Ducks everywhere are celebrating ‘Tocktober

Get your ‘tocks in the air and wave ‘em like you just don’t CARE!

Ducks Marvin, Millie, Molly, CarrieDuck and Buzz sent in by by Carrie L.

Comments

1. bleening cute

2. Raising a glass to Tocktober! :D

3. Thats just ducky,bottoms up,are they mooning us?

4. Synchronized ducking!

5. I like duck ‘tocks and I cannot lie.

6. Ducktober

7. I think duck ‘tocks are the cutest ‘tocks of them all, especially since they’re attached to them flappy little legs.

I wonder if Marvin and Carrieduck know that they’re out of sync with their fellow synchronized duckers?

8. warrior rabbit says:

I like it when ducks do this! It’s so cute. Are they pet ducks, or are these randomly assigned names? Couldn’t help but notice the submitter has a namesake.

9. LOL Duck Butts too funny. Rock on Tocktober

10. That white one in the foreground made a big sploosh as he threw his tocks up in the air!

11. I want to live in a world where all the duckies are pet duckies and have names…

12. Thanks for the morning laugh, its just what I needed to finish this business trip.

13. Capt' Tightpants says:

You otha mallards can’t deny!

14. That’s just dern cute! I’ll be thinkin’ ducky tocks all day.

15. All along the backwater
    Through the rushes tall
    Ducks are a-dabbling
    Up tails all!

Duck’s tails Drake,s tails
    Yellow feet a quiver
    Yellow bills all out of site
    Busy in the River!

Slushy green undergrowth
    Where the Roach swim
    Here we keep out larder,
    Cool and full and dim

Every one for what he likes
    We like to be
    Heads down tails up
    Dabbling free

High in the blue above
    Swifts whirl and call
    We are down a-dabbling
    Up tails all.

Wind in the Willows.

16. Hey you! I know you. I know you!

17. @chanpon: *Snort*

18. Oh, I do love Duck Butts!
    We have swan butts, too nowadays, and they are quite cute, too. Those flippy-flappy feet are just tooo precious!

Thanks Hon Glad- I can’t find my copy of Wind in the Willows. I really should get another one…

19. momof2kitties says:

OOh, my fave! Duck butts!!!

LOL @ Chanpon!

20. @Hon Glad– thank you!

21. “We’ve got brown ‘tocks, black ‘tocks, white ‘tocks! Any color ‘tock you want, we got it!”

Love all those ducky tocks. :P

22. Did anyone else think that the one to the left was a shark fin at first glance? that would’ve definitely been “sad or cute.”

23. Fish-Dead says:

Rock out with your ‘tock out!

24. AuntieMame says:

Hon Glad, I was just going to post that! Hee!

25. WWhhheeeeeeee these are my ducks! These are my ducks!!!

Do you know how long we sat there while they dabbled to catch them all tocks up?

As an addendum – this is what happens when your harem is all setting, and you’re bored/lonely out of your mind…

She is Carrieduck because I saved her from death by duct tape when she was a ickle bebeh! Silly duckers

26. Carrie, were you aware that you’ve got a duck in your kitchen?

27. Duck ‘tocks are the BEST, especially in this formation. That picture is perfect.

28. Sahrawi Wife says:

BOTTOMS UP YALL!!!!

29. The only thing that could be any cuter would be DUCKLING ‘tocks.

30. Theo, yes I did, and there is no exterminator services for ducks apparently.

That whole incident lasted about an hour, and he never messed in the house the entire time. He wandered in and out of the house until one of his lady friends gave up setting. We never have had ducklings…leading me to wonder if Marvin is less than manly somehow.. (although opossums and raccoons bear a large part of the problem too.)

I added some baby pictures and pictures of the ducks out of the water, Buzz is the white duck with the cap on his head, Carrieduck is the black Swede.

31. Don’t you just hate it when mallards randomly wander through your house??

32. AuntieMame says:

I know, Carolyn J.! And those marauding pandas and hedgehogs are the worst!

Sahrawi Wife, or as they say in Monty Python land, “Well, chaps, buttocks up!”

33. fish eye no miko says:

@kar: I don’t think there are any sharks with black fins. Plus, it’d have to be a little one to fit in that pond.

… Now I have the _Jaws_ theme running through my head…

34. berthaservant says:

CaptTight- LOL
    HonGlad – thanks
    Chanpon – Best. SNL skit. Ever.
    Kar – I thought it was a shark too.

But personally, I was going to make a joke about the Marx Brothers…

35. AuntieMame says:

Well, I thought the black ‘tocks were a very confused chicken. LOL!

36. RE: Hover text:

“Well it’s 50 cups of coffee and you know it’s on
    I move the crowd to the break of break of dawn
    Can’t rock the house without the party people
    Cause when we’re gettin down we are all equal
    There’s no better or worse between you and me
    But I rock the mic so viciously
    Like pins and needles and words that sting
    At the blink of an eye I will do my thing
    It’s Like a needle in the cartridge when the record spins
    Like diggin down deep in the record bins
    Everybody gettin down make no mistake
    Nothing sounds quite like an 8 0 8″

This is like the tenth Beastie Boys allusion I’ve seen here.

37. bookmonstercats says:

Hon Glad, amazinks. I was reciting the pome to myself as soon as I saw the post. However…. I thought it was Robert Louis Stevenson, not WITW. I am happy to defer, though. Haven’t read either for years.

38. Laylaness — that’s because Mut’ny on the Bounty’s what we’re all about.

39. Theo, it’s ’cause you’re the illin’est b-boys. I got that feelin’.

40. Ehhh I needs me some beasties now.
    [grabs two duckies and a bear that’s cold]

41. mishypickle says:

This reminds me of the duck pond at my college. There was one duck with a crown of feathers tufted on his head, we aptly named him ‘Don King Duck’! Great photo, I’m smiling the rest of the day now!

42. Bottoms Up!!!

43. Isn’t this illegal or something?

44. Depends. Varies from state to state.

45. Why do I suspect this was all orchestrated by “Buzz”?

46. Ahh! The black one looks like a ginormous crow’s head!

On a monster crow….. madeoutofduckbutts DUN DUN DUN!!!!

47. Janice the "9 is Enough!" Cat Lady says: