More Fallout From the Economic Downturn

As the developed world copes with the economic calamity, we must not forget emerging nations such as Orangustan, where widespread unemployment and rising fuel prices have caused severe overcrowding on public transportation.

At least those lucky buggers over in Clownistan get CARS!

Found in a Fark Photoshop contest thread by (checking notes) … um … oh, that’s right—me.  :-)

Comments

1. Room for one more?

(squeezes in the middle, sighs happily at being surrounded by smiling orang babies)

2. not only that, they have a flat tyre too~

3. Oh my goodness, I LOVE orangutans!!! They’re my favorite primates in the world! And they’re sooo cute. Poor things, unfortunately they really are having problems in “orangustan” though, thanks to deforestation and murder (because of orang “trespassing”) as a result of palm oil plantations…so don’t buy food or biofuels made with palm oil! Ripping up the peat swamp forests to put in plantations also released TONS of CO2 that had been stored in the peat. We should somehow try to support work in Indonesia other than palm oil plantations, so they don’t have to rely on exporting palm oil.

A group of baby orangs like this must be in a shelter for orphans, which is kind of sad, but thanks so much for the adooorable baby orang picture!!

4. Orangustan. *snort*

5. the primates just look too much like human babies that for some reason i always want to cry.

6. knightofmonarch says:

A wheelbarrow full of Orangutans, is that the same as a barrel full of monkeys ??

7. (The Original) Mel says:

I luvs dem.

8. Von Zeppelin says:

At least the orangs are smart enough to use public transportation to get to work. Where I live, we don’t even have the WTA (Wheelbarrow Transit Authority) and all of us dummies are in our cars burning up gasoline. Maybe someday we’ll be as advanced as the orangutans.

9. I would say so, knightofmonarch in fact that is the first thing that popped in my silly head LOL

this is vewy vewy cute

10. lol I saw this last week and thought, I bet this’ll turn up on CO! I believe it’s originally from that great paragon of British cuteology, the Daily Mail

More photos on the Daily Mail website from the 3rd October(sorry, I don’t know how to link to stuff here)

11. Technically, this would be a barrel full of apes… but still cute!

12. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

@Tarayith: To put a link in a comment, just cut/paste the URL of the page. It’ll automatically become click-able.

13. johnnyjohnny says:

Nothing is funnier than that.

14. that picture killed me dead.
    *chokes on cuteness*

15. So racist.

16. (meaning, not all Orangustanians are Orangutans, that’s such a colonial world-view)

17. balamuthia says:

Ugh, that is SO photoshopped. *rolls eyes*

18. I hear they make great fertilizer.

19. *rolls eyes right back atcha* Ugh, people SO love jumping on the “shopped!” bandwagon. balamuthia, see if you can come up with a quicker and more cost-effective way to move multiple baby orangs. Of course it’s not shopped. When my sister went to Indonesia to do her gap year project at a rehabilitation centre like this one, she also came back with pics of orang babies in wheelbarrows. It’s just a good way to get the job done! :)

The caption made my cheestrings wibble.

20. scooterpants says:

omg. i dont care if its photowhopped, dont care if B.S. says its racist, i thinks its frickin adorable and I LOVE ME SOME ORANGUTANS! and I love the flat tire. i would carry each and every one wherever they wanted to go (or we could hold hands on a rope in a line!!! OMG I just squealed a little!!!!)
    this photo rocks…and NTMTOM does as well.

21. I swear I had a childhood game that involved something just like this.

22. scooterpants–Your love for animals is SO GREAT–scooterpants rocks!

23. AuntieMame says:

Obviously the Plumbing Supply House is having a sale…

24. Juniper Jupiter says:

No, knightofmarch…

that’s a ‘barrow full o’ munkees!!

:D

**cricket chirps**

25. If this lot were on my train, they’d all be on cell phones.

26. snorglepup says:

Cute.
    The Fark link: somewhat disturbing!

27. Peeps, if you haven’t gotten this, it’s not ‘shopped YET. This is the *starting point* photo for a Photoshop contest at Fark.

28. Do Orangutans have four carbon footprints?

29. “Paw, them ‘taters is comin’ up all funny agin.”

30. fkdlsfksdlf says:

Here’s another one from Fark. A plush moth. :D

31. scooterpants says:

cacharro-
    thank YOU.
    -takes huge bow-
    and soaks it up… :)
    you are correct my friend!

32. A ‘barrow of Orangutans!

More fun than a barrel of monkeys if you ask me! ;)

33. Pile into the vehicle and travel through the dustbowl to look for work. But I hear it’s a jungle out there.

34. Rachel of Cyberia says:

During the Weimar Republic, it took one wheelbarrow full of oranutangs to buy one loaf of bread.

35. I like your posts, NTMTOM. Keep up the awesome work!