From the ‘Made Sense at the Time!’ files

The redonkulousness continues over at the chicken coop. Get a load of this Mom hen and lil’ pup taking a nap.

Check out the expression on the face of the little chick on the left. She’s all: "Whatevs, Mom." [waddles away]

1222920075wlqqk15

CUDDLINGK CONQUERS ALL Judy H.! (via The Courier Mail)

Comments

1. Hrmn, pit bull from previous post and hen swap babysitting time? Whatever, it’s cute!

2. Pup looks so cozy. :)

3. Re-dog-ulous…. and that is all I am gonna say!

4. “…and the chicken said, ‘Yeah, get this dog off of my butt!'”

5. compy-saur says:

The pup looks comfies at least! He should have invited the little chickerdoodle in, too!

6. Another tragic mix-up in the maternity ward. Pit-bull or chicken, one, should have used Dwight Schrute’s sharpie technique for marking their offspring.

7. Oh I am guessing that behind the pup are four or five more chicks not counting little red outside the nest.

8. Gail (the first one) says:

Puppeh’s gonna walk around with Foghorn Leghorn saying, “I’m a chicken hawk!”

9. warrior rabbit says:

I think the little chicklet is upset by the interloper. ‘But mom, that’s *my* spot!’

10. I’m thinking of getting chickens. If they pull this kind of crap though, I’m obviously not going to be able to eat them. Must be evolutionary pressure upping the cute factor…

11. balamuthia says:

Wherever there is a baby in need of some nap-time warmth, the LITTLE RED HEN arrives on the scene!

So cute!

12. Whoa… odd and cute, especially if you think of the previous pitbull and chicks posted. Which came first, the dog or the chicken? ;) Lion King’s “Circle of Life” song is playing in my head, off-key. :D

13. violetgreen says:

Where can I get puppy eggs?

14. Puppeh and a chickeh…what a nice combo!

15. That is going to be one corn-eating, morning-crowing dog when it grows up. But I bet he’s warm with that mama hen on him.

16. lol “mom hen”

17. Hehehe..I too love the disgruntled chick to the left. Looks like he could be giving shifty eyes to the space-stealing pup.

18. I want a big chook to come and sit on meeeeeeee!

19. Stephanie C. says:

It must be a chicken thing to sit on soft, medium-sized mammals because, when I was a wee one, I had a rabbit that was best buds with a chicken. They followed each other around and even slept in the same (tiny) rabbit/chicken hutch/box (really, it was a square-ish bucket with hay in the bottom that the rabbit loved and the chicken just jumped in on top of the rabbit).

Then again, maybe this chicken just has epilepsy like Peggy (my chicken) did and is a little off in the head (like she was).

Or maybe that pup just as animal magnetism; that is to say, chicks dig him (or her).

Anything?

Nah, didn’t think so.

20. littleredhen says:

That hen looks stressed,like she’s protecting her puppy.

Oh & I have used this screen name for years!

21. DaytimeDeb says:

excellent “the office” reference, Jen! I currently have a baby in the NICU department and even though I see her every day, for hours at a time, she changes so quickly that I thought about sneaking in a sharpie!

22. How cute is that?what will it do when puppy gets bigger?

23. Wow…

Totally nifty picture.

24. “Hm? Whazzat? I can’t hear you, I’ve got a chicken in my ear.”