Snailo Iglesias Narrowly Avoids Becoming Pesto Salad

This MINI snailio was “ehn”-ing along on a Basil leaf and almost joined the pesto recipe.

Luckily, his mini blorpitude was discovered and documented.

Snail_looking_down

Love the mini attenae looking down at Planet Hand, Sarah C.

Comments

1. Wee-est snail ever!

2. Where’s the COXCU when you need it?? Adorable antenna apendages!

3. CoffeeCup says:

O.O

Cute little snailio, but ewwwwwwwwww snails in pesto…of course I suppose you’d never know, but still. Ewwwwww.

Rinse veggies thoroughly, people! VERY thoroughly!

4. Aww, he’s so tiny his shell is translucent!

5. biscuithead says:

Snailio peers under the leaf:
    “Helleau?! Who eez under dee leaf?”

6. Cutest snail evar! And with the most dynamic eyestalks too.

7. Mmmmm – escargot!

8. …but maybe I’m wrong about the eyestalks. Where are snail eyes, anyway?

9. momof2kitties says:

10. Chinchillazilla says:

You’re right, skippy, that’s where their teeny eyes go.

11. momof2kitties says:

…and all I ever found was a beetle swimming around in my french dressing in my salad made of triple-washed salad in a bag. Let’s just say that was the LAST time I ever ate french dressing. Urp.

12. 260Oakley says:

Snail believes he has finally arrived at Palm Beach.

13. huuuuhhh who’s down there..

14. i need a COXCO!!!!

15. *taps vein urgently*

Hover text. I needs my fix.

16. So cute! Just look at those antennae!

17. spikedcolor says:

My God he’s adorable! I’d let him eat my basil plant, and I LOVE my basil plant.

18. scooterpants says:

“and then they all went and made Teenie-Weenie Escargot”
    And filed a gigantic lawsuit against the restaurant.
    The End.

19. @momof2kitties You were the first one, although you did come through the back door;)

20. elliottsmommy says:

oh, oh, oohhh…sixteen candles!
    he’s doing an impersonation of long duck dong on the bunk beds!!!
    whattsa hoppenin, hot stuff?
    yay! snailio improv!

21. Mary (the first) says:

LOL Elliottsmommy, I love that movie! can’t believe that little geeky kid grew up into such a BIG MEAN guy. As for Mr. Snailio, he’s lovely and thanks to The Hand for saving him!

22. Senor Snalio’s rescuer was out in the garden picking his organically grown Basil, when suddenly Senor Snalio was discovered and his rescuer had to make a quick decision… go inside and wash said fingernails, or take a photo of Snalio Iglesias and send in to CO for all of us to enjoy.

Now really… which would you have done???

;)

23. Sorry, but I’m not fond of snalios noming on my plants. One of them killed a bean plant earlier this year. :'(

24. Aww man, I *just* finished eating pesto tortellini. I hope the peeps an Trader Joe’s are just as observant when inspecting their basil. _@/

25. butterfly says:

I think the title of this post is supposed to be “Snailio Iglesias Narrowly Avoids Becoming Pesto Salad.”
    The current one says “Snailo” not “Snailio.”

SNAIL-EE-OH

26. (S)Nailio Iglesias!

27. butterfly says:

Snail-EE-oh

28. he is so totally “baroo”-ing.

29. Small, but not as small as my little snail.

30. Rosalynde says:

OMG, Emily!!!! You are so right!!! Its a snail baroo!!!!!!! Even cuter now . . .

31. “One of them killed a bean plant earlier this year. :'(“

Don’t come and live over here. Slugs stripped our entire clematis(and it was BIG) in one night.

32. That is one adorable little wee snail.

But I agree. Ew to snail pesto. But I bet we’ve all eaten some yucky things in food without knowing.

I hope they gave him a happy snailio home.

33. Snails = OMGCUTE
    Slugs = EEEEEWWW!

it’s the shell that makes the difference.

34. People. You don’t want snailios in your veggies.

But stop for a nanosecond and consider how THEY must feel.

A different perspective can be helpful.

35. berthaservant says:

stupid elitist snail eating fancy organic basil…what’s next, latte-sipping aphids on the arugula?

36. texirishrose says:

>0.0<

COXCU if you please…

37. I found a tiny snailio on my spinach salad in a fancy restaurant. Management was pretty embarassed.

38. Ms.McPantiesInABunchnuff says:

“Waiting for the nuffers to come out and comment the fingernails of Senor Snalio’s rescuer. “

LMAO!! me too!! :D

39. Gail (the first one) says:

I misread CoffeeCup’s comment as Rinse those veggies *thoughtfully*—LOL!!!

I think Snailio’s name is Eileen Dover!

40. Does mini snail leave mini slime trail too? *wonders*

41. SnailPsychologist says:

“People. You don’t want snailios in your veggies.

But stop for a nanosecond and consider how THEY must feel.”

I’d imagine they’re thinking “…” or maybe “—“. Something along those lines. Not too much space for a brain in there. Not all critters are tiny people.

42. Evangeline's Staff says:

If I hadn’t seen it, I wouldna believe it, but yes, that IS a teetiny snailio “BAROO?” When I looked at it I *clearly* heard him say, “WTF?” I’m grateful too, to the Great Mystic Hand in the Sky that saved Senor Iglesias. AND for showing him off here.

43. Sooooooo precious! I can never squoosh garden snailios, they’re just too cute.

44. Capt' Tightpants says:

“Palm Beach”

BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

done now.

45. OMG lovin’ the snailio action… and the word snailio… <3

46. Sweeeet!! What an adorable little dude!

We have slugs and I think they’re pretty disgusting, especially after unfortunately and inadvertently stepping on one (it was dark, and the slug was on our front steps). That goo was hard to get off my shoe, and I felt awful for the slug even if it was eating my flowers. But snails – snails are cute. Especially teeny snails. Shells make all the difference.

47. Awesome save Planet Hand.

Awesome save!

48. CoffeeCup says:

teeny escargot. teeny.

49. may I now use ‘blorpitude’ daily as an accepted part of the English language?

50. vandevere says:

With that snail peering down like that, I can almost hear him/her saying, “Err…whazzat?”

It’s a comical-looking thing…

51. Michelle S says:

52. I occaisionally find a Snail plus trail on the carpet or the couch, brought in by Stan my long haired Cat, also slugs, leaves, twigs etc. etc.

53. Aaaaaaawwwwwwww!!
    I love love LOVEE snails ^^ so cute!

54. Yey!! Another teeny snailio on CO!!

55. ewwwwwwww says:

Lerrrrve the snailio!!! Cutest snail ever. Surprised no one has commented on the cook’s fingernails though…..

56. If I forward this to a friend, would it be an e-snail mail?

57. I think the connection is kinda frail, Dale.

58. bookmonstercats says:

I like snails, when they are not stripping my garden. This one is adorabuhls.

59. Theo–you talkin’ to me, Dail?

60. So is downward facing snail a yoga position or what?

That’s clean green basil juice in those nails, I’m thinking.

Snailio is going “Oh Noes! Dey stolez mah dirtz!”

61. Possible captions:

“Huh. Coulda sworn there were some radishes under here”

“That is the pinkest leaf of spinach I’ve ever seen.”

“Well…there went the neighborhood.”

“O…kay…”

“Dammit! I knew I shouldn’t have taken a bite of that mushroom back there.”

62. Snailio, so tiny it took me a while to see him.

tiny *kiss*

63. scooterpants says:

emudoug-
    slug = snail w/o shell
    dont ya know. :)
    bona’pet-it baybee.
    (thats french ya know)
    *snort*

64. And Snailio lived happily ever after.

===== -@<

65. @jmuhj: Good point. Good thing this Snailio was saved that fate.