Connect DAS DOTZ

People, a tattoo like this comes along once in every generayshe.

A tattoo that speaks to an entire group of Peeps. Peeps that look at it and say: "Hey. I can identify with that." This is that tattoo.

2461745299_4852221ec5_b

Huge snogs to C.S.O. for finding this action!

Comments

1. wow- okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay….

2. NO way! Is that seriously a tattoo????

3. no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

4. Commencing nuffers in five, four, three, two….

(btw, nice legs and lurve the polka-dot skoit)

5. that is serious cool, and a commitment.

my next tattoo is scheduled for two weeks! :) but it’s not like this one…

how cool is this girl going to be as an auntie!

6. Lana'sMommy says:

That is TOO cool :D And the Minnie Mouse polka dot skirt, that’s hot stuff!

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

7. talk about photoshopped… I could do that one.

8. That’s not photoshopped, you can tell by the small inperfections in the ink and her skin, totally normal and everyone has them, but you can tell it’s not shopped if you actually take the time to look, and not assume. anyway, fantastic tattoo.

9. I wonder if a tattoo like this might detract from my ugly ankles. HMMMMMM.

10. miss girl says:

THEN DO IT TRISHA
    DOOOOO IT.

11. I’m wondering what’s the bottle on the floor? Chivas?

12. miss girl… I will try! just gotta find a photo of a ‘blank’ leg.

13. My giraffe would be furry :)

14. AuntieMame says:

This would be great camouflage for varicose veins. :-DDD

15. PRETTY MUCH THE MOST AMAZING/COOLEST TATTOO I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! SO AWESOME!!!!

16. I think it would have been much kyooter if she got the giraffe tattoo to begin with and not just the dot-outline.
    When she walks down the street, it just looks like a bunch of dots.
    WOW /sarcasm

17. If I had this tattoo, I would totally spend all day drawing on myself… well, more so than I do already.

18. Oh, and since NYERHE ONE ELSE seems to want to do the tewtally obv. line:

“Nice stems.”
    (Clueless)

A-thank you.

19. I was guessing a constellation. The giraffe is way cool. Maybe I can do this with henna? I’m too cowardly for a tattoo.

20. Photoshop alert!

21. Dang, I was hoping for a
    Dalmatian–Cool tattoo,
    outfit cute, looking like
    “Dancing with the Stars.”

22. It’s definitely not photoshopped. Looks like more pictures of the same person (and tattoo) were posted here:

23. This reminds me, I heard somewhere that Will Shortz (master puzzlemaker) has one of the most difficult crossword puzzles tattooed on his back. I’d love to have a chance to solve that one!

24. ♫ Connect the dots, la-la-la-la, ♫
    ♫ Connect the dots, LA-LA-LA-LAAAAAA! ♫

– Not That Pee-Wee The Other Pee-Wee

25. Luv the shoes!

26. I think I’m in love with this woman… def in love with her tattoo…

amazing!

27. Forgot the nine :<

28. That is so fantastically great. I am actually really glad it is just the dots, not the whole outline — there’s something amazing about having to figure out what it is by actually drawing it like that :) Really really cool.

29. @seanna – the 9 is also the 6, so it comes around the finish one of the giraffe’s spots…it’s 6/9

30. As for the tat, I dig it, the concept and what it ends up drawing!(and the skirt is sweet too!)

31. I wonder how close you have to be to get an invite to connect the dots. Do you suppose she walks around with washable ink pens?

32. …and there’s a whole _other_ group of peeps who looks at her and thinks “nice legs. Too bad she chose to disfigure them with something that looks like an infestation of tiny bugs.”

A tattoo on an otherwise attractive body goes beyond “to gild refined gold, to paint the lily”, as Shakespeare put it. It’s more like painting day-glo flames on a vintage Bugatti. It’s anything *but* an enhancement.

33. Michelle S says:

Coolest. Tat. EVAR!

I’ve always been straight, but I’d marry a girl with a giraffe connect-the-dots tattoo and a red polkadot dress in a second! No questions asked! <3

34. Charlotte says:

…and as expected, someone is nuffing about tattoos. Sigh. The sooner people realize that their personal notions of what’s attractive have absolutely no bearing on others’ decisions regarding THEIR OWN bodies, the better.

What some people fail to realize is that most tattoos (cosmetic tattoos excepted) aren’t meant to be simply aesthetic or “enhance” the wearer’s physicality – they’re a form of self-expression, and can be very revealing of a person’s individual experiences, values, and personality.

To me, this tattoo signifies that the wearer is creative and has a quirky sense of humor – and I don’t know about you, but I found those two traits to be super attractive. Plus, she’s confident about her appearance and doesn’t shy away from showing her ink.

Rock on, tattooed chick. Rock on.

35. gravyboat says:

I love it!

36. this belongs in the Cute or Sad category or maybe Unusual Animals.
    Pleeease tell this is photoshopped. no-one could get THAT drunk…..

37. cheesybird says:

That. Is. Fabulous! Holy kashmoly, I love that tattoo!

Why would anyone assume this is photoshopped when there are much more outrageous (and much less cute) tattoos out there in the world?

That said, Trisha, sounds like you’ve accepted the challenge. If a picture of a blank leg is all you need to get started, here ya go: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Male_and_female_legs.jpg

Have at it!

38. Oh, good lo’, I’m not sure what to think… other that “THAT’S ASTONISHING!”

39. Giraffe Connect The Dots TATTOO!!!!!

FTW!!!!

what an awesome tattoo!

40. yankeebird says:

I saw this on another site I visit, and all I can say OMFG!!! I’d TOTALLY get a connect-the-dots tat. Wicked cool.

41. Too cute and a good idea

42. I luf eeeeeeeet!

And the legs too.

43. When I saw this pic I knew it had to be Colleen! So awesome!

44. Oh grow up, Lil.
    She likes the tattoo, that’s all that matters. If you don’t, then don’t get it. Period.

45. Love the tattoo and love the skirt, but I have to confess before she drew the line I thought it looked a bit like a skin problem. But the idea is totally awesome and the giraffe in red (matching the skirt, except she’s wearing pants in that photo) is great!! Where did she get the idea?

On another note – Will Shortz has a tattoo? Somehow that doesn’t fit with my imagine of him, but people sure do surprise sometimes!

46. That is freakin awesome!!!! Never even thought about getting a connect the dots tattoo, but seeing one, WOW…. I’ll definitely think about it now lol.. definitely wouldn’t hurt as much :P heh

Anywho… that is just super cool and very creative.

47. Love it, LOVE it, love IT!!! Almost cool enough to get me to get a tatt. I love the skirt and the jeans also. GO GIRL!!

48. Charlotte – I couldn’t have said it better myself.

49. D’oh, you can’t use a permanent-ink pen like a sharpie! Use a pencil in case you make mistakes.

50. wannadance says:

i love it!! wow: i recall when my laigs looked like that, long long ago….really pretty and wonderful tat!!

51. I have seen some unbelievably ugly, shockingly offensive, idiotic lifetime-of-regret tattoos on the internet. (Also some pretty boring ones in real life.) This is just about perfect opposite of those.

Heh. I bet you thought I was nuffing there for a sec.

52. Meriweather says:

A half-solved tattoo– how nifty. I’ve got a few myself, but they aren’t interactive like that!

Extra points for cute Mr. Girafferson.

53. I think it’s fabulous. I don’t think I’d get a tattoo (commitment issues ;)) but if I did get one, I hope I’d have the sense to get something this clever.

54. I *love* this. I admit that at first I thought it was a road-map (you know, with interstate/highway notations). The giraffe is too, too cute!

How inspiring.

55. Definitely not Photoshopped. That’s my friend Colleen. I gave her the recommendation for the tattoo artist she ended up using for this piece. His name is Dave Wallin – tattooculture.net. You can ask him yourself.

56. Charlotte is a person who simply and truly gets it.

The first two things I thought upon looking at this picture (excuse me: the first two things I thought after “damn, she’s got some nice legs”) were:

1) That is an absolutely genius idea.

and

2) I would SO want to get to know better any woman who had that kind of a sense of humor.

57. Great gobs of goo, that is so creative! And lovely leg, too.

58. scruffylove says:

I’m not sure why people get so defensive about tattoos. Anybody of age can get them. Tattoos are not especially brave, in fact, they are the easiest way to try to show who you want people to think you are. Granted, this tat is def more creative than ones I’ve seen.
    I’m as artsy fartsy as they get, but I express myself in other ways. I just know that I would personally get tired of a tattoo. And I would get weirded out about the dots. Fine for her, fine for anyone who wants them–just not for me.

59. lmaooo! love it! especially because it makes a giraffe – the best of the animals. this lady and I are clearly on the same wavelength.

60. As seen on her flickr account, someone created this in response: http://unsheeple.com/2008/10/giraffe-tattoo-of-woman/

61. Scruffy – I imagine the reason people get defensive about tattoos is that there is always someone who thinks that their concept of beauty is more right than the next person. If everyone had the same attitude as you, which is “whatever”, I imagine they would be less defensive.

62. Being the proud owner of 12 permanent beauties, i think this woman has guts & a great sense of humor. =0)

63. as someone who has seen and photographed this tattoo in person, I can verify it’s non-photoshopped-ness:

64. AmyJ: I don’t know if the Will Shortz story is true, but yes, you WOULD be surprised by some of the people hiding tattoos under their clothes. Like my 64-year-old mother, who is now up to four (two more than me–boo!).

This tattoo is super, super cute. Love it!

65. Mary (the first) says:

I love this! I don’t have any tattoos and will not be getting any (part cowardice, part not wanting to impact blood-donation ability which I do somewhat regularly) BUT I think this is just great. Delightful idea and well-executed too.

66. CoffeeCup says:

1. I want those shoes. Stat.
    2. I want that skirt/dress. Stat.
    3. I don’t want the tattoo, but it’s a neat concept (so much better than the umpteenth asian symbol)

4. Tattoos aren’t my thing, but I understand why some people get them, and to each their own.
    5. I wish my legs looked that good.

67. Gail (the first one) says:

@CoffeeCup: You have encapsulated my thoughts, exactly!!! *high five!*

68. Personally, I enjoyed NTMTOM’s Pee-Wee Herman reference. =)

69. AuntieMame says:

I’m not going to judge anyone on their views regarding tattoos. There are legitimate reasons on both sides of the argument.

For myself, I have considered a tattoo, but the thing that stops me is that I would have to defer blood donations for a year. That’s also why I have never pierced my ears.

70. Thanks Cheesybird….given the overwhelming endorsements of this being legit, it may just be…however, as promised I will still try and replicate. Good design challenge for me.

71. LOL… OMG total middle-school moment… I looked at Jessica’s comment and decided it would be best if I just skipped the last two words.

72. Okay…

73. Omg. I don’t even like tattoos, but that is *awesome*. Go polka dot dress girl!

74. Charlotte wrote “The sooner people realize that their personal notions of what’s attractive have absolutely no bearing on others’ decisions regarding THEIR OWN bodies, the better.”

And the sooner other people realize that this is an internet forum specifically for people to express their aesthetic opinions, fer crap’s sake, the less asinine people’s getting huffy about contrary opinions will be. C’mon, Charlotte, if this were a post about a dog that people thought was ugly, they’d be free to say so. When did people’s tattoos, on CO, become sacrosanct?!

“What some people fail to realize is that most tattoos (cosmetic tattoos excepted) aren’t meant to be simply aesthetic or ‘enhance’ the wearer’s physicality – they’re a form of self-expression, and can be very revealing of a person’s individual experiences, values, and personality.”

So are flames on a vintage Bugatti, as Robert pointed out. That doesn’t prevent them from detracting from what’s underneath.

“Plus, she’s confident about her appearance and doesn’t shy away from showing her ink.”

As if she has any choice, at this point. And for the rest of her life, as the tattoo becomes less and less recognizable until it merges with her spiderweb capillaries, age spots and wrinkles. Lovely.

75. Wot? No one else is disturbed by the fact that this giraffe has only THREE LEGS?!? Poor little thing – oh the horror!

76. Totally ignoring all the of absolutely cranky nuffing -

I definitely wouldn’t do this, but I find it high-larious that someone did. It cracked me up.

77. Dude! That’s Colleen from Fluff in Brooklyn! It’s a really cute online photocomic with like talking stuffed jerboas and things. Internet celebrity stalking for the win!

78. Here is what Fluff in Brooklyn is like:

No, I do not care about webcomics too much!

79. An interactive tat! If a tat is for attention, then this one takes the cake. Most tat’s people can just see what they are, but this one she can say, maybe if I get to know you better I will let you figure it out! How mysterious!

80. Also gives new meaning to “I just can’t figure that girl out”…

81. My opponent wants you to think I don’t have an economic plan. But I say to you, the American People, that when I am President I will place a lump of coal between the ‘tocks of every tattoo nuffer in this great nation. [crowd goes wild] I say to you that in a week’s time we will have a hill of diamonds big enough to put the chickens back in the pots [applause becomes deafening] and America! Back! On! Top!!!

82. BTW, the sleeve on the unbelievably cute girl in the shanalogic ad looks like it has a giraffe in it, too. Or is it a leopard? She keeps turning into a kitty pin before I can get a good look at it. Oh! Cruel world!

83. Ways this tattoo could have been stupider:
    1. It could have been dirty instead of cute
    2. It could have been on her face
    3. It could have been of a link to a RickRoll
    4. That’s all I got

84. DO WANT

85. I just wish I had thought of it first. So cute, unique, and cool!

86. Patito: I KNOW, is that girl in that ad not the most adorable thing you have ever seen? She rivals most of the stuff on this site (but probably not clapping bunny). I too have spent a ton of time trying to figure out her tat and I think it’s a giraffe, but now that you bring up leopard…

87. Flibbertigibbet says:

This just in: Tattoos make you cool.
    Colored hair makes you cool.
    Piercings make you cool.
    Having a faux-hawk makes you cool.
    Listening to Deerhoof makes you cool.
    Riding a fixie makes you cool.
    Smoking menthols makes you cool.
    Wearing ’80s ringers with slogans that can only be appreciated ironically makes you cool.

Well! Glad we cleared that up. Carry on, 21st century sheep.

88. I screencapped it and zoomed in. It’s a giraffe with curvy stumpy legs I think. VERY CUTE.

Sorry for the double post ;-;

89. Flibbertigibbet — you seem to have skipped “Sarcasm makes you cool”.
    Baaaaa.

90. eikoleigh says:

Very cool!

91. Wow Flibbertigibbet, way to be a hater. God forbid anyone be into something regardless of whether it’s mainstream or not. *rolls eyes*

92. Mary, most of the stuff Flibbertigibbet listed IS pretty mainstream right now.

93. Creative, but still. Don’t want.

94. Flibbertigibbet – how about “Doing what you want with your own body whether others like it or hate it is cool”?

95. no one seems to ask tho’, is this the giraffe from miffy?

96. Meghan – That was sort of the point. Doing what you enjoy regardless of whether it’s mainstream or not; as most people try very hard to avoid the mainstream as much as possible.

97. Aluriaphin says:

OMG, that is insanity. I salute you!

98. Michelle S says:

“blah blah blah I judge people blah blah hate blah blah blah I don’t understand blah disgusting blah blahhh everyone should look blah blah blah blah the way I deem blah blah because blah I’m concerned blah blah blaahhhh about people who don’t blah look and act like blah the way I deem blah I don’t understand blah wrong blahh gross!”

Will you people ever just get over it? Ever?

99. Nicole, you are the geniusest!

100. Stephanitza says:

That’s pretty cute.

101. Interactive tattoo! Good idea. HMM…

102. It’s always bemusing when people accuse those who find tattoos ridiculous of being “haters”. It reminds me of the old political charge “why do you hate America so much?” What? I do?

Bemusement and even criticism are not necessarily the same as “hatred”. If the trendy body modification du jour happened to be cutting off little fingers, instead of tattoos, and some people said they thought it was stupid, some would accuse those critics of being “haters”. Whatevs.

No one suggested that people shouldn’t be free to get tattooed, pierced, painted, scarred, tarred or feathered. But at the same time, isn’t it a little ridiculous to expect everyone else to look on and say “well, isn’t that swell!”? I somehow figured that tattoos required thicker skin than that.

103. Jenny Islander says:

It’s a cute tattoo and it definitely belongs here, but is Colleen actually drawing on herself with a Sharpie? That stuff is toxic!!

104. “To me, this tattoo signifies that the wearer is creative and has a quirky sense of humor – and I don’t know about you, but I found those two traits to be super attractive.” – Charlotte

“Yeah, and as we all know, it’s impossible to express ones creativity and sense of humor with, oh – I don’t know – clothes, maybe? Hairstyles? Nope: only permanent ink can express that, apparently.” – Leanne

i won’t repost all your comments, but why are you so defensive, leanne? charlotte didn’t state anywhere that tattoos were the ONLY form of self-expression. you seem so desperately on the defense that you even mix up her words. good job!

i suggest reading and possibly taking in what people are really saying, before replying with your silly exaggerations. yawn.

105. I can see this become an awesome pickup line, “Hey baby, I think I can draw an elephant somewhere down there…”

106. Oh my gosh. This is so weird. Did you actually post that? I am sickened. Try harder.

107. Michelle S says:

Some of you may not be able to grasp this simple concept, but there is such a thing as manners. Most of us learn the basics before we enter kindergarten. Manners are knowing when it’s appropriate to express an “opinion”, and when that sort of thing is seen as offensive. It’s perfectly acceptable to dislike a meal prepared for you by a friend, but it’s seen as impolite to point that fact out to her while you’re eating it. I’m sure there are lots of people out there that believe this kind of blunt and negative “opinion-giving” is some sort of admirable trait. I hear rude people defend their behavior by saying “I’m being honest”. But it has nothing whatsoever to do with honesty or even expressing yourself. It’s just plain rude.

Another thing I notice about people who are rude is that they always get so defensive when someone points out their rudeness, as if they should be immune from the same kind of harsh judgement that they so generously serve up.

108. Kathryn Kramer says:

I think what I like best about this tattoo is that it mixes the permanence of the tattooed dots with the impermanence of the actual giraffe drawing – it’s both interactive and changeable.

109. Kathryn Kramer says:

110. Michelle S, that is so well put. Thanks!