank you, CO!

I’ll take the little gray one, please. No, no need to put it in a bag — I’ll just snorgle it right now.

17. ScoutsMom says:

Response to pny’s “Is that catnip in the pot?”

Look more like catNAP in the pot. Ha,ha.

Love the little guy on the right who’s all sprawled out. But the porr guyin the front looks like he’s saying, “help, I’m smooshed. get me outta here.

18. @pny: Indeed, the part with the larger leaves behind them appears to be catnip, but it is trailing down from the pot behind them – the leaves are upside down!

Here’s a catnip close-up:

19. stubbedoo says:

Is this like the pot calling the kettle marmie?

Also, I’d like to have one of these delivered to my house, stat! I currently am experiencing a terrible kitten drought. :(

20. Kittehs definitely need thinning so please, I will take one.

I’m with you, snickers, I’m diving in!

21. Seven Paws says:

Ya know, when those kittehs get pot-bound, it’s tough – and they end up all squished. Time to re-pot!

22. See what happens when you don’t mulch?!?

23. Squeeee!

DED.

24. This has left me catatonic.

25. Of course the preferred pruning technique for kitteh overgrowth is the nom method.

26. DaytimeDeb says:

Uh, looks like this was grafted…. ‘cuz I’ve seen a red plant, and a grey plant, but never a red/grey plant. Was this the work of some mad master gardener/scientist?

27. I wish my yard was overrun with these kinds of weeds. Then I could spend hours cuddling them instead of sweating and getting dirt all over the flippin’ place.

28. Gadzooks! EVERYBODY NUFF THE HOVERTEXT! DO IT NOW!!! AIEEEEEEE

29. I wants…..

Please? Please can I has one?

I shall pluck a teensy marmie from the pot…

30. :O

NO SNIPPAGE :O

Just take the little plant insiiiiiide!

31. Oh, pot o’ gold MARMIES – that’s what’s at the end of the rainbow! Duh!

32. Space Cowgirl says:

I’ll take the whole bowl.

33. I’ll have whatever she’s having.

34. Oh, yes, next year’s calendar cover, for sure! That is irresistible.

35. Theo–

Rest in Peace, funny lady.

[Whoa, *yesterday*?? Weird, I had no idea. Sic transit gloria movie... - Ed.]

36. Why wouldn’t you want a wild pot o’ kittens?

37. wannadance says:

oh oh oh: the tail hangning over, the two little white paws propping up front baby….

seems to be several invisible ones…

groooooaaaaaaan. oh, cuteness…

i found a webcam with new kittens and mom, but the crate was all dirty and not padded. distressed me so much, couldn’t watch. spoilt by our puppies….

38. I love how the only one that doesn’t look irritated is the one sleeping. The rest are all looking at the camera like ‘could you get him/her off me please? This was supposed to be a one kitty a time thing’

39. John in Co says:

I love Sleepy McSleeperson on the right, while everyone seems to be squirming, he’s gone tie-tie.

40. racingsnake says:

I really wouldn’t cook with that thyme, if I were you… ;^p

41. jennifer Fritz says:

Great Pic! I love the catnapped one on right.

42. So remind me again why pot is illegal? I think we need more pot. I think if everyone had this kind of pot the world would be a much better place. (Excuse me, I must find some Fritos now.)

43. Jennie Mello says:

are those organic kittys?

44. JasonSmithAtlanta says:

I want to scoop them up with tortilla chips! Or maybe pita points.

45. I thought I’d pipe in since my friend posted my picture here. They were a litter of 6 strays that wandered onto my patio and couldn’t get out. So I took care of them for a few weeks (with help from their mama). That particular picture happened when I had my camera out and they all kept climbing into the thyme planter to sleep. Since then, I’ve kept two, found homes for two, and saw the final two find homes for themselves.

46. momof2kitties says:

Ummm, Decca? Everybody knows that Taco Bell would be the preferred munchies of choice. Not that I’d know anything about that, mind you.

*insert The More You Know music here*

47. What makes me laugh is that, despite looking squished and uncomfortable, none of the kittens look like they intend to LEAVE the pot. Well, with the exception of napping kitteh.

48. Good news: There are exactly 6 open spots in BucketHab. It’s not too late, little pudders!

49. Oh! SO SO SO sweet!

50. That’s right, Momof2….we never inhaled.

51. AuntieMame says:

Well, you know how kids are, banana. “I was here first, and I’m gonna stay here, no matter how many of my siblings sit on me. Even if my whole body falls asleep!”

52. OH MY, I’d PLANT weeds if they could look like that…

53. They look so kissable…

54. the other Brenda says:

@DECCA, why would anyone need pot with all those kittehs to huff??

55. I wish I could buy these organics at the local market. The are super-high in antioxidants.