InDognito

Well, what doooo we have here? Fabu pup costumes just in time for Halloween? Not exactly. It’s Indognito a book of fabulous canine portraits by Karen Ngo that just hit the bookstores!

First there’s: "Yes Master!" [Say in Barbara Eden voice]

Picture_1

Followed closely by the "Chihuahuas of Oz":

Picture_2

Here’s a page on a "well-disguised Doberman":

Picture_3

And finally; "The Sleepover…":

Picture_4

The fine work of Karen Ngo was suggested by Moira M.

Comments

1. The [topmost] one looks like the owner better double check their shoes before they put them on.

2. berthaservant says:

Cute, I gotta admit I’m a sucker for a good story. (It can’t just be a costume, you gotta have the story)….

Well done, Meg. A very NTMTOMish post, proving once again that you are teh mastress of all.

3. berthaservant says:

and teh hovertext too

4. temperance says:

oh, i totally wanna sleep over with last pup and matching jammies…

5. Wha?? Never thought I’d live to say… BLEEN!!! =)
    Now my life is complete.
    The dogs are 2 2 silly, BTW.

6. I am dying. DYING! At the last wah-wah picture. Welcome to my G1 background, Karen Ngo.

7. Ok, never mind, it SAID 0 comments! Not enough Quick on the Draw. Sigh.

8. I think that first dog is winking!

9. momof2kitties says:

Doesn’t the pupster on the far left need courage? Pupster #3 needs the brains, (or brans, if you’re so inclined).

I want to stay up late with sleepover puppeh and talk about the cute chocolate lab next door.

10. Those are so wrong in so many ways.

11. Poor Dobbernam puppster! S/he will never live that down!

12. Stephanie C. says:

Love the look on “Dorothy”‘s face.

It’s all “I weel keell you when you are sleeping for doing thees to meeeeeee.”

13. Mary (the first) says:

This is just wonderful. I never thought I’d endorse dressing dogs in “clothes” (much less costumes) but the more I see them, the more I WANT ONE FOR MYSELF! a little doglet that I can put baby clothes or doll clothes or knit her a little sweateuw (I would even learn to knit) and.. and .. I’m turning into mush. Thank you, Ms. Ngo !!

14. I know a cat you can dress up but not a dog. Those are awesome costumes. I also choked on my diet coke when I read the hovertext.

15. I may have to buy this book!

16. Okay, the Jeannie dog gets two perfect “10’s” from me. ;D One for creativity and the other for genius execution! Applause-Applause! (clapping with ovation).

17. BTW, in the second pic, it would be the puppeh second from right that needs a brain — it was the scarecrow who wanted a brain (the cowardly lion needed courage).

Having said that, those are CUTE!!!

18. Boomer's Babysitter says:

Sleepover pup, definitely wins my approval. So tie-tie right now, I could use a nap. C’mere puppy, we’ll snooze…

19. To the Chihuahua in the bunny jammies…

“You’ll shoot your eye out kid!”

20. Gail (the first one) says:

@Kelli: He looks like a deranged Easter Rabbit!

21. berthaservant says:

Yeah….

Dog #1 wins the costume contest because she’s doing SARAH PALIN AS JEANNIE!

22. Coincidentally, this story was just posted on FARK:

23. That bunny in the 3rd pic has a HUGE schnozz.

24. warrior rabbit says:

LOL, berthaservant! You are so right.

25. Anne Nona Myss says:

This is so wrong D:

26. I bleeve the hovertext sez what it sez because the left-most wawa doesn’t look especially bright, no offense wee pup it’s how you were borned.

27. Babs — that one’s from the road. The kind made of yellow bricks.

28. yeahIusePhotoshoptoo says:

now I can’t get that I Dream of Jeannie theme song out of my head…

29. OH the first one! I LOVE IT! and usually I roll my eyes when people dress pets up, but that was so freaking cute!