Curtain Climbin’ Ankle Bitin’

The rambunctiousness meter registered new levels at NewZoo curator’s Carmen Murach’s home recently. See, she was caring for two lion cubs who’s Mama died in childbirth. After almost three months, and each kitteh weighing in around 25 pounds, Carmen decided it was time to spare the furniture move these ankle biters to the zoo.

Bilde1

The kittehs love their new home, attacking logs, each other and rooting for Green Bay.

Bilde

Photos by Corey for the Wilson/Press-Gazette. A bajillion more photos over at The Northwestern.com

Check out the new kitteh digs fer yerself:

Excellent cuteporting, NTMTOM!

Comments

1. Lovin’ background cub in pic #2 and also the Ren and Stimpy ref! What about “Log for girls!”

2. Holly Joyal says:

I LOVE the hovertext!! The fabulous Animaniacs, yes? Also, the lions cubs are awfully cute.

3. Holly Joyal says:

D’oh, Ren and Stimpy indeed. Both shows were great, and much missed.

4. CHOMP-CHOMP!!! CHOMP-A-LOG!!!
    Looks tasty! :D

5. “No pouncing on people from behind!”

They’re so snorglable. =^.^=

6. they should bite some powdered toast instead.

7. Juniper Jupiter says:

Okay, who DOESN’T want to pull on that tongue just a little? :D

And THAT is one big chew toy!!

SQUEE!

8. OMG, you don’t even understand, I have randomly had the Log song stuck in my head for DAYS!!! Perhaps I was psychically predicting this redonkulous level of adorables!!

9. happy happy, joy joy at the “ren & stimpy” hovertext! how cute are these two? i’d be happy to snorgle the needy one who needs cuddling when he gets tie-tied.

10. OMG CUBS!!! and so cute and OUCH!!!!! heheheheh!

11. When big cats play with each other do they use their claws?

12. you get a look at that pawsitude? i’m sure that zookeeper thinks she’s the boss, but we all know those paws are the ones in charge.

(p.s. how jealous are you of her job?)

13. Teh cubs are epic rompsitude but if you look carefully @ her right hand…she’s missing part of her index finger *shifty eyes*. I’ll just let the pros do their thing & stay on mah side of the fence thenkyewveddymoishe…

14. fish eye no miko says:

Great, now I’m gonna have that song stuck in my head…

o/~ “What rolls down stairs/alone or in pairs/and over your neighbor’s dog?” o/~

15. “We’re not hitchhiking anymore. We’re riding!”

16. There has been a program called Big Cat Live on the last week here in the UK so I’ve seen baby lions in their natural habitat… These are cute though :)

17. snorglepup says:

He rather looks like Stimpy in the first picture…

18. Editors, you are wonderful:
    love the “Rambunctiousness Meter” idea and that they are alleged to have been “attacking logs”.

Yet another day made sweet, thanks to C Overload.
    Again — Meg for President!! (if she wants it; it would be rather a tedious assignment, compared to managing COverload, I suppose :))

19. The leetle peenk tongue, it keels mee!

20. cubs and ren and stimpy. Makes Monday almost tolerable.

21. Heh. Ren and Stimpy :)

Nom-tacular pictures!

22. Capt' Tightpants says:

Tout le monde aime le log!
    Ja, it’s really fun!
    Hey! I’m walkin’ heah!

You’re gonna love it Log!

nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

23. momof2kitties says:

This is what my kittehs think they look like, all fierce and stuff.

Can I have her job?

24. girlnextdoortn says:

Not “lion cubs who’s Mama”, “WHOSE”.

25. Von Zeppelin says:

“Rooting for Green Bay?” They should be Detroit fans, no?

26. if they were in their natural habitat…of Detroit…then yes

27. HA. Shout out to my hometown! Although technically, the N.E.W. Zoo isn’t in Green Bay, WI. :P

I’m going home in a few more days! I KNOW WHERE I’M GOING.

28. knightofmonarch says:

IT’S SAD THAT MAMMA DIED , GIVING LIFE TO 2 BEAUTIFUL CUBS BUT IF THAT WAS DAD ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCH , HE WILL WATCH OVER THEM . AND I AM SURE WE WILL SEE MORE OF THESE 2 CATS IN THE FUTURE .

29. Best. Job. Evar.

30. momof2kitties says:

I just clicked on MeggieMoo’s linky up there. Don’t do eet! You cannot handle the cuteness! That much cuteitude oughta come with a warning…

31. The animal curator is doing a great job-letting those lions be lions. What a wonderful story!

32. I looked at every single picture from the link, watched the video twice, and I still want MORE!

33. Luckiest woman ON THE PLANET ZOMG PONIES!!!!!

they are SO ADORABLE and I would love to nom on those widdle earsies.

I would trade with her in a heartbeat.

*sigh…goes back to my cubicle*

34. These are beautiful cubs.

@Seth- I am going to school so one day this is my job. : )

35. Boomer's Babysitter says:

I’m charmed by the little meow from one of them in the early part of the video. I also noticed the missing finger-part on the behalf of the keeper. She can have her job. I’ll watch, thanks!

36. Leopard print soccer ball!!! Leopard print soccer ball!!!

37. I love this site, thanks for all of the cute! I just wanted to comment on this entry because I see a typo. The photo credit is incorrect, it should be “Corey Wilson/Green Bay Press-Gazette” (I know the linked page just says “Press-Gazette”, but technically there is a “Green Bay” in there too)

Keep up the cuteoverloading. :D

38. Squeee!!! Babies!! Love ‘em!!!

Thnks for making my head asplode twice in one day, CO! <3

39. robredyak says:

Just in case some don’t get the “log” reference:

40. everyone wants a log, you’re gonna love your log.log.log.log.
    Log… from Blamo.

I miss that show. thanks for the link!

41. Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! :D